• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rolex do you MOST dislike?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Yachtmaster and also almost anything with a fluted bezel😱

two tone bezels 😐
anything with diamonds everywhere 😑
meteorite dials 🫣

sorry. not sorry.

Reactions: Dave2302

icy100

Horology Curious
18/1/23
United Kingdom
Boring answer, yachtmaster 2. I wonder how many of those they really sell?

Less boring answer, any sub. The shape of everything on the dial (minute/hour hands, etc.) is just not appealing at all to me from a design standpoint. Just seems to clunky and quite frankly ugly.

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
Yachmaster II is by far the ugliest Rolex. Im not a huge fan of the new «Sprite» either..

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Stainless DJ or the YM2. Just not my vibe. As a contrarian, one of my top 3 is actually the Airking, new version. I’m in the minority, I know…but it’s very legible and a pretty cool look with the new crown guards.

6246jacko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/21
I'll get some stick for this but... Sub Bluesy

Looks amazing in photos but on the wrist it just looks tacky IMO

Reactions: Pureblood

GMT+9Tokyo

14/1/20
Germany
The new 1908. I think they did a very poor job replacing the cellini. The dial and hands are so uninspiring.

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
GMT-Master II 126720VTNR. Can't abide this watch. If Rolex had left the date window where god intended, I would have been a fan, (being sinister myself) but it was born a clusterfuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: nothingwasthesame

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
All rolex models honestly… not a fan of the clashing colors, average steel watches costing 15k minimum and the typical rolex bubble/marketing strategy.

• Wow
Reactions: McDuck888

spongeh

Supporter
Certified
18/2/23
UK
Anything with a flutted bezel or on a jubile, anything in yellow gold (solid or two tone), anything with a patterened dial or any sub, I just don't get the sub hype.

I do wear daily a VSF 41mm DJ smooth bezel, oyster & slate gray and love it, but it's about the only Rolex I'm interested in.

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Like many others, I can’t stand yack (yacht I know, know but damn if it doesn’t make me want to yack up) masters, with the 2 being the most vile. I find the second worst victim in the collection is “rainblows” Daytona models. The damn thing looks like Liberace’ place upchucked all over the place.

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Never liked the Yachtmaster until quite recently, but in stainless and black, on a black Oysterflex strap, it's a nice, sporty, casual watch...to me, it's more in the spirit of the original Submariners than the current ones are, which have suffered "mission drift" away from tool watches and toward jewelry watches.

That said, the Sky-Dweller and Yachtmaster 2 haven't grown on me yet...and are in no danger of doing so any time soon. And anything "iced" just turns my stomach.

JMHO, to each his own.

Reactions: djmac23 and RDRoss