• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rolex do you MOST dislike?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
- Yachtmaster II
- Yachtmaster I in sizes that are smaller than 40mm (they look so out of proportion, especially with that massive bezel and smaller dial)
- GMT Master II 126720 VTNR (just ugly. It tries too hard)
- Pearlmaster (gaudy and way over the top, and way too expensive. They remain unpopular for a good reason)
- That jigsaw puzzle day-date
- Any Rolex with onyx dial (I never understood the hype, especially when the dial looks like glossy black paint without indices)
- Any Rolex Datejust with that palm leaf dial (it looks so gaudy and out of place, and it reminds me of weed)
- Rolex Submariner 114060/116610 series and GMT Master II 116710 series (fat lugs, blingy centre links, massive bezel numbers. Very "in-your-f--kin-face" and lacks the thinner lugs like its heritage and predecessors... even though i own a few of them lol)
- Rolex Submariner 116610 LV "Hulk" (i find the green dial with green bezel very ugly, even though i also own one lol)
- Rolex GMT Master 126710 / 126713 / 126718 / etc with jubilee bracelet (i find the jubilee bracelet does NOT go well with the fat case lugs and the already over-the-top design language. It is too much and too "in-your-f--kin-face" for me)
- Meteorite dial
- Artisans de Genève Submariner (i don't like the 114060 and 116610 to begin with, so making the boring 3130 movement appear pretentiously complicated with a skeleton dial and custom movement parts is like polishing turd. Plus the Submariner is meant to be a tool watch, not a piece of artistic endeavor like that)
- Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 (they upsized it and added a cyclops. IMO, they ruined the heritage of the Sea Dweller design and turned it into a pimped sub)

vvsbanks

Looking Around
25/12/22
EU
Any Rolex with aftermarket diamonds...
I see the Yachtmaster II has been mentioned many times already 😁 But why all the hate around aftermarket stone setting? I mean, yeah I understand it's not for everyone to have a watch fully set with diamonds but what about aftermarket set stones trying to go for the same look that the gen version has?

snaes

WTB Noob LMPO v5 🙏
Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
EU
Now I have a GEN one, im must disagree sir, it is marvelous :

Are you sure it's gen, the rehaut "T" doesn't align with the holes

On topic, I actually dislike oyster perpetuals, they seem so.. I don't know, basic, like, no reason for OP if there is DJ

• Haha
Reactions: Empereur

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Yachtmaster is the one Rolex design that hasn't ever clicked with me, unfortunately I find the design too contradictory.

It has tool watch aesthetics being based on the sub but the bezel looks cartoony not elegant and the tool aesthetic of the sub design makes it less dressy and elegant...

Tim4682

Certified
27/10/13
NC, USA
I dislike all Rolex. Not because the watches arent nice (they are), but because every civilian (people that have zero clue about watches) knows Rolex and it becomes a thing and people mention it. You wear literally any other brand and 99% of people have no clue that its a big deal and you fly under the radar.

I dont love attention so Rolex is not for me (100% personal thing…nothing against the brand, Ill say again I do like several models). I have one (a DSSD because its different/less common), but Im uncomfortable everytime I wear it (might sell it tbh). Even my AP, which is technically more expensive as gen is simpler to wear because civilians have no clue what AP is.

I worked in an office where everyone made a shit ton (mid 6 figures/low 7 figures) for 10+ years and no one wore nice watches. The only Rolex people had were hand me downs/family heirlooms. Maybe that experience created my issue. If I wore a Rolex, I would have gotten endless shit lol (same reason I did C&R on an AP ROO Safari years ago that I now regret), but no one ever mentioned the PAMs or Breitlings I wore daily because they werent watch guys so had no clue.

I own and wear watches because I love them, not to impress anyone. The attention is awkward for me UNLESS its a watch guy that I can actually talk to about them ( my dentist is a watch guy, so every time I go I wear something different and we talk about it and its fun). When its a civilian its always “how much was that?” Or “whats the most youve ever spent on a watch” and its just annoying/awkward.

Last edited:

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Even though I've a gen 36mm Datajust with a fluted bezel that my dad left me (which I love because of that) - I really don't like how the fluted bezels look at all.