• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research (no live links)

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Yes, thanks for that movement picture.
I have one and got lucky with getting a black date wheel.

I just received the quartz moon watch with date function today. It's based on the model 311.30.44.50.01.001

I bought it from Aaron's Special Watches: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1948844?spm=2114.10010108.0.39.JPRRUd
Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-...ity-All-dials-work-Stainless/32518511724.html

Unfortunately mine has a white datewheel with black text, unlike the gen and the one posted a few pages back.

The bracelet wasn't great and didn't fit the case well. I think it's the same bracelet that comes on all speedmaster watches i've bought (from Ali and TDs). It feels a bit flimsy and light. I swapped it for some vintage leather.

Unfortunately the subdials aren't recessed, which is one of the features of the moon watch I love

Very weak lume =(

The subdials: @3 is a 24 hour hand, @6 is a running seconds (ticks like a quartz and is hacking), @9 is a chrono minutes. The chrono seconds hand also ticks, which is a bit fugly. Chrono hands reset to zero

As previously mentioned, the date can only be set by winding the hour/minute hands.

Crown is screw down

The crystal is domed

Overall, it's ok value given the price, but it certainly doesn't scratch my moonwatch itch so I'll have to keep looking around

825ade5e0aeee6c96189e53e8292132b.jpg
28ebaaab91c689a12102a92adc1a4dff.jpg

7f42f9679d89456b046a159c7b06121b.jpg
268e91ceee6b755e8eeec3346fa6b605.jpg
89993a60b03c6e02456c84666329b321.jpg

e30d681fddd28d284f36e22027987b76.jpg

8e2a290b847b1ef1cd736e2d44df0bf8.jpg

james.blumenfeld

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/15
What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research

When the Chinese send a man to the moon that's the watch they'll use!

I have another Omega with the same movement, I believe after one hour the chronograph stops (resets itself to zero).
Frankly the chronograph on these is fairly useless since it's hard to see those little minute marks accurately.

mygse

11/12/15
Unfortunately, I don't believe that you may find it with black day dial <$100
All of them has white dial.
Only 1 store send me a picture with black dial. But it is a seamaster.
HTB1vLGnLXXXXXaiaXXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg

This is the store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1920271
And this is the relevant product: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...ic-movement-Classic-Business/32467213233.html

If you are going under $100, i suggest you less subdial as it's possible.
Because all automatic watches in ali under $100 has same movement.
If you look carefully all of them has same subdials
1- (1 to 7) Day of week
2- (1 to 12) Month
3- (1 to 31) Day of month

Like this moonwatch also Aaron sells cheaper
HTB167j_KXXXXXb6XFXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg

I've 5 replica watches all from aliexpress.
I'm surfing in aliexpress for more then one year.
And i'm telling these because i checked almost 150+ watch store.

If you want a watch with lots of subdials and you want them to work as the original one, I recommend you Quartz movement replicas.

timeonmyside

22/3/14
I wanted to warn people about a seller on DHGate. I ordered that Omega Bullhead from IKWATCHES for $90 and the immediately posted a fake shipping #. Almost a week later they send me a photo of a different ugly bullhead and said "we will send this if you like it". I told them no thanks I only want the model in their original listing. They removed the fake shipping number and I had to wait several more days to launch a refund request (per DHgate policies). It has taken them over a week to decline my refund request offering me a 1 cent refund instead. I have declined and they replied with "be nice and buy something from us". Now I have to wait until the end of the week (per DH) to get DH involved with the refund request.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/19780983#st-navigation-storehome

Buyer beware. My first crap transaction across AE or DH. I would not be surprised if they are on AE also.

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
I wanted to warn people about a seller on DHGate. I ordered that Omega Bullhead from IKWATCHES for $90 and the immediately posted a fake shipping #. Almost a week later they send me a photo of a different ugly bullhead and said "we will send this if you like it". I told them no thanks I only want the model in their original listing. They removed the fake shipping number and I had to wait several more days to launch a refund request (per DHgate policies). It has taken them over a week to decline my refund request offering me a 1 cent refund instead. I have declined and they replied with "be nice and buy something from us". Now I have to wait until the end of the week (per DH) to get DH involved with the refund request.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/19780983#st-navigation-storehome

Buyer beware. My first crap transaction across AE or DH. I would not be surprised if they are on AE also.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...s-with-leather-strap/1920271_32465956449.html

From AE

MisterGu

I'm Pretty Popular
3/10/13

Damn! That's the seller from AE I ordered the bullhead from. Asked for pictures before sending. Didn't respond for days and then a "friend tomorrow ship". Didn't ship for another several days and no response to my messages. Finally marked shipped the day before it was going to be automatically cancelled. Let's see if something actually shows up.

And pic used is clearly a gen. Top subdial on the reps all have 24 hour time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck

Vintage
1/3/10
Virginia USA
I just received this from one of the guys I bought a watch from on AE. This is going to be the norm soon....

--------------------------

dear frirnd:
Thank you for purchasing my products.
Because of recent changes in the products AliExpress path, you will not be able to buy these watches through this way.
Now tell your latest buy:
1. You can through my albums, buy products:
my album:
http://v.yupoo.com/photos/authentic-watches-hotmail-com/categorys/26267540/
2. Then through my AliExpress shop:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1112897?spm=2114.10010108.0.662.b3tM2m
Contact me: TradeManager or by internal mail to contact me, send your need to watches link.
3. my get your watches link. I will quickly give you a price, and for you are ready to AliExpress purchase link.
Then you complete your purchase, my delivered to watches you.
Thank you for your support and look forward to working with you again, thank you.

While I generally don't mind the back and forth messaging when buying a nice piece from a TD, the simplicity of Ali is a relief. No real pics? Yeah, it's cheap, so I'm good.

Looks like this guy is a pain in the ass. Followed these instructions and requested a price as well as asking the case size (just checking) and a day later he replied back requesting a pic of the watch. So once again I sent him the link to his own catalog. Another day or so he replied "in stock."

What the hell? I'd rather deal with a TD.

So, as I was typing this he replied back. Still no dimensions but quoted a price 20% higher than a TD.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research

Well I'm pleased to report that the two watches ordered from Jason007 at DHGate arrived just now and I'm quite impressed by them both (although I mistakenly bought the black Milgauss and not the silver so I might sell it on as it's not my type of look).

Ordered them on Saturday 9th and it looks like the package was inspected at UK customs but then let through.

The Tag is very impressive for the money (around $60). Yes it's a quartz but the chrono works properly as do the seconds at 6 (ticks not sweeping) but the chrono seconds sweep nicely.

It's a weighty watch with the main rep tells being the numbered rehaut (gen is not numbered) and the solid case back and character spacing on the back (gen has display case back).

Nice soft suede finish strap with a nice adjustable deployment clasp.

Link here: http://m.dhgate.com/search.do?key=229615782

Thanks to [MENTION=115251]nbingo[/MENTION] for the link [emoji106][emoji3]

Very happy with this.
7f002592c26c75e67b7e820357fec2b4.jpg
c46ca371b9b9e1d4891bb556135752a6.jpg
194246bdc623c844a3eb9f5e97bbd3b4.jpg
0fc617041df6555ce5a5b3b6f214acf1.jpg
44665324ff27a8c861b37d4ef0b1395b.jpg
9da2e078732fd975357aa73e14607095.jpg

gsxin

8/11/07
After buying about 6 reps from AE my advise is:

-If the store sells aything else other than watches I won't deal with them
-If there is no reply to my messages I won't deal with them
-If they have more than 100 different listings it makes me suspicious
-If all of the photos seem to be "stolen" from other stores it makes me suspicious

As for the products:
-If possible stick to rubber/leather/NATO straps, some will come with a nice logo, most reps on AE have very thin/light bracelets, getting rubber/leather takes care of that, specially if you think on replacing the cheap SS bracelet later, this way you get to keep the rubber/leather and your new SS bracelet.
-Avoid all automatic with chronos, they will not have the same function or markings as the GEN's and none of them will work if it is automatic, some subdials will be fixed or even painted !
-If getting Quartz with chronos, some subdials will have functions, but not likely like the gens, on some models the seconds hand will remain at 12 but on others it will tick.
-Automatics without chronos are the best, less points of failure and more accuracy to the GEN. The downside is that some movements could be so cheap that won't keep time correctly, it may gain/lose a few minutes after just one day.
-Don't expect anything to be water proof
-Don't get anything platet (rose gold, gold, platinum), it is cheap plating that will likely fade over time and usage.
-Always go for saphire, I reject whatever is listed as hardlex or glass even if I like the rest of the watch. Even if your choice is saphire it won't have a nice AR, some may be very blue, domed, or not AR at all (shining like a diamond), but at least with saphire it won't scratch or break as easily as hardlex/glass.

And Finally:
-I use AE mostly for not-so-popular brands/models so that even if I get a not so good REP, most people will not have seen a GEN of it before anyways
-Buy the one that you wouldn't mind wearing if it turns out to be not so great, with some luck you will get something decent, or very good, but keep in mind you may get something cheap (as was the price), before ordering remember you will like it even if you get an ugly baby.

offshoreaccount

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/1/16
If you are going under $100, i suggest you less subdial as it's possible.
Because all automatic watches in ali under $100 has same movement.
If you look carefully all of them has same subdials
1- (1 to 7) Day of week
2- (1 to 12) Month
3- (1 to 31) Day of month

Do you mean speedmasters or all watches? I've seen quite a few navitimers with a different setup as the one I ordered supposedly matches gen setup in that regard.

timeonmyside

22/3/14
Cool watch Ive been eyeing this one! Jason is great do deal with. I ordered DHL with him and got it within 48 hours to USA!

Well I'm pleased to report that the two watches ordered from Jason007 at DHGate arrived just now and I'm quite impressed by them both (although I mistakenly bought the black Milgauss and not the silver so I might sell it on as it's not my type of look).

Ordered them on Saturday 9th and it looks like the package was inspected at UK customs but then let through.

The Tag is very impressive for the money (around $60). Yes it's a quartz but the chrono works properly as do the seconds at 6 (ticks not sweeping) but the chrono seconds sweep nicely.

It's a weighty watch with the main rep tells being the numbered rehaut (gen is not numbered) and the solid case back and character spacing on the back (gen has display case back).

Thanks to @nbingo for the link [emoji106][emoji3]

Duck

Vintage
1/3/10
Virginia USA

Thanks to @nbingo for the link [emoji106][emoji3]

Very happy with this.

Does anyone know if this is the same seller on Ali?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1893171

borku

Known Member
25/12/15
Nice one, I am right now looking for that exact watch in ALI, but not sure yet about the seller, sooner or later I will jump on it I am afraid.
Enjoy both and let us know.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Nice one, I am right now looking for that exact watch in ALI, but not sure yet about the seller, sooner or later I will jump on it I am afraid.
Enjoy both and let us know.

I would definitely buy from Jason007 on DHGate, no problems. I just downloaded the DHGate app and bought it through that, very easy!

mygse

11/12/15
Do you mean speedmasters or all watches? I've seen quite a few navitimers with a different setup as the one I ordered supposedly matches gen setup in that regard.
All automatic watches with 2 or 3 subdials.
If you look all models carefully, you'll be aware :)