• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What motorcycle do you ride?

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
And taking it to the track and Brands Hatch at that, very nice.

Very observant location wise, I'll get you to look over some reps for me :ROFLMAO:

My G/F, now 2nd wife bought me the Bike Track Day as a Christmas gift, I was in my mid 40's at that time, nervous at first, but was right into it by the end of the day, did a few around UK and never binned it once (y)
I had driven all kinds of race and rally cars around Brands, but never done a bike track day until then.

Are you in UK ? PM me if necc, I have been a UK garage owner all my life, semi retired, many contacts and if you need any help I would be happy to see if I could help you fix your Pontiac, or point you in the right direction to folks I know. I had many muscle cars way back as well as V8 powerboats, and a good friend back then owns a UK Rod and Custom shop, we used to build Auto Trannys for him.

Last edited:

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Thank you!. How do I post the picture properly?

If you click on your picture or after you upload I choose the Full Image BBCode option a copy and paste those links into your post.

H0bLwL.jpeg

Reactions: Dave2302

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Very observant location wise, I'll get you to look over some reps for me :ROFLMAO:

My G/F, now 2nd wife bought me the Bike Track Day as a Christmas gift, I was in my mid 40's at that time, nervous at first, but was right into it by the end of the day, did a few around UK and never binned it once (y)
I had driven all kinds of race and rally cars around Brands, but never done a bike track day until then.

Are you in UK ? PM me if necc, I have been a UK garage owner all my life, semi retired, many contacts and if you need any help I would be happy to see if I could help you fix your Pontiac, or point you in the right direction to folks I know. I had many muscle cars way back as well as V8 powerboats, and a good friend back then owns a UK Rod and Custom shop, we used to build Auto Trannys for him.
I appreciate the offer and wish I was near you to take you up on it. Could definitely use the help. When things break they tend to stay broken sitting somewhere. I also have a broken 2004 Harley Davidson Sportster, 1977 Yamaha RD400, 1974 Honda CB350 and 2000 Honda CBR 600 :( . The GTO is probably done for. I don't want to put any more money into it as it's fussy and parts are hard and expensive to get now. The car's probably worth 2K and I'd probably have to invest 4K into it and then something else would break costing more thousands.

lol, you mentioned Brands Hatch actually. I was thinking that was the track everyone gets airborne on but google told me that's Caldwell Park. I've only done about 4 or 5 track days in the past 20 yrs with the last one being 10 yrs ago. 1st one being on the yellow 2000 Honda CBR 600 and last on 2012 aprilia Tuono v4. I bet after you did yours you wanted to do a track day every day. I know I did. Could be addictive and very expensive. Kind of like watches...... Here's a picture of my last one 10 yrs ago. I thought I was leaned so far over then see this picture and I'm barely tilted at all. too bad the video guy was out that day. I would have loved to have video and hear the sound of the v4 again.

H0buEP.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
RD400 and CBR 600 were 2 of my bikes as well back in the late 70's early 80's. The CBR was great fun to wheelie until I rattled the bottom end outta it ;) As always it was easy to fix for me, as I've never paid any workshop for labour on any vehicle, excepting once, when I had a badly broken femur (Car crash) and I needed the back brakes done on my twin wheel transit van, so I gave it to a local garage, and yeah they fucked it up, so I ended up sorting it out me-self whilst still on crutches from the Op :mad:

Aside from the Fizzy and Fantic Ped's in 1978, at 17 I also went to RD250 and then a 250 KH Triple which had a 3 - 1 Piper exhaust on it, fuck me that was LOUD !! Sounded awesome and it could be heard a mile away coming up the twisties from Longfield to Hartley :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: shinynewbling25

Scrote

Asshole.
INMATE
7/1/24
No Joke, I’m closer to 50 and picked up a Bonds Monkey 21 in blue w ABS to fling around my gated community. I love that it gives me big smiles from people that see me. But I want to sh*t myself from fear on highway lanes over 50mph. I am waiting for Kawasaki to release something I hear rumored coming out soon in due time, I need a proper bike as well (sold one over Covid before manufacturing got us all jammed up for bikes.)

Scrote

Asshole.
INMATE
7/1/24
No Joke, I’m closer to 50 and picked up a Bonds Monkey 21 in blue w ABS to fling around my gated community. I love that it gives me big smiles from people that see me. But I want to sh*t myself from fear on highway lanes over 50mph. I am waiting for Kawasaki to release something I hear rumored coming out soon in due time, I need a proper bike as well (sold one over Covid before manufacturing got us all jammed up for bikes.)

Honda not Bonds. Autocorrect and typing are struggling on this blog. Keyword logging for ad revenue maybe? Can’t blame them, makes a free venison available to us possible.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is

Nice! I've been toying around with the idea to get a Honda Grom. I almost think I'd have more fun on that than the larger bikes how I currently ride. I know what you mean about the highway. I took a chinese scooter that toped out at about 50mph on the highway once and scared the crap out of me with cars just whipping by and me hoping a wheel didn't fall off the thing.

I see drums in the background. What kind of music do you play? I just bought a drum set maybe a year ago. Starting late in the 40's I don't have much hope for getting good at them. And I started open handed which apparently is not the way to do it, lol

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is

Sold this one after 20+ years................now it's just the HD & me
Nice. Bond would approve (I think that's the one James Bond rode). I always liked its funkyness. I've never ridden a motorcycle with that front suspension setup. Someday I might pick up an R1200R

Suzuki Boulevard in the background. I have a C50 that my dad gave me as he doesn't ride anymore.

Cigarlvr313

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
29/4/19
Washington State, USA
93f7ae3ab668b299e05049067053012d.jpg

Yes it is indeed the Bond Bike, I've loved HD all of my life but when I saw that bike I knew I had to have one.
Nice. Bond would approve (I think that's the one James Bond rode). I always liked its funkyness. I've never ridden a motorcycle with that front suspension setup. Someday I might pick up an R1200R

Suzuki Boulevard in the background. I have a C50 that my dad gave me as he doesn't ride anymore.

EM9

Watch Acquisition Disorder
Supporter
Certified
7/8/18
28.3772° N, 81.5707° W
Which one do you ride more? Crazy that 1099's are "older" now.
HD for sure. There was a time the 1099 was my only transportation. It never liked traffic. Took it a tooth down in the front and put in a nice clutch slave. Made it palatable but it would just lug under 35mph. Also super hot on the junk going slow lol. It's best reserved for mountain runs.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
HD for sure. There was a time the 1099 was my only transportation. It never liked traffic. Took it a tooth down in the front and put in a nice clutch slave. Made it palatable but it would just lug under 35mph. Also super hot on the junk going slow lol. It's best reserved for mountain runs.
Those big twins regearing pretty mandator for street riding. Only transportation, you're a glutton for punishment. My Tuono was also hot in traffic but it came out the sides and didn't roast my nuts just my legs. I traded the Tuono for a 2004 HD Sportster Roadster 1200 and a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX. I like the HD but the one I got was pretty rough condition and isn't really satifying my HD craving. I may eventually take my losses on it and look for a Heritage Classic or 2018ish older Lowrider.

On-it

Horology Curious
15/1/24
The Tuono V4 1100 Factory is my favourite of the collection.
I got it from an Aprilia dealership early 2020 with 6km/3.7 miles on the clock, have done the usual aprilia owners mod to it.

Each time I top up to full tank then reset the trip meter when it reaches 110 kilometers I pull into a nearest gas station,
there will be still some gas in the tank but this is how I run my Aprilia.

Its a great fast, good handling bike on open winding twisting country roads but for city riding it is not so good
for Track use it is just OK-ish >>> Good-ish but not Great as there are better more track focused bikes that will run rings around the Tuono.
It is a great wannabe hooligan, racer-boy, naked bike for the road with best sounding V4, imho !

Reactions: EM9

EM9

Watch Acquisition Disorder
Supporter
Certified
7/8/18
28.3772° N, 81.5707° W
Those big twins regearing pretty mandator for street riding. Only transportation, you're a glutton for punishment. My Tuono was also hot in traffic but it came out the sides and didn't roast my nuts just my legs. I traded the Tuono for a 2004 HD Sportster Roadster 1200 and a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX. I like the HD but the one I got was pretty rough condition and isn't really satifying my HD craving. I may eventually take my losses on it and look for a Heritage Classic or 2018ish older Lowrider.
Funny enough, a RC51 started the v-twin lust for me. The first time with that torque band and it was over.

Reactions: On-it