• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
the while dial looks very nice on this watch

Agreed. I will be building another. PF base, PPF dial and hands, Keylog DW overlay. Simple enough. Upfront cost is a little high since you need to buy both watches, but the payoff is well worth it.

Frutali

Renowned Member
29/6/14
Holland + Belgium
Ct9TK.jpg

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I can see a very very slight gap, never noticed it before though.
That's true and pretty unnoticeable on the wrist. However on the gen strap end bend should line up perfectly with the lug edge, while your pictures clearly have shown that the gen strap end bend doesn't line up. They dont line up on mine either.

My guess is that the location of the lug holes is slightly off (further out) on the 3K Aquanaut. It could also be the depth of the holes accepting the protruding strap end metal bars preventing a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: TidusKun

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
That's true and pretty unnoticeable on the wrist. However on the gen strap end bend should line up perfectly with the lug edge, while your pictures clearly have shown that the gen strap end bend doesn't line up. They dont line up on mine either.

My guess is that the location of the lug holes is slightly off (further out) on the 3K Aquanaut. It could also be the depth of the holes accepting the protruding strap end metal bars preventing a perfect fit.

I think that on a bigger/flatter wrist, would push the rubber more flush against the case and would be even less noticeable. But otherwise, don't think it's possible to fix this with the 3KF! (If we consider it a flaw)

Reactions: Rainbowkin

farmersinsurance

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/19
Geneva, WA

Singapore 5167 on a black band to make it a bit more of a day-to-day wearer! Would love to hear your thoughts on this combination

(Although with the lockdown, the only person who looks at the watch is myself or the NSA through my laptop cameras)

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
I think it looks much better than the red strap :).

I feel the Singapore edition Aqua feels a bit forced and lazy coming from Patek (maybe that's my unpopular opinion of the night). When I think of Singapore edition of X watch, I immediately associate to the SWC Classic Fusion (I'm not a big fan of Hublot btw). They did a fantastic job redesigning the Classic Fusion in a way that makes the entry level model attractive and integrating "culture" along with it. You may argue that Hublot has a lot more freedom to play with designs compared to the more humble/classic Patek heritage. But I really thought the least they could do was update something as simple as dial color to compliment the bright red accents. /rant.

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

farmersinsurance

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/19
Geneva, WA
I think it looks much better than the red strap :).

I feel the Singapore edition Aqua feels a bit forced and lazy coming from Patek (maybe that's my unpopular opinion of the night). When I think of Singapore edition of X watch, I immediately associate to the SWC Classic Fusion (I'm not a big fan of Hublot btw). They did a fantastic job redesigning the Classic Fusion in a way that makes the entry level model attractive and integrating "culture" along with it. You may argue that Hublot has a lot more freedom to play with designs compared to the more humble/classic Patek heritage. But I really thought the least they could do was update something as simple as dial color to compliment the bright red accents. /rant.

Completely agree with this! It seems quite lazy and rushed as a supposed statement piece for the Singaporean Market.

Looking at it just as a aquanaut and a watch as a whole, I love the red outer markers and red hand as it subtly adds quite a lot to the aesthetics of the watch!