• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worst dealer I have ever met

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Long story short
I first asked him if he could source 2 spare bracelets. He told me ok, I asked him once again, are you sure you can? Affirmitive. He doesn't accept paypal, only CC. So I had to call my bank to raise the PO (otherwise they deny the payment)

After few days Tony tells me he was wrong. He cannot source the spare bracelets but only the whole watch. We agreed I would have paid for the difference and get the whole watch.

After waiting 4 days and asking news, he comes back to me with the following message:
Sorry is not available anymore.
I asked him to refund immediately as I need to raise the PO with a different dealer...
The answer is..I will get a refund in 4-6 weeks. I guess I charge back or I cross my fingers fer the next 4-6 weeks and I am not so excited to do that.

I am aware it happens in the rep world but it never happened to me with Toro , Puretime or PerfectClones ..and especially not in this way...hence for me Tony is a big no go.
Last not least he doesn't even accept paypal.

My experience is..there are FAR better dealers around, I am actually surprised he is still a trusted dealer here.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Crappy situation, usually the CC refund is not that long. I almost blew a gasket when I was told by another TD the whole 6-8 weeks crap. I saw the refund about 10 business days later.

pippo

10/1/10
It's the whole experience with this dealer that sucks.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
That is a bit long. It does not take that long. 2 weeks is max. If done right away, it should only take a few days.

pippo

10/1/10
That is a bit long. It does not take that long. 2 weeks is max. If done right away, it should only take a few days.

He told me so, if he's got some plan to delay the refund..I don't know. I know for sure I don't trust him anymore

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
It might be shit, but it is not amazon you're buying from. These things happen and you should be prepared for it to happen to not get dissapointed like you are now. It's just having the wrong expectations, if this kind of things happen to me I just buy something else and wait patiently for the refund - don't spend money you can't lose.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
You should open a Helpdesk ticket so a moderator can assist you.

Initiating a charge back or dispute is not the thing to do.

pippo

10/1/10
It might be shit, but it is not amazon you're buying from. These things happen and you should be prepared for it to happen to not get dissapointed like you are now. It's just having the wrong expectations, if this kind of things happen to me I just buy something else and wait patiently for the refund - don't spend money you can't lose.

Yeah...sure, thanks for the valuable feedback.

pippo

10/1/10
You should open a Helpdesk ticket so a moderator can assist you.

Initiating a charge back or dispute is not the thing to do.

I actually just wanted to share my bad experience with potential buyers. :)
No need to involve mods here.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
Cc dispute could be considered the same as a paypal dispute.

Asian7750

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Trusted Dealer
2/11/09
about this order , I have to say sorry first , because the factory gave me the wrong information , I asked them whether available , they said yes , so I accept the order ,but when I get the payment and waited for some days , they told me can not find it .
abou the refudn ,I think I have told you in the email . you made 2 payment , one refund is about 2-3 weeks , and one is about 4-6 weeks . when I got your email asked for refund , I have made it immedately , but why need so a long time , I can not control . it depend on the gateway company and the bank , sometimes , just about 5 days , the refund can arrive ,but for me , only can tell you the longest time , if I said , 5 days arrive , but over 5 days still nothing , am I a scammer again ? our website made so many refund in the pass years , until now , no members told me they lost the money in the refund !
regards
tony

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
OP, unfortunately this has been happening to everyone.. Only the big dealers have "stock" and the smaller TDs get quotes and go buy after receiving payment. Part of the game. Usually the smaller guys have cheaper prices because of not having as much stock/over head.

4-6 weeks would pisss off anyone but I do not think any of it was malicious. I have never used tony but I'm sure has plenty of happy customers or he wouldn't be a TD here.. I would take it as a unfortunate incident and move on.

wqleow

11/7/12
I'm sure you'll get your refund eventually. Tony has already come out to clarify.
In any instance, you'll most likely get it sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egroegart

1/7/13
Tony is a stand up dealer here, and like he just stated he told you the worst case scenario 4 to 6 weeks, but could be as little as 5 days. He's a trusted dealer here for a reason. He got wrong information like he just said from the factory. Is that his fault? absolutely not. Before bashing a td get your fact straight. This thread is unnacceptable in my opinion. He also stated that he made the refund immediately. It is out of his hands after that point what the gateway co. and bank does. an apology and retract is in order here to not bash a good dealer.