• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First letter from customs

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
This is horrible news!!!

hope this gets resolved in your favor... which state did you get this shipped to ? I live in canada but was under the impression that the US is easier... I guess not :(

Florida

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
So my tracking has now gone to 'national hub received and processed' so hopefully you are right That and I am in the clear- fingers crossed!

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
I'm sorry to hear about this That.
It's a toughie when your purchase is not from a TD, and it gets seized.
I think that's why I'm hesitant to buy anything that is outside of the CONUS from a fellow member.
I got the dreaded letter to pay customs fees for a purse for my wife. I refused and it got sent back to Sead. He sent me another one after he received it back.
Please keep us informed as things change with this situation.

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
I'm already cutting my losses about to list some of my watches so I can order a bpsd

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Don't F with Customs or the boarderpatrol or you'll be hearing from GAF very soon.

Bosox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/11
Don't F with Customs or the boarderpatrol or you'll be hearing from GAF very soon.

Hmmm. 15 million people have f'd with the border patrol and are walking the streets of America with impunity. Customs might be a different story. Excuse my ignorance but what is GAF?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
GAF are Rolex attorneys, its a law firm and believe me you don't want them getting ahold of you over this bullshit. The watch is a loss and the poster is wise to let it go.

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
Of all the reps I've ordered for this one to get pinched I am fine with it comes with the replica game and I am aware of this

Achaedria

23/10/12
Of all the reps I've ordered for this one to get pinched I am fine with it comes with the replica game and I am aware of this

Keep us updated on the outcome? I'm curious to see if it's just a letter.

Did you respond at all, or with no response is the watch just a loss and it's over? Would be worried that they would require more of an explanation.

Like, why are you trying to import fake goods, can we see a receipt of your purchase or then move further to prosecute.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
They being Customs probably won't come after a person for one replica (many replicas may be a different story), however what you need to worry about is Customs handing over the watch to Rolex who will then point their lawyers at you.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
They being Customs probably won't come after a person for one replica (many replicas may be a different story), however what you need to worry about is Customs handing over the watch to Rolex who will then point their lawyers at you.

Has there been letters from GAF from customs seizure? I thought all their threats had gone to people who listed for sale somewhere (ioffer, craigslist,etc)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Probably nothing will come of it and Customs will destroy the watch, but you never know. I wouldn't pursue it, unless your crazy.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Probably nothing will come of it and Customs will destroy the watch, but you never know. I wouldn't pursue it, unless your crazy.

True that. I was just curious if they had hit anyone who had a seizure or not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

richardzx9

26/9/10
Make sure that the parcel is marked at a high declared value so that you have to pay a customs charge when it arrives.
Most parcels are opened by customs due to senders marking parcels with a ridiculously low value in order to avoid import taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk