• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What really grinds my gears.. #1

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Calling the gang.. What is grinding your gears? Let's bring this thread back to life!

@yllekp , @Raddave , @KBH , @trailboss99 , @legend , @blackboxes , @Subjeff , @bkg! , @xj4sonx , @FiloViridae , @sub4me , @junbug5150 , @tripdog , @smoke

And a 2017 update to this..

You know what REALLY REALLY grinds my gears?

People that just can't seem to understand that this is mainly an english forum and that english is the MAIN language of the forum.
We have so many different subforums for different languages and countries so why not go there and talk your desired language over there?

I mean how can one be so mentally handicapped to post in a thread speaking a language NO ONE on the whole thread ever typed a word in. I MEAN CAN YOU FING READ?!?!?!?!?!

Fing hell, I'm happy I don't have a 'ban' button. :rofl:

Armchair "Vintage Rolex Experts" who know nothing, and yet can't help themselves from spouting crap.

If I had access to the 'Ban Button", nobody here would be allowed to sell modded reps with 'long 5' inserts - it would be a life time ban offence - possibly even castration.

D

d4m.test

You know what's really grinding my gears now??? Teenage kids. Man our 14yo daughter is like "I hate you, can we cuddle and watch a movie together" and our 13yo boy is like "can I have some money to go out with my friends" and then you offer him a lift and he's all like "urgh it doesn't even matter" maybe I'm just not cool enough. They say teenage is just a phase. Man I hope it's doesn't last until they turn 20. I will end up taking a power drill to my temporal lobe

Sent from the RWI mobile app

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
My upstairs neighbor. Moved to a new place that was suspiciously cheap. I found out why last night; we can hear everything that goes on upstairs and vice versa. As we were leaving the apartment, our upstairs neighbor opened her window to complain down at us that we were too noisy eating at 2 am.

Yeah lady, you snore!

JeffSpicoli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/15
*What watch do you wear while taking a dump? The official Dumpstie thread*
*What watch do you wear while diving in a woman? The official Vagstie thread*
*What is your watch wearing for Halloween/Carnival? The official ****** thread*

Dude, those are too funny!

DaveW1234

Horology Curious
18/12/16
Yep, that really grinds my gears. You know what else?

The lazy asses that post a thread and don't even read the heading before it's posted. So many spelling mistakes and dropped letters to make it painful to read and you have to see the same stupid mistake over and over and over. Special shout out to the bi-yatch that posted "acutally" instead on "actually" on the thread title and the latest one "roblem with a TD". Come on guys, it takes a couple of seconds to actually proof read your posts.

With 1,119 replies, I've probably had to see the non-word "acutally" at least 200 times in the last 6 months and it irritates me every time. We don't acutally buy things from Aliexpress,

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/215195-What-you-can-acutally-get-from-Aliexpress-with-a-bit-of-research

I am sorry, that chick looks nasty!

Sent from the RWI mobile app

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I am always present....You just may not see me cause i'm sneakier'n hell :)

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
When you want to go sell a watch but you can't figure out what you paid for it because the seller did not reciprocate with positive feedback. So instead of checking my sales feedback I have to guess based on pay pal payment.

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
People who think that Rolex is the be-all and end-all of timepieces.

"Nice watch, is that a Rolex?"
Gotten that comment or a variation thereof for all my reps. (I don't have any Rolex)

Ok so a petty grievance all things considered.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
People who think that Rolex is the be-all and end-all of timepieces.

"Nice watch, is that a Rolex?"
Gotten that comment or a variation thereof for all my reps. (I don't have any Rolex)

Ok so a petty grievance all things considered.
Similarly those who if you wear any watch they won't notice but if you wear a rolex "wow, nice watch. Expensive uh?"

sent, me thinks

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And another episode of 'What really grinds my gears..'

Today we have new members that constantly do whatever fing shit they're doing except for reading and exploring the forums JUST A TINYYYY BIT.. :facepalm:

What's so hard about doing a little reading instead of just posting a thread and asking.. I get the whole side of these noobs but it just gets super super annoying for more seasoned members..

Seeing this over and over again, multiple times a day, countless times a week it makes you sick, literally.

I would love to just flush them off the internet for ever...

Let me repeat.. CAN YOU READ?

Reactions: trailboss99

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Oh look, we're even getting a second episode today as I just remembered something that annoys me deeply as well..

This time we have the super smart and all knowing fukctards that think they know shit all about determining whether a watch is fake or real and think they can smart talk other people that clearly and obviously know it.

Get it, get your facts and learn before you talk shit about anything not being real or being fake.. You're just a fing idiot that knows shit nothing

If you're not 10000% sure about it don't chime in and wait until others (THAT KNOW) come to the party and solve the puzzle, cleaning up your mess is not funny and just straight up annoying as f.

Some examples...

Look at the gap between the SELs of this 80s 16800..

-> shut the f up

Look at the scratches on the crystal and the ugly date mag on this 1675/3, also look at how bad these crown guards are and and and

-> shut the f up

This episode goes out to the 'bustacrew' @smoke , @tripdog , @QueTip

Texascat

Known Member
2/10/16
I'm pretty new to Rep's so I shouldn't have anything that grids my gears but...

I've had this one dealer recommended to me here and at RWG that has pictures up with smudged paint on the bezel markers as a representation of what he has for sale. He is a well respected dealer from all the things I've read and looks like he's been in the business for a long time.

Out of respect I haven't said anything but WTF?

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I'm pretty new to Rep's so I shouldn't have anything that grids my gears but...

I've had this one dealer recommended to me here and at RWG that has pictures up with smudged paint on the bezel markers as a representation of what he has for sale. He is a well respected dealer from all the things I've read and looks like he's been in the business for a long time.

Out of respect I haven't said anything but WTF?

Is it a major factory product? If not, it could just be an honest representation of what that particular model will show up like :p

Texascat

Known Member
2/10/16
Is it a major factory product? If not, it could just be an honest representation of what that particular model will show up like :p

Nope, he has reviews that rave as very Gen like and just as good as XYZ though...

memodeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
Seeing interesting looking threads on the New Post Feed just to click on it and find out it's in another language