• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
the guy withdrawn the sale because of his thread getting flamed for some reason

Dam that sucks. $1200 for that dial isn't bad. I think a Locolouie and gen dial and call it a day for a great rep. Once you step up to Gen movement , price goes through the roof!

Shadow_

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
11/6/09
Dam that sucks. $1200 for that dial isn't bad. I think a Locolouie and gen dial and call it a day for a great rep. Once you step up to Gen movement , price goes through the roof!
thats my plan, since i have a flawed 15400 V2J from loco, i need to source a gen dial, a mikey dw then send the watch to anyone that can sunk screws and put all of this together...
but those dials seem pretty uncommon

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
would you know any source to get gen dials? i dont see anything on the bay...
btw AP allows their customers to swap their 15400 dials for 1200$ so apparently a gen owner should be able to provide dials

ebay, chrono24 and m2m. i did get pm from a well known member on RG few months back. silver 15400 dial for $850 didn't last long.

There are a couple on here for $1200, grab one of those.

agree those $1200 dials may look cheap in a few months. seems like everyone wants a 15400 franken now

Shadow_

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
11/6/09
well if i am not gonna find a dial, i will eventually sell my gen 14800 and get a gen 15400 :adoration: so i can anyways whrist my V2J (which would be the base for the franken) the days i won't be confortable wearing the gen

bp28

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/7/12
What should the seller do? Lol. Come on :lmao:

I get the whole zero liability policy most follow. Letting someone (esp a noob like me) know the hands will fall off a $5500 franken if you use the chrono seems like information the buyer should have prior, but hey then you might not sell the watch.

An expensive lesson. Anyone know where I can get a gen center chrono hand? [emoji1]

Sent from the RWI App

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
An expensive lesson.
Would've been easy to find out by doing some reading on the forum. It's been discussed before.

It's not about not being able to sell it since this is a know fact to the broad masses. Also it's like a gamble. Only a few of Mikeys hands act like this. By far not all of them. Do you want any potential scenarios to be listed on a sale? Post a WTB for the hands. You might be lucky.

- This watch might cost you your life if you get robbed by a thug at night -
- This watch will make your life miserable because your wife thinks you're spending too much on watches -

You can't be serious?

bp28

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/7/12
Would've been easy to find out by doing some reading on the forum. It's been discussed before.

It's not about not being able to sell it since this is a know fact to the broad masses. Also it's like a gamble. Only a few of Mikeys hands act like this. By far not all of them. Do you want any potential scenarios to be listed on a sale? Post a WTB for the hands. You might be lucky.

- This watch might cost you your life if you get robbed by a thug at night -
- This watch will make your life miserable because your wife thinks you're spending too much on watches -

You can't be serious?

Right, those examples are even remotely close to letting someone know it has one of the few finicky Mikey hands. One could even assume if this was such a common issue that since there was no mention of it that it didn’t have a finicky one.

Known fact to the broad masses, yea maybe the broad masses of AP franken enthusiasts. When I contacted Curt freaking out he didn’t even mention it (but why would he right, everyone knew about it).

Sent from the RWI App

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Known fact to the broad masses, yea maybe the broad masses of AP franken enthusiasts. When I contacted Curt freaking out he didn’t even mention it (but why would he right, everyone knew about it).
You're proving yourself to be an absolute idiot. How on earth should Curt know, that that particular hand is one of the finicky ones?? I used to own this watch as well and I never had an issue. That's probably the reason because we didn't fuck around with the chronos like mad mans as the LWO is a chrono movement but an unstable one. Smh. Please shut the f up if you're too stupid to use a search function and read shit about something you're gonna spend that kind of dough on. No problem if you wouldn't complain now but since you are, fucking hell.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
@bp28, @QueTip - let’s please keep a friendly tone here.

QueTip is right to point out that nobody can really have an idea about those chrono hands and how will they turn out. I too had a problem with that, and had to service my franken and change the hands. It’s not a coincidence that these frankens cost 1/5 of a proper AP. They do have their weak sides and one needs to learn to live with them or, if not, one is better off buying from an AP AD.

On a more personal note, bp28 - you can contact me via PM and let me know what issues you’re experiencing with the chrono hands. To keep the peace I will send you a set of gen chrono hands for free if you cover the postage and the modding / service costs and, hopefully, become a supporter of the forum.

Cheers

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
@bp28, @QueTip - let’s please keep a friendly tone here.

QueTip is right to point out that nobody can really have an idea about those chrono hands and how will they turn out. I too had a problem with that, and had to service my franken and change the hands. It’s not a coincidence that these frankens cost 1/5 of a proper AP. They do have their weak sides and one needs to learn to live with them or, if not, one is better off buying from an AP AD.

On a more personal note, bp28 - you can contact me via PM and let me know what issues you’re experiencing with the chrono hands. To keep the peace I will send you a set of gen chrono hands for free if you cover the postage and the modding / service costs and, hopefully, become a supporter of the forum.

Cheers
How are you not VIP yet my friend?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
you can contact me via PM and let me know what issues you’re experiencing with the chrono hands.
His center chrono hand fell off because he abused the chrono function of his lwo. And now is blaming Curt for not mentioning it. :applause:

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
How are you not VIP yet my friend?
Sir, all that matters to me is to be VIP in my daughter’s eyes :) but you are all too kind as always... I have not forgotten, I need to reply to your bronze thread messages. Sorry for the delay

bp28

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/7/12
You're proving yourself to be an absolute idiot. How on earth should Curt know, that that particular hand is one of the finicky ones?? I used to own this watch as well and I never had an issue. That's probably the reason because we didn't fuck around with the chronos like mad mans as the LWO is a chrono movement but an unstable one. Smh. Please shut the f up if you're too stupid to use a search function and read shit about something you're gonna spend that kind of dough on. No problem if you wouldn't complain now but since you are, fucking hell.

I would assume you/Curt would know since you owned the watch?

I was unaware using the chrono feature 5-6 times was such a ridiculous idea.

When you’re sitting around the boys club complaining about how your stuff won’t sell/sells at a loss, remember that you ostracize/berate anyone that isn’t a literal expert from dealing with you.

Sent from the RWI App

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
When you’re sitting around the boys club complaining about how your stuff won’t sell/sells at a loss, remember that you ostracize/berate anyone that isn’t a literal expert from dealing with you.

LOL, congrats. You're the total fucking idiot of the month. Nobodys gonna fuck you on that anymore. :lmao:

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
@bp28 can you load a picture to show the problem? faulty chrono hand happens to gen. just lucked out playing with the chrono.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
I have a gen chrono second hand that I bought from @tosoboso , it's red unfortunately and has a rose-gold center (where it mounts). I'll give it to someone who really needs it, maybe it could be stripped of the paint, white gold plated, the tip painted red, and mounted back on the grey themes?

I run the chronos on my frankens up to 3-4 seconds max, and then reset. Every time i hold my breath because god bless Mikey, but the center chrono hand is just not his strong suit.

I've personally never had an issue with gen chrono hands, it's only been the Mikey ones unfortunately, and I personally thought it was a pretty well known flaw, so I apologize for any heartache it has caused.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
@bp28
You really shouldn't complain saying "Noobs like you" should be warned of problems with Frankens. First, if you are a noob and do not do the proper research before buying, you can't complain. You simply should have done more research. It is not like someone was selling something, you had a question for the seller and then the seller said he didn't know the answer to your question, but indeed did know but didn't tell you. EG., seller selling something, you asked if it would fit something and seller knew it didn't fit, but told you they were unsure just so you would buy it.
This simply comes down to- Do the research. On top of it, some outstanding members on here have offered to help you. They didn't have to offer to help you- but they did. I would be grateful for that. But bottom line- Do the Research, so cry I didn't know- YOU SHOULD HAVE known or you shouldn't have bought the watch!

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
I'll chime in on this one.

@bp28 as far as I know policy states that seller needs to help with aftersales and it does seem that curt has offered to help where possible... now regarding Mikey hands it's a given that they are slightly problematic, but it's part/parcel of the whole Ap franken building experience... I don't know how many times in the past I just wanted to hurl the franken collection out the window due to Lwo instabilities and such but eventually kept to it and simply fixed/improved them.

Bottom line it happens, I've almost never used the chrono function for any 7750/Lwo movement for reasons like this.

It's all a learning experience, but stick to it and you'll see good things come out at the end.

P.s. Nice goodwill gesture there @tosoboso :)

bp28

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/7/12
@bp28
You really shouldn't complain saying "Noobs like you" should be warned of problems with Frankens. First, if you are a noob and do not do the proper research before buying, you can't complain. You simply should have done more research. It is not like someone was selling something, you had a question for the seller and then the seller said he didn't know the answer to your question, but indeed did know but didn't tell you. EG., seller selling something, you asked if it would fit something and seller knew it didn't fit, but told you they were unsure just so you would buy it.
This simply comes down to- Do the research. On top of it, some outstanding members on here have offered to help you. They didn't have to offer to help you- but they did. I would be grateful for that. But bottom line- Do the Research, so cry I didn't know- YOU SHOULD HAVE known or you shouldn't have bought the watch!

FWIW, I haven’t complained to, or asked of anything from Curt. I knew from the get go that whatever happened, it was my responsibility once I sent the money. My post here were focused on getting it fixed, and I guess a little too much of my annoyance was in the tone.

That being said:

I asked if there was anything I should know/he clearly knew I was pretty ignorant.

We talked when I first got the watch about running the chrono (which clearly showed my ignorance LOL)

When the hand actually fell off.

Any of those times would have been a good time to mention “Hey, the Mikey hand is known to move/displace sometimes, don’t use the chrono!!” I had assumed it had been knocked loose during shipping until I read the post here.

You’re right though, he doesn’t have to. He has zero responsibility other than sending me the watch, which he did just fine. No one here has any responsibility to educate anyone else about anything. The way we chose to interact with others effects ourselves and this community though.

Maybe when the next guy with a bag full of money comes through you’ll tell him how big of an idiot he is too, but I hope you don’t.

Sent from the RWI App

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
@bp28 as far as I know policy states that seller needs to help with aftersales and it does seem that curt has offered to help where possible...
Curt has sent him various places that could fix it for him. That's exactly what I would've done too. No way, I would take anything back because he screwed up.

It's comparable to buying a watch on m2m, receiving it and then smashing it on the ground and crying on VARIOUS threads and blaming the seller for not telling me that it'll break when I throw it on the ground.