• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What watches are you looking to acquire in 2024?

Le_Connoisseur

GEN & REP collector
Patron
Certified
8/2/16
EU
Have a look at this, this is where I compare 3 differents dials for the 116519LN, the GEN vs GF vs RB dial ! RB dial was very very beautiful with IMO an important flaw : markers too long. Gen is Gen (and incredible haha) GF dial is really really decent rep, probably hard to say if it’s a rep or not if you don’t have Gen to compare 😁👌.

Reactions: Dave2302

Bez625

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
10/10/23
Have a look at this, this is where I compare 3 differents dials for the 116519LN, the GEN vs GF vs RB dial ! RB dial was very very beautiful with IMO an important flaw : markers too long. Gen is Gen (and incredible haha) GF dial is really really decent rep, probably hard to say if it’s a rep or not if you don’t have Gen to compare 😁👌.

Is GF and QF the same? QF is the only one I've seen with the tungsten weight...

I was a bit put off the QF by the SH4130 as I read they aren't very good movements.

• Wow
Reactions: Le_Connoisseur

Le_Connoisseur

GEN & REP collector
Patron
Certified
8/2/16
EU
Nope absolutely not the same GF is Gold Factory 😁👌
The go to version for tungsten and best dial ! (And SA4130 !!! )

Reactions: Bez625

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Clean explorer 36 or 39mm. Regret selling mine to this day

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe

Thank you for posting that thread. Will give it a read. Very much appreciated.

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Hey friend can you tell me, how does the tungsten Daytonas feel? Have you tried the GMF DD40? I noticed the weight is very even as if the case itself is a tungsten alloy vs like if they just added tungsten weights into a SS watch.

Curious on if it's worth a damn to buy one on a Oysterflex , or if I should just spend the money with xingpatrick instead.

Le_Connoisseur

GEN & REP collector
Patron
Certified
8/2/16
EU
Hey friend can you tell me, how does the tungsten Daytonas feel? Have you tried the GMF DD40? I noticed the weight is very even as if the case itself is a tungsten alloy vs like if they just added tungsten weights into a SS watch.

Curious on if it's worth a damn to buy one on a Oysterflex , or if I should just spend the money with xingpatrick instead.
No never had in hands the GMF one. What can I say is that some Tungsten models are full tungsten (like the GF) and some has just the caseback in tungsten.
Full tungsten case are heavier and more Gen like because tungsten is around 98% the weight of gold.
One important thing that I can confirm is : there’s no tungsten clasp actually on the market ! It just DOESN’T exist 😁!
If you want an heavier clasp : you need to go Custom Gold made clasp ($$$) or Gen ($$$$$) 💰 !!!
Oysterflex is very comfortable bracelet ! Im
More full metal watches man but I have to admit that I like more and more the Oysterflex 👌.

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
No never had in hands the GMF one. What can I say is that some Tungsten models are full tungsten (like the GF) and some has just the caseback in tungsten.
Full tungsten case are heavier and more Gen like because tungsten is around 98% the weight of gold.
One important thing that I can confirm is : there’s no tungsten clasp actually on the market ! It just DOESN’T exist 😁!
If you want an heavier clasp : you need to go Custom Gold made clasp ($$$) or Gen ($$$$$) 💰 !!!
Oysterflex is very comfortable bracelet ! Im
More full metal watches man but I have to admit that I like more and more the Oysterflex 👌.
This is exactly what I was looking for 💚 thanks for taking the time to write all this up. You honestly confirmed a lot of my suspicions (some use full tungsten case while some use weighted tungsten parts)

I actually was messaging David asking for price on tungsten case set and clasp (if it existed) and now I'm glad to hear that I was right and the part is simply too difficult to manufacture in tungsten to the same degree. I'll probably just get a custom gold one like you said but steel isn't a problem for the mean time.

Guess I need to sift through all factories or just only buy GF (probably only gonna buy GF) or buy a custom case from David(=

Once again thank you so much. At least I know if I get a case from David it'll be like 150g~ vs me not knowing what a tungsten watch head weighs at all kind of sucks. If I'm gonna pay I'm gonna pay and get at least within ~5 of gen weight give or take 5/10.

GMF DD 40 is probably as good as your GF Daytona in its own way. Mine weighs 176g cause of some lead tape in case back so I absolutely love it. Loved it so much I just bought the Olive RoseGold one. I'll probably keep them forever and put ETAs in them.

Bez625

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
10/10/23
I've looked in a bunch of places and I don't seem to be able to find anyone selling GF watches 😅 is it only a specific TD or am I missing something?