• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where does Crownartcustoms get his inserts from?

josephag94

Vintage enthusiast
24/2/20
USA
Great insights, i guess for the price we cant complain and its worth to take the risk.
Price is expensive, I probably wouldn’t buy from him again. One insert is good enough for me, for submariner inserts I’d rather just go slay or gen

josephag94

Vintage enthusiast
24/2/20
USA
It looks exactly the same as my 1967 gen, even down to the fading of the blue on the insert. The only thing is that it looks like it still has a white date wheel rather than brushed silver.
It’s like a cream datewheel, riyi i believe

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
The Bivintage insert which I ordered has arrived and the colour is not a rich blue like you see with CAC, it's definitely more of a washed out blue which is find for a base to start bleaching and making look worn but will never have that nice deep colour of CAC.
Fitting and photos to follow

Reactions: Btadl1997

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
zFPIHp.jpg
zFPoEb.jpg

Mr_Shelby

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/12/22
Italy
For the price it's not bad, and if you found a good way to aging whitout overdo, this will be a good solution at a good price!

CAC inserts are really amazing, i have had one in the past and i dont think could be easily achievable at home!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
He make them, that is why they are so expensive.

^^ This. There's a difference in paint quality between CAC and all the Viet' makers/resellers. They look the same because they're all trying to copy the genuine bezel inserts.
CAC is hugely over priced but they are much better than any Viet' inserts.

redsubmaster

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/12/21
cac is expensive but honestly he knows what he is doing... that man knows to make a beautifull piece of art :)

got 5/6 from him so far, to me only option beside gen

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
3FdlwW.jpeg

3FdQYP.jpeg

3FdBzJ.jpeg

This is the insert in use, I had to sand it down to fit the knurled ring and the colour is definitely not as rich as the photos it's a little more faded in real life but I quite like it, and it's certainly good enough for the mean time so that I don't have to spend a couple of hundred bucks on a CAC unit.

drc767

Horology Curious
Supporter
21/4/23
USA
I have purchased a couple inserts from CAC for my Yodog 1675 build. He offers both Gen and aftermarket inserts. This one is a naturally faded Gen I purchased from him a couple weeks ago. High quality, but they can get pricey, especially the Gen pieces.

3FfymK.jpeg

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I have purchased a couple inserts from CAC for my Yodog 1675 build. He offers both Gen and aftermarket inserts. This one is a naturally faded Gen I purchased from him a couple weeks ago. High quality, but they can get pricey, especially the Gen pieces.

3FfymK.jpeg

That's a chemical fade.