• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worst dealer I have ever met

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
WHy would he open a helpdesk ticket when Tony immediately issued the refund and just explained to us that it's in the banks hands now and the gateway company? That's how those gateway things work, and banks all do things differently. There is absolutely nothing else Tony could do to change that. That is why this is crap. totally uncalled for. The thing to do would have been to contact Tony and ask why it was going to take so long and tony would have said exactly what he said here which explains the situation, and also that he got the wrong information to begin with from the factory that they were available. Tony is not going to tell you something is available when it's not. That's not how he does business. and you can see from his reviews that he has good feedback. and I agree, no reason to open a thread to bash someone when you have no idea what actually is going on. get the story straight, which you have now, and aplologize for trying to ruin a good dealers' rep.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Talking about chargeback might be a bit much and shouldn't be done without mods' permission. Having said that, OP has every right to express his frustration. How many times we hear these same stories where you ask for availability and were told that item was in stock, once you pay however they come back and tell us that item is not available and we are given choice to pick another watch or refund(which takes eternity). It almost feels like it is standard industry practice to take the money first and then check if the item is available or not. Lots of buyers are forced into buying another watch and dealer gets business regardless. This is not about tony or any specific dealer, it's all the dealers. I sometimes wonder even if they check with factory if the item is available or not before receiving payment. Just my worthless two cents.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Where is the issue here? If the factory tells Tony one thing and it's not true WTF is he supposed to do about it?
As for the refund that is how long it can take with the East Euro processors these guys use. It takes for ever with these guys but when dealing in contraband there are only so many processors who will accept the business. All the "experts" saying otherwise should pull their heads in.

Honestly, I think that once again everyone has forgotten you are buying illegal goods, goods as illegal as cocaine and you are buying them from the other side of the world from people who face 20 years behind bars for doing so. This ain't ebay and you are lucky you have dealers you can trust. If you don't like it, go your own way.

egroegart

1/7/13
absolutely Boss. totally agree. and the guy also says he's surprised tony is still a td here. OP. have you read tony's reviews? obviously not. He is s stand up dealer. slow on communication at times, but he is honest. and did absolutely nothing wrong here, but now has a bashing for the whole forum to see, when all he did was refund you immediately after receiving wrong information from the factory. I agree, there is a problem with TD's telling people something is in stock when it actually isn't, but you won't see any of those kind of reviews if you read tony's reviews. That's because he doesn't tell you something is in stock if it's not. so it was clearly the factory that screwed up. Terrible post. uncalled for.

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
It might be shit, but it is not amazon you're buying from. These things happen and you should be prepared for it to happen to not get dissapointed like you are now. It's just having the wrong expectations, if this kind of things happen to me I just buy something else and wait patiently for the refund - don't spend money you can't lose.

We need more members like you with helpful feedback. The rep world will be a better place, right OP? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
I think it can happen with any dealer anyway just be patient and your money will come in not to worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pippo

10/1/10
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I still believe there are much better dealers around and I would strongly advise against dealing with 7750.
As said such crap never happened to me with:

PuretIme
Toro
Mary (watchinternational)
PC
Trusty

Most of them have obviously
- better visibility on stock or more reliable contacts at the factory
- they do a basic due diligence before accepting a PO and ask a payment, especially if you ask for an old watch
- some of them accept paypal, therefore the refund takes few minutes not 4-6 weeks
- they have a faster and more precise communication

However, that's all from my side, the objective was not to collect opinions, the goal was to share my experience with facts.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I still believe there are much better dealers around and I would strongly advise against dealing with 7750.

PuretIme
Toro
PC
Trusty

- they do a basic due diligence before accepting a PO and ask a payment, especially if you ask for an old watch
- some of them accept paypal, therefore the refund takes few minutes not 4-6 weeks

However, that's all from my side, the objective was not to collect opinions, the goal was to share my experience with facts.

Dude, it's a matter of time:

Toro: I bought a pam, received with bad packaging and scratches on th CG, I requested a new parts, more then a year ago, asked many times and never got it. He promised it many times, but no never got it.

Puretime: Refund took 12 weeks, so what?

Watch international: Watch lost, replacement lost too, ******* customs. My bad, not theirs

So, that's 3 of your dealers having little trouble with me, as said before; these things happen!! Live with it or leave.

pippo

10/1/10
Dude, it's a matter of time:

Toro: I bought a pam, received with bad packaging and scratches on th CG, I requested a new parts, more then a year ago, asked many times and never got it. He promised it many times, but no never got it.

Puretime: Refund took 12 weeks, so what?

Watch international: Watch lost, replacement lost too, ******* customs. My bad, not theirs

So, that's 3 of your dealers having little trouble with me, as said before; these things happen!! Live with it or leave.

Completely different issues and with all the due respect I strongly doubt it really happened. Anyway this is not the right section. This is my feedback, you can agree or disagree, but there are no lies or stories, just facts.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Completely different issues and with all the due respect I strongly doubt it really happened. Anyway this is not the right section. This is my feedback, you can agree or disagree, but there are no lies or stories, just facts.

You strongly doubt it really happened? Oh man, I hope they forget you in the migration to the new server.

egroegart

1/7/13
This feedback never should have been posted. It is complete bullshit and even after the Boss chimed in you still are ignoring what really happened. So tell me what Tony did wrong? He contacted the factory and was told that it was available, then found out that it wasn't available and issued you a refund. at that point like it's been explained to your deaf ears it is out of his hands. He's not the bank or the gateway company. They control when you get your refund. It can be anywhere from 5 days to 6 weeks. Tony gave you the worst case scenario. So what did he do wrong there. Provide me with something that convinces me that issuing you the refund immediately was the wrong thing to do and I'll give you all my watches. no questions asked.

next you say you're surprised that tony is still a td here. Curious as to what makes you come to that conclusion? Have you read his reviews? I have, and I did tonight again. You obviously haven't. there is not one review of an instance where he told someone something was available when it actually wasn't. This is a first time thing with tony and his reviews are good so that statement you made was complete bullshit too, and made only to bash him. There are unfortunately dealers who do tell you things are available when they actually aren't because they don't check beforehand. Tony is not one of them. Your bashing of Tony, and complete ignorance of the facts and what Boss says shows a complete lack of respect and ignorance. the facts are there. You just choose to ignore them. You provide nothing constructive to this community. Good thing I don't have the ban button because you would be taking a nice little vacation. Tony is owed an apology because he did nothing wrong, but only did what he should have done.

pippo

10/1/10
Uh interesting .. post for someone who has nothing more interesting to say. Maybe I ll say it again just for you estocaz

PuretIme
Toro
PC
Trusty

D

d4m.test

From what I read around, the general situation with a TD (any of them) stating something available, which in fact is not after the member has send the money, is a daily occurrence. Noobs with expensive WU payments get the friendly, daily advise from longer standing members that "it is all part of the game", "nothing to worry about", "choose something else or ask for a refund", "it´s the factories fault".

So it´s just surprising that after 4 Years around, You are repeatedly so angry about this. Nothing else happened (yet) and most probably within 10 days, hopefully the money will be back. Just report when it´s back so that fact is known as well.

Have never bought from Tony (yet) and didn´t read anything negative either (until today). Won´t stop me on jumping for one of the "specials" someday.

It could have been better, but nothing "happened". Lesson I take is just that it´s faster and less fuss to get a PP refund.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14

Facts? Which facts? Let's split your post up to look at the FACTS.

AFAIK, all dealers are basing the "stock" on what the factory tells them OR based on how long ago they bought the same watch for someone else when it was available. No dealers have realtime stock inventory from the factories. If it's available now, it could be gone in the next hour. Stock indication has ALWAYS been one of the few troubles with TD's, you should've known that, if not: Go read again before you buy another watch!

Read previous post: AFAIK. Also, why would they? Old watch or new watch, doesn't matter buddy. They just sell.

Some do, yes, however I can totally understan TD's who DON'T accept paypal, especially for noobs like you treatening disputes. You don't wanna know how many euro's where lost by dealers by using Paypal.

O really? Toro as an example is known for going quiet sometimes, we've seen trouble with his communication too in the past. < Taking Toro just as an example, not that I want to shit on his sandwich.

It's just shit you have to deal with, if you can't: it's not the right hobby for you, go build some trains and start painting them.

JAFO

16/10/13
Same thing happened to me with a different TD, minus the credit card part. Difference is I didn't start a thread bitching about it. These things happen. And I'd still buy from the same dealer.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Excuse me? Are you accusing Joran of fabricating those anecdotes?

wimpie007

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/3/10
You sure know how to make friends pippo, or should I say Ryaku (on RG and RWG)
I know that if we hear from Tony that you chargedback in stead of waiting you will get banned on RG and prob. elsewhere too