• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worst dealer I have ever met

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
The guy needs a vacation to think about what he's done. and rethink how he's going to act. He's irrational when posed with the exact situation that happened and continues to bash a good dealer, that has never had this happen before. So just out of curiosity OP. when tony calls on the availablitly of an item like he always does before telling someone to pay. Once it is confirmed with one person at the factory that the item is available. Do you think then he should ask to speak to another representative to get a second opinion on the availability of said item? Or is it possible that factories can sometimes make mistakes too, and that's exactly what happened, and has never happened to Tony in the past. and we chalk it up to a mistake? So, you you would go to Mcdonalds and if they F'ed up your order you would not go back there right? I can't tell you how many times my order has been screwed up. It's part of life. I don't go around bashing people for one mistake. and again, this was not Tony's fault. He did everything he should have by the book. So you still haven't told me what Tony did wrong. because he didn't do anything wrong.

lmvfernandes

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/12
Sintra, Portugal
Stop this thread, it's too much publicity. When things going wrong just open a ticket, and mods would help. I had issues with 2 of the TD's, wait, and when i thought it was enough open a ticket and voilá everything was solved right away.
Just my 2 cents.

egroegart

1/7/13
Just out of curiosity imvernandes. what would opening a help desk ticket help? This guy isn't opening a helpdesk ticket because he knows there's nothing that can be done and he's completely in the wrong. What would you expect tony to have done differently? Nothing, because there is nothing he could have done differently.

lmvfernandes

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/12
Sintra, Portugal
Just out of curiosity imvernandes. what would opening a help desk ticket help? This guy isn't opening a helpdesk ticket because he knows there's nothing that can be done and he's completely in the wrong. What would you expect tony to have done differently? Nothing, because there is nothing he could have done differently.

Egroegart, you misunderstood my statement, i would open a ticket if there was a reason, and i would never make a thread like this before everything was clear.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Pippo, this is an off topic question but I see you have a lot of sales here and probably many more that are not shown. How come you don't support this site by becoming a VIP?

egroegart

1/7/13
Egroegart, you misunderstood my statement, i would open a ticket if there was a reason, and i would never make a thread like this before everything was clear.

Ok. sorry imvfernandes. I understand. I completely agree.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I agree with lmvfernandes.
I did the same when issues happened and got it solved without opening a thread for complaint.
It would have been different if there was no will to solve the issue, but that's not happening here.

egroegart

1/7/13
Pippo, this is an off topic question but I see you have a lot of sales here and probably many more that are not shown. How come you don't support this site by becoming a VIP?

Like I said Jeff, he contributes absolutely nothing positive to this community. and then when one small issue arises he bashes one of our good dealers.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Like I said Jeff, he contributes absolutely nothing positive to this community. and then when one small issue arises he bashes one of our good dealers.

Look at it from the positive side; I've never had so much fun in braking down a post :D

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

1316203d1387379754-have-you-reached-point-where-what-youve-got-good-enough-lol-brah-not-gonna-happen.jpg

omegex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/14
My apologies to all for making this a rather long post but it is aimed at Pippo and I think that Pippo should read and inwardly digest.

Pippo
You really do not understand how the financial world works.
Let's see if I can educate you a little bit.

When you or I go and buy our shopping or fuel and pay by debit card, the transaction usually appears one or two days AFTER
you paid for the goods. Credit cards work differently and you don't get the statement until the following month. The reason for this is simple.

You pay for the goods and transaction is processed. The vendor submits the amount required to his/her bank.
It is taken from your available balance but the actual money disappears into the ether.
Why? Because your bank or debit card company is lending that money out overnight to gain interest on that money.
Short term lending is how banks and CC companies make money - particularly on 24 hour loans.

When it comes to a chargeback, the situation is somewhat different.

Tony has said that he has initiated the refund and that the process will take a number of weeks.
There is a reason for this - in step the financial institutions.

Tony institutes the refund. Whoever adminsters that account authorise the refund and takes money from Tony's account.
The company involved sits on the money and lends it out and gains interest on it.
Bear in mind that credit card statements are monthly things!!!
So they can sit on the money and gain interest on YOUR money.

Once YOUR money has gone through a few hoops and Tom,Dick and Harry have earnt their share of interest,
the money gets represented back to your CC company. Your CC company now has your money and is quite happily
earning interest on it until they decide to credit it to your account in whatever next statement they decide.
In the meantime, you have been paying interest on your CC for the amount you have paid Tony.
Don't expect Tony to refund you that as well, because it will not happen.

You mentioned PP. Well when you sign up to PP you do authorise them to be able to dive into your bank account or credit card to initiate a chargeback.
Well that's fine when you are dealing with companies who are selling gen products and you can raise a chargeback issue.

HOWEVER we are in a DIFFERENT world and that is why the TD's, in general, won't use PP - they really can't afford to have the authorities
crashing down on them. They are trying to make a living and can do so PROVIDED WE don't upset the applecart.

In future, if you do have a problem with a TD THEN CONTACT A MODERATOR. For lord's sake don't make a thread like this.
You are really doing some unjustifiable damage to someone's reputation and that is not on - AND NO I have not bought anything from Tony.
In the meantime chill out, have a beer or whatever you might imbibe in, your refund will appear- eventually - courtesy of the financial institutions.

Regards

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Completely different issues and with all the due respect I strongly doubt it really happened. Anyway this is not the right section. This is my feedback, you can agree or disagree, but there are no lies or stories, just facts.

Really?? The issues Joran listed sound plausible. You, being here since 2010, should know that.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Really?? The issues Joran listed sound plausible. You, being here since 2010, should know that.

I met the repworld in 2011, in 2012 I was introduced to RWG... So he's a year longer in repdom, don't know what he did in 4 years of time but he wasn't reading stickies for sure......... I've boought 100+ watches and I can assure you I've always had a pleasure in buying reps. From 10 watches 9 will go flawless, other transactions had little "issues", like not available aafter payment, etc.

I've come to a stage where TD's know me, know I don't need QC pics or any updates. When I place a order now with my preferred TD I send the payment and never hear back after until I thank him for the watch that reached my door. I don't care about QC pucs, tracking info, etc. I truly trust in the guy I deal with - makes life so much easier. Most important remains: don't spend money you can't loose. If I receive a watch DOA I take the loss. Fit a new movement or give it away to someone who can use it for parts.

My final contribution to this thread :woo:

The Dude

Renowned Member
18/2/09
Tony is my favorite dealer, in my many transactions with him he's proven to be honest and reliable.

egroegart

1/7/13
and I'm still waiting for my answer to what tony did wrong? When he issued the refund immediately when he found out the factory gave him the wrong infomation. He's not going to answer the questions boss because he knows he's wrong.

elystrine

Horology Curious
28/1/14
something amiss
"i have issues, those are facts. Someone else tells on issues with other TD in my thread, i strongly doubt it happens"
Not really the best move in a society.

I doubt that you enjoy people dissing your issues but im not sure why you would 'doubt' other people's story. Kinda like.. telling others to doubt yours too

From my reading comprehension here, seems like the main problems are these
-Stock availability issue ==> those who spent enough times reading around prolly know how the stock checking works so... no point discussing if the explanation has been dissed. I just hope new members would bother reading through the content of a thread instead of just the first few posts
-Long refund period ==> Ibid

Aforementioned being unacceptable by your standard is your prerogative but it doesnt seem to be entirely objective. Rather, the way you put it sounds tremendously subjective and this, might influence others in unhealthy manner, one way or another. :(

facts presented with subjectivity becomes distorted facts and it could lead to conjencture from the readers' side