• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig, Voodoojar

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
As far as I’m aware Noob V4 daytonas are priced $688.
I also assume all the parts from the arf were included in the sale as well as every other part took off the original noob watch? Because if they’re not, you just sold your customer an arf dial for $500 (again, arf daytonas are 480 and peanuts)

And woah man, 250$ to trim a mere mm on a brass dial sounds quite a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yogibear

Voodoojar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/9/15
As far as I’m aware Noob V4 daytonas are priced $688.
I also assume all the parts from the arf were included in the sale as well as every other part took off the original noob watch? Because if they’re not, you just sold your customer an arf dial for $500 (again, arf daytonas are 480 and peanuts)

And woah man, 250$ to trim a mere mm on a brass dial sounds quite a lot.

This was after noob was out of business I had to buy the watch from a private party to do this project. That is exactly what it cost me. Did not add one cent.

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
While Im getting shit slung in my direction during the price of the noob. I bought a gold noob from two head during this project and I paid him $1000 for it.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
While Im getting shit slung in my direction during the price of the noob. I bought a gold noob from two head during this project and I paid him $1000 for it.

link to that sale ?

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
He asked me on Whats app if I wanted it

twoheadedemperion

Known Member
28/3/21

I posted the cost of the build here not to “sling shit” at you. Just wanted to give an honest review, and to see if the costs of the build are justified. The cost of the Noob Daytona for $1000 is acceptable in my eyes but I also understand it won’t be okay on forums. To me at least, it was practically a trade for the Gold one ultimately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twoheadedemperion

Known Member
28/3/21
I read the posts now, and it seems the main issue is you selling a $28,500 replica on eBay which is absurd to me, but none of my business.

Reactions: Obelard

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
I wanted to show my watches off and eBay is a fairly decent place to do it. No one was getting defrauded or scammed. I absolutely have the parts on hand to assemble the eBay watch with genuine movement if someone for some reason wanted it. Find one person anywhere to say I've cheated them or scammed and I'll stfu. If flipping started videotaping most every watch service I do be because I know how people are on the internet. Frankly rep or gen. anyone that's charging like less than me to service a 4130 is either doing it wrong or underpaid.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Frankly rep or gen. anyone that's charging like less than me to service a 4130 is either doing it wrong or underpaid.

I mean I agree with this.
But everything else? Come on mate. Be smarter, don’t post a build up on RWI while you have it for sale on the bay.
You DO know this will bring unwanted attention here.

A fast picture cross research would show both the ebay listing and RWI post.

Last edited:

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
I mean I agree with this.
But everything else? Come on mate. Be smarter, don’t post a build up on RWI while you have it for sale on the bay.
You DO know this will bring unwanted attention here.

A fast picture cross research would show both the ebay listing and RWI post.

youre right, did not think of it like that. Its been removed.

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Reactions: twoheadedemperion

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
c3f6a829ce6c66e8f3203d6c4b9abbc7.jpg

So the above is what Voodoojar sent me for a Panda Build after inquiry. I am not sure what is happening in this thread but by recommendation from the moderator I am posting it here.

After I pointed it out that there was a $400 charge for the Noob movement 4130, he removed this charge. Here was the updated spreadsheet:

3f2f1305a43bdd2727bb04ab3136bc20.jpg

I believe he even gave me a $200 discount after he corrected the movement charge. So the build came out to $3555.

I don’t really know how much any of the work should cost.

Why in the world would you accept to pay a guy 1.100 usd to build a watch that's worth 700 bucks??? The guy factored 400 for service and 700 for work (including 100, I mean 100 usd for "SEL reshaping" and 80 usd for "refinish pushers pushers" - I had to read it three times, that's such a meaningful job). Fuck 700 dollars to build a watch, am I the only one thinking that's crazy? And where did all the leftover parts go?
If you ever decide to sell that watch in the future I am afraid you'd have to accept a certain loss...

Edit:
Sorry, english not my first language. I don't mean to be disrepectful to you, you are obviously entitled to spend the money the way you want. I just had to vent out because these prices seem outrageous to me.

Last edited:

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Hes a mod on reptime ?

Nah. He's a mod (and founder) of ReptimeBST2 and TheReservedBST. Both subreddits with no limits on sales values and profiteering explicitly allowed (and the actual reason for their creation). If I remember it correctly he was one of the most vocal guys when ReptimeBST stopped the temporarily allowed profiteering after the recent raids and therefore those subreddits where created. Like I said Imho thats his good right at least in his own subreddit (although that it is one of the reasons good 'ol Jayalvin777 has such a massiv hard on on him lol - he reaaally doesn't like profiteering :D)

tl;dr: he want's profiteering. there's no pity from my side when someone quotes him those prices considering he's the one that actually has created the market for such things in the first place.

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
i dont know why everyone calls it a 700 watch when you cannot buy one for under 1000 When you look at the invoice, He got both watches, a clean factory and 200 off that total price. Is charging 600 to fully service a 4130, reshape a case, bracelet and all the rest put both of the watch back together and regulate and pressure test both that outrageous? Should it was like 25 hours of work. What.

Reactions: 5t3f4n