• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
FYI there has been a gen Survivor dial on C24 for weeks now. BTW, I have made 3 Frankens lately that I did not post on this thread.
Where? must have sold - I searched audemars dial and couldn't find a survivor dial. Do you happen to know what ballpark price was? Need a new Project....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I have the base rep. Going to go hunt some hands. if anyone has a lead on gen hands or knows if rep survivor hands can be modded please let me know
Rep hands can be modified

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
MrBeasy - I used to have a pair of gen hands but those got sold a member here last year. Drop me a pm and I’ll point you in his direction.

Be warned though, that dial is rather overpriced, sadly :(

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
MrBeasy - I used to have a pair of gen hands but those got sold a member here last year. Drop me a pm and I’ll point you in his direction.

sent you a PM about a set of gen ROOC hands btw :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
MrBeasy

[h=2]Stevanella Otologi[/h] seem determined to add another 100% to their purchase price for all of the components they are selling on C24. Most of their sales items were available to me at half their price last summer. Forget about negotiation: along with many other C24 sellers, the "price is firm."

Reactions: theREALgoat

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
[h=2]Stevanella Otologi[/h] seem determined to add another 100% to their purchase price for all of the components they are selling on C24. Most of their sales items were available to me at half their price last summer. Forget about negotiation: along with many other C24 sellers, the "price is firm."

That isn’t entirely true bro. I’ve bought stuff from them in the past and was able to talk to him about prices and get him down. I know one of the owners though so maybe that’s the reason why but not 100% on this.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
QueTip, you know this: The seller has a lot of room to move down on price while still making a profit. (I deleted a longer response with more detail about the provenance and price history of those dials from Stevanella. sorry...)

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
QueTip, you know this: The seller has a lot of room to move down on price while still making a profit. (I deleted a longer response with more detail about the provenance and price history of those dials from Stevanella. sorry...)

Of course, I know this and about the Stevanella dials too.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Of course, I know this and about the Stevanella dials too.

OK, so, based on your past experience, exactly what percentage discount do you think Stevanella would give somebody who does not have previous experience with him?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
OK, so, based on your past experience, exactly what percentage discount do you think Stevanella would give somebody who does not have previous experience with him?

That I can not say for sure. Maybe something, maybe nothing at all. I have personal history with one of them as I said.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Anyone done WG plating on Rep hands and hour surrounds?

One of the biggest rep vs gen difference, that is of any consequence to my eyes, is how gen WG hands/markers “sparkle” like lightening. Rep is kinda meh in comparison.

So, wondering if WG plating Rep would help?

Perhaps it’ll make things worse but flattening sharp edges with a micro layer of WG, hence impacting light reflecting properties in an adverse way?

Reactions: MrBeasy

MrBeasy

8/2/16
I like the idea and agree about the difference gen hands make but imagine it would be damn complicated with the lume!

I still haven't found someone that is willing to even polish some minor scratches out of some gold rolex hands I have because of how fragile they are.

MrBeasy

8/2/16
This arrived - will do a proper build right up later but wanted to share here first.

44mm franken Panda.

Gen dial, gen hands, gen 3126 AP movement (50 hour power reserve!), gen cyclops and gen datewheel.

Loving it!
0f1605e56b8a53d18c8581976ad59cdd.jpg

MrBeasy

8/2/16
^ "write up" not "right up".

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
This arrived - will do a proper build right up later but wanted to share here first.

44mm franken Panda.

Gen dial, gen hands, gen 3126 AP movement (50 hour power reserve!), gen cyclops and gen datewheel.

Loving it!
0f1605e56b8a53d18c8581976ad59cdd.jpg

Amazing. how much is the total build?