• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig, Voodoojar

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
i dont know why everyone calls it a 700 watch when you cannot buy one for under 1000 When you look at the invoice, He got both watches, a clean factory and 200 off that total price. Is charging 600 to fully service a 4130, reshape a case, bracelet and all the rest put both of the watch back together and regulate and pressure test both that outrageous? Should it was like 25 hours of work. What.

Actually he paid:

Service 400
Pushers refinish 80
Case reshaping 250
Dial trimming 250 (lol)
Sel reshape (?!?!?!) 100
Bezel refinish (?!?!?!) 50

If my maths are correct we almost doubled the 600 you’re talking about.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

AASoliman

Known Member
1/6/20
California
i dont know why everyone calls it a 700 watch when you cannot buy one for under 1000 When you look at the invoice, He got both watches, a clean factory and 200 off that total price. Is charging 600 to fully service a 4130, reshape a case, bracelet and all the rest put both of the watch back together and regulate and pressure test both that outrageous? Should it was like 25 hours of work. What.

I mean I was able to get one off of the sales section for $650 two weeks ago, and I’ve seen multiple others sell “under 1000” it’s just a matter if you are lucky enough to get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

architekt

27/1/19
Austria

Voodoojar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/9/15
Actually he paid:

Service 400
Pushers refinish 80
Case reshaping 250
Dial trimming 250 (lol)
Sel reshape (?!?!?!) 100
Bezel refinish (?!?!?!) 50

If my maths are correct we almost doubled the 600 you’re talking about.

thats because the invoice is not accurate. Combine the last two. He bought a clean factory bezel, thats not service. I also subtracted $200 from the total.l and this is two watches the noob and the arf.

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
Beside Im not forcing anything to do anything he ask me to do it and thats what I charge. He not some noob that im fleecing for prices he know exactly what things cost.

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/10051304-eu-noob-v4-116500-black-dial - Just recently sold mine for regular price.
Also "sold" (trade for parts for another project) one where one of the pushers was missing, therefore with discount, off site privately.

That's literally the whole spirit of the "no profiteering" rule on here...

This 1000 doesnt matter anyway we basically exchanged daytona. He bought one from me for 1000 and then a week later I bought one from him.

i really enjoy building Daytona and since noob close Ive had a real problem getting them. Im not even flipping them for a profit he asked me to build him a watch at the time the cheapest I could find a noob was 1000 and he was willing. I made money on services but parts no I didnt make a cent.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy

You've been misleading all the way through here. You dont charge 600 for all the work including service. You charge 1100 for that.
Besides did you build a second watch from spares for your buyer or did you keep the parts? It changes a lot.
The day your buyer decides.to sell that watch he will sell it for noob price + work so the cost of one watch will be an immediate loss and then he will have to convince a prospective buyer that 80 usd for pushers refinishing is a fair price. Well considering all work costed 700 that's proportionate but good luck passing that to a buyer with some common sense..
Initially I thought 3500-4000 was the price point for one of the builds you showed with a noob movement, that would have been fair enough. But a noob/ARF for that price is another story.
Btw, if you need 25 hours of work for a dial swap, "pusher refinishing" and other minor work you need some exercise. OR the truth is you dont really do the work yourself, you have someone do it for you and then you add your slice on top.

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
It was just an example. like stated before I don't think it's a problem asking that price for a daytona considering the circumstances and who the buyer is (if it was done off rwi)

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Beside Im not forcing anything to do anything he ask me to do it and thats what I charge. He not some noob that im fleecing for prices he know exactly what things cost.

This means if a noob contacts you for a build you'll cut your prices for him?

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
This means if a noob contacts you for a build you'll cut your prices for him?

That means I get to say what my time worth. I delivered two watches to him. and beside that, the invoice posted isn't even accurate. When the project was all said and done I made around 600 and change for the effort.

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
Kio, I really dont understand what you all so angry about my prices. I know you know how long reshaping case and making pushers on a lathe takes I don't think the prices are crazy at all. It sucks I have to buy a noob for 1000 and pass that along. Also Remove add dial feet to the correct position and taking Noob SEL and putting them on a ARF bracelet is hard and it's risky and it cost money.

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
I'm so angry with you because your watches were so nice and you're throwing it all in the garbage with your attitude. Wtf.

No, I sick of people accusing me of things I don't do. The guy posts a price list that isn't even right and suddenly I'm the worst.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Nah. He's a mod (and founder) of ReptimeBST2 and TheReservedBST. Both subreddits with no limits on sales values and profiteering explicitly allowed (and the actual reason for their creation). If I remember it correctly he was one of the most vocal guys when ReptimeBST stopped the temporarily allowed profiteering after the recent raids and therefore those subreddits where created. Like I said Imho thats his good right at least in his own subreddit (although that it is one of the reasons good 'ol Jayalvin777 has such a massiv hard on on him lol - he reaaally doesn't like profiteering :D)

tl;dr: he want's profiteering. there's no pity from my side when someone quotes him those prices considering he's the one that actually has created the market for such things in the first place.

I have no pity for twoheaded, you reap what you sow. As i said on several occasions I'm really grateful for everything rwi has built for this scene. I'm always a believer that the good things should be implemented in other places, that's why i tried to promote the no profit rule from rwi on reddit. Twoheaded was one of those guys opposing intensely to that rule, therefore he created those aforementioned pro profit subreddits. He called me a communist for calling out his subliminal promotion of those subreddits on reptime. After i shared his comment talking bad about rwi on the sales thread linked to (ozguro29) he wrote me a message on reddit saying that im a shady pussy like his ex lol. I have absolutely zero sympathy for him. I'm pretty sure he was tryinfg to sell his "5k sub built" to cover the cost of this Daytona project.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No, I sick of people accusing me of things I don't do. The guy posts a price list that isn't even right and suddenly I'm the worst.
LOL, it's your price list, the lower one is what you charged him. Did he get all the extra parts back or did you really charge him $740 for a dial?

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
LOL, it's your price list, the lower one is what you charged him. Did he get all the extra parts back or did you really charge him $740 for a dial?

No I built him two watches. That price list is cor two watches

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15

Trailboss please look at the lower invoice then add I gave him a new clean factory bezel and reduce the price by two hundred and deilvered two watches.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Trailboss please look at the lower invoice then add I gave him a new clean factory bezel and reduce the price by two hundred and deilvered two watches.

link to the sale ?