• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
My scratch magnet, now with gen bezel, correct date wheel and rotor, and rhodium plated screws. Gen caseback is incoming.

Wow that gold rotor really makes it. Is this all gen except midcase and bracelet once caseback comes in?

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
In short the parts that matter are gen. That’s the most important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate you saying that. The next step is going to be replacing the dial. I’m trying to see if I can find a gen grey dial. I may be waiting a very long time.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My scratch magnet, now with gen bezel, correct date wheel and rotor, and rhodium plated screws. Gen caseback is incoming.

Hey jptrosch , just a minor note, if your gen caseback is an i series onward, it should have the modern font for the datewheel to be period correct.
I think a 3120 datewheel is relatively common, but only the early H series 15400 has the serifed DW. So if you are after perfection, this is something you may wish to take note of.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
Hey jptrosch , just a minor note, if your gen caseback is an i series onward, it should have the modern font for the datewheel to be period correct.
I think a 3120 datewheel is relatively common, but only the early H series 15400 has the serifed DW. So if you are after perfection, this is something you may wish to take note of.

I think it actually is a post i series caseback, but at this point I'm going to let it go. The current dial also isn't correct in that case. It has the narrow "AP" found in the early 15400s.

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

The GOAT knowledge. :qtip2:

Reactions: jptrosch and legend

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Finally the Bumblebee is finished.

Specs now:

- new Gen Dial
- new Set Gen Hands (all)
- Gen Hornback
- Gen Hublot Movement
- Mikey’s modern Datewheel
- Mikey’s Gen Spec Cyclope
- Gen Spec Crystal (3.0mm with a Step and facet)
- Franken Work from Domi, closing the old Crown Hole with real Carbon, Watch thickness 14.7mm, rework Case finish and so much adjustments for the Parts.....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Amazing build, looks classy!! Wear in good health FT.

Reactions: flying-tommy

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Finally, my second RGRC is finished after 1 year.

Please do not ask for prices for the hands and the set Dial/Tachy, otherwise I start to cry. Lol

No, I am happy to have received this set. And I am aware that it is not self-evident to get these rarities brand new. Everything has a price.

Detailed pictures will follow in the next days. Just a few short pictures and the specs now.

- new Gen Dial and Tachy (love the Metallic Tachy)
- Full Set new Gen Roségold Hands (really hard to source)
- Swiss Hublot Movement
- JF Base Watch
- 1 x AR Crystal 2.5mm
- Mikey’s Gen Spec Cyclope
- Mikey’s Classic Datewheel
- my updated Roségold Plating (Pictures compared to Gen Bracelet will following)
- plated Deployment Clasp with black Rubber
- plated Pin Buckle with Gray new Style Rubber
- Domis Franken work with new Tools
- new Movement Holder Rhodium plated
- Water Proofed
- correct Caseback “F” serial number. many thanks to Alvin!

278c8b72dbdc8d809d41b81b39c350ad.jpg

0b2f8033d6faa416b32b7b23c5e9d200.jpg

82e303a5cf88a1a8b316ba1cedec13c6.jpg

26e8134cdd88d58d4b8f8b46a9c4294f.png

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Superlory wants u to cry Hahahaha
Yes, what’s the Rate of Investment?

Love that Hublot rotor!

If my beater price range is same as the gen RGRC, I don’t think there is an amount named, spent on AP frankens, which can make me cry. It’ll either make sense VS gen, or doesn’t. :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Here are some more Pictures from the RGRC and also comparison to Gen Bracelet Roségold Links.

cc1bc6d41c45b50b91b803f33843b8c4.jpg

Absolutely brilliant! :thumbsup:
You need to have a group shot of all three RCs when available!