• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

" Where is RUDY40" Please help a fellow member out!

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Moving forward from here, I'd encourage those doing transactions via PM to move it into the M2M section with a "first right of refusal". I've had some interactions here as a seller where I took it from PM to M2M with a first right of refusal to /membername/ - and then move forward with the transaction.

It just keeps it out in the clear. I realize that some of these builds are custom builds that aren't quite procured yet, or at least, built. But it seems like there is no harm in asking a member to take this out of the back room and putting it on the M2M listing with a first right of refusal. Or posting a picture of all the parts and listing in the parts section. As sellers, we can sell to whoever we want when the responses come in. It just sems like it might make it a little cleaner I think for moderators when the SHTF.

Thoughts???

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I always thought back door deals were against the rules. I even posted the sell of my Yuki and hands the other day. I got a PM from a guy asking me if I would sell them. I said sure. He wanted all my paypal info. I said we had to make a thread. I did, he paid and it worked out. To me back door deals are shady unless done with friends or like you said, a long time build.

I have a watchmaker who I have became very good friends with over time. He can have my watch as long as he wants. If he sells me something, I just ask him how much. The man is the most honest guy I know.

I think that is more what is going on with Rudy. He is building watches not really posting and selling them.

Oh and I agree 110% brother. Sells should be done in public. For the safety of the buyer and seller.

J___

M2M Stalker
Certified
3/7/14
The specs to the 16610LV I'm supposed to have from him are:

TC new Case set

TC LV hands
TC new LV insert
Gen crystal
Gen crown
Gen LV dial
Gen pearl to go in the new TC LV insert
Swiss Sellita SW200

I hope to God this watch hasn't been sold to anyone...

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
[MENTION=85911]J___[/MENTION] how much was that build? A gen LV dial is over $500 alone? I've seen the dials go for almost $1000.

DocThor

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/13
The specs to the 16610LV I'm supposed to have from him are:

TC new Case set

TC LV hands
TC new LV insert
Gen crystal
Gen crown
Gen LV dial
Gen pearl to go in the new TC LV insert
Swiss Sellita SW200

I hope to God this watch hasn't been sold to anyone...
These are the specs of the watch Rudy sold for a friend. There was a sales thread and the friend only asked for 725$ if I remember right...pretty cheap but since it was offered from Rudy it wasn't suspicious...

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

DocThor

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/13
Just found the thread...different specs but close...never mind...
But would be interesting to know if the buyer got the watch...

J___

M2M Stalker
Certified
3/7/14
@J___ how much was that build? A gen LV dial is over $500 alone? I've seen the dials go for almost $1000.

We did a trade for some watches for it and I shelled out some cash on my end.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Sounds like a great build. I have faith it will work out.

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
I hope this all works out. Rudy has helped me in the past and I had no worries of his credibility.

OhPanerai

24/2/14
I've always had positive interactions with him, hoping this all works out.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
This is the link to said thread:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/213147-Long-over-due-project-Franken-LV-for-J_

I haven't filed any claims against him because I'm holding on to faith in the good of humanity...
I just reviewed this thread that J___ shared of the build Rudy was doing for him. Here are a couple of photos Rudy sent me of the watch I bought, recognize them?

569e4c5223dc2b5a1465a39e955a2622.jpg
e3e1cb25690afa061c4627b67723bba9.jpg

These are just two of nine photos he sent me, but these two are clearly from this other build.

I'm not sure what all this means but it's starting to get harder to undestand what is going on here.

For the record I had asked Rudy to make a sales thread and have it approved before I send payment under the advice of RadDave. I'm knew to all this and I wanted to do things by the book, but I also knew Rudy has a seller reputation. So when he got short with me and said "this watch is getting sold before it ever makes it to a sales thread to you or someone ekse" I just went ahead with it as I didn't want to offend him. And of course I really wanted that sweet build!

I'm just glad I paid by regular paypal if this is as bad as we suspect it is.

Hope not though

D

d4m.test

This is crazy. I've had dealings with Rudy for individual parts a couple of times and it's always been great. I hope he's doing well, but I feel bad for the guys that might be feeling "ripped off".

If we can't console you buyers with encouraging words about Rudy, we can definitely console you with encouraging words about RWI as a whole. The board and mods have a great track record of working hard behind the scenes to straighten everything out. Just keep a clear head and communicate with the mods.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I'm sorry Maron. I just read the other thread and I don't see how you can say they are clearly from the other build. I can say the opposite. The one you are showing had a hell of a lot better pearl. The pearl on the other LV is terribly done. I hope you get your watch. It's funny. I shut down when being pressured. If anyone tells me that this will be sold before it makes it to a sales thread, that is a red flag to me. You have a Mod telling you to make a thread and a seller telling you he won't. I am really shocked what goes no back doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I'm sorry Maron. I just read the other thread and I don't see how you can say they are clearly from the other build. I can say the opposite. The one you are showing had a hell of a lot better pearl. The pearl on the other LV is terribly done. I hope you get your watch. It's funny. I shut down when being pressured. If anyone tells me that this will be sold before it makes it to a sales thread, that is a red flag to me. You have a Mod telling you to make a thread and a seller telling you he won't. I am really shocked what goes no back doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at post #22 picture 4 and 8. I know buddy, I fcuked up. I should have walked away when he wouldn't make a sales thread. But it's not exactly what I need to hear right now. And to be fair, it's Rudy, the guy has 26 friends, 100 positive feedback, hes super nice. So I trusted him. I hope and I'm still waiting to see if my trust was placed well. But the evidence keeps stacking up

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I'm not trying to say anything to push anything. I think that the evidence is not there. I think the man is sick and as far as we know, he is in the hospital. I am not hoping he is but in the same breath I hope he is. If you catch my meaning. It is going to take a lot to convince me that a staple and a solid member here has turned to the dark side. And yes to be fair. It is Rudy. He has 26 friends, 100 positive feedbacks and is super nice. That is why I trust him. I do expect this to play out well. Good luck.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
How much was your sale for Maron ?

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
" Where is RUDY40" Please help a fellow member out!

From now on I'm paying the extra 3% PayPal fees. Don't remember this happening as much when we weren't allowed to pay as a gift/friends/family.

Edit: that being said, I probably would have sent funds as gift to Rudy to save a few bucks. Almost bought this watch but was too late and wouldn't have thought twice about not getting it. I still think someone else shipped the "box" without realizing it was empty, maybe a family member. That still doesn't answer the other watch not being shipped for a year though. I'm still betting on a positive outcome for both.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
From now on I'm paying the extra 3% PayPal fees. Don't remember this happening as much when we weren't allowed to pay as a gift/friends/family.

Personally i hate this gift stuff myself......but its what everyone wanted so its allowed... it does protect the buyer to some degree.....USE DISCRESSION