• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Nothing wrong. Reps are simply not gen. But if one wants to get his strap as gen-like as possible, then he must play the game. 3K straps have an obvious tell on the missing "ghost" end link as I pointed out above.

I feel like if anyone can pull off a Patek then the microscopic ghost line you're referring to is the least obvious tell. Not to mention the dial sunburst, the hands or even gold markers. So if someone buys a gen strap they're still got much more flaws to worry about. In terms of quality I think rep rubber is decent and very comfortable. Does it hold water against gen rubber?

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I feel like if anyone can pull off a Patek then the microscopic ghost line you're referring to is the least obvious tell. Not to mention the dial sunburst, the hands or even gold markers. So if someone buys a gen strap they're still got much more flaws to worry about. In terms of quality I think rep rubber is decent and very comfortable. Does it hold water against gen rubber?

You certainly have point. I don't know why other people wear gen straps on their Pateks, or on any other reps. However, for me, wearing gen straps on it makes the watch special for me and among all watches in my collection. For me it is less about the physical attributes of the wear but mostly the mental advantage it gives me over the rep strap - it turns my 3K Aquanaut into a franken at a much more reasonable price than does a gen dial or a set of gen hands. It enables me to enjoy daily a genuine piece of Patek product.

In addition, I take care of most my watches and dont take them to swim at all - the one I take to swim would be my GS diver. Although all rubber straps are subjected to wear and these gen Aquanaut straps are no exception, taking really good care of them may prolong their usage so that I can put them onto future iterations of the Aquanaut as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
Ct9TK.jpg

What model is that watch. Very beautiful

Reactions: DR Russell

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
You certainly have point. I don't know why other people wear gen straps on their Pateks, or on any other reps. However, for me, wearing gen straps on it makes the watch special for me and among all watches in my collection. For me it is less about the physical attributes of the wear but mostly the mental advantage it gives me over the rep strap - it turns my 3K Aquanaut into a franken at a much more reasonable price than does a gen dial or a set of gen hands. It enables me to enjoy daily a genuine piece of Patek product.

In addition, I take care of most my watches and dont take them to swim at all - the one I take to swim would be my GS diver. Although all rubber straps are subjected to wear and these gen Aquanaut straps are no exception, taking really good care of them may prolong their usage so that I can put them onto future iterations of the Aquanaut as well.

Thanks

What do you think about rubber ZF on 3KF Aquanaut? It will Fix? Rubber ZF seems to be better than 3kf...

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
What do you think about rubber ZF on 3KF Aquanaut? It will Fix? Rubber ZF seems to be better than 3kf...

Thats a good question. I dont own ZF straps so I cant tell.

There are a number of people have ordered ZF straps for their 3K Aquanaut and also people asking how the ZF straps fit on the 3K. Surprisingly there is no definitive answer yet according to my research.

There is no definitive answer on the quality of their clasps also.

Last edited: