• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig - Papa Legba

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Naaaah. Should not be this way. The fella asked legit question, although rubbed against the grain.

Yaaaaaaah. He is not in the brig for the question he asked, he's in the Brig for being rude to one of the forums' owners.

When people asked him what SCG rep meant, he suggested using Google, which I did. The first 2 results were Facebook pages, the 3rd result was from a well known scam site. His knowledge of rep watches is based on info he gleaned from Facebook pages and scam sites.

As for the 'question' he asked, he's working on the laughable assumption that as these are 100% gen spec 1:1 clones it wouldn't make sense to purchase a Tudor rep if it's the same price as a Rolex rep - if they are 1:1 copies then the Rolex rep is obviously a far superior watch to the Tudor rep, so why purchase it ?

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Reread the thread. Look at how he posed the question, how he used the capitals, the expressions he used. He started complaining about sarcasm in his first response, while the first hint of sarcasm came from his very first post. He then tried repeatedly to divert counter-questions saying that he was being misinterpreted, but that´s not true, in most cases he was being taken for exactly what he wrote, but he tried to divert the attention, making claims of misinterpretation and bullying. He was very slick at manipulating and steering the conversation elsewhere, e.g. to the Youtube video, which was the cherry on top. He´s just the kind of guy who thinks to know it better, while even noobs here recognize that´s BS in comparison to the level of some members here. Not to mention the elementary concept of attendibility of a youtuber who makes his money by promoting the sale of gen watches. If you follow a bit the youtube watch community you´ll see how the "rep" topic is treated regularly and always in the same way, as if these guys sold their scripts to one another.
I´m getting carried away, just can´t stand hubris. One´s for sure, I don´t want to have nothing to do with someone who buys/collects watches solely for the "prestige" they exude. That´s not a hobby or a passion, that´s sheer exhibitionism, of the arrogant sort.

Papa Legba

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/7/22
Trailbass99 wrote
"You need to buy Rolex not Tudor because Rolex has more prestige" is the statement of a stuck-up, self-important, pretentious wanna-be
It's also a statement I didn't make. It's a mis-guided and inaccurate inference by you and others.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Trailbass99 wrote
"You need to buy Rolex not Tudor because Rolex has more prestige" is the statement of a stuck-up, self-important, pretentious wanna-be
It's also a statement I didn't make. It's a mis-guided and inaccurate inference by you and others.

LOL. Okay, I’ve changed my mind - you obviously do deserve to be here.

In case you hadn’t realised, this is a privately owned forum, and you’re arguing with the owner. It doesn’t matter whether you think you’re justified in arguing your position - it’s just plain rude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Trailbass99 wrote

You’re such a dick - yes you did:

Furthermore, they do not simply cost more they (let's be honest) have more prestige, when did you last see a TUDOR clock at Wimbledon?

What’s the matter with you?

I guess you're going to say you never said that now right?

and who is Trailbass?

Last edited:

alfonzo

25/7/19
Man it’s good to be back! I forgot about the brig! Like they say - can’t fix stupid…

Reactions: SuperLory

GothamTG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/22
I was 100% onboard with optimistically seeeing him out here talking about these super clones but alas, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I remember a Frenchman who was in the brig some years ago, due to bad attitude. But he was released after he mellowed down and showed his talent in photography, right here in the brig.

This is a private forum, and a tightly run one. Underline tightly. Owner(s) can make the rules (within reason), so thats reasonable.

Papa Bear, you havent scammed anybody, and all your responses are measured and reasonably polite. I would say there wont be further escalation from the admin side. You could just walk away, never respond anymore. Or if you like the forum, you could work your way back in, with (as much as you see fit) dignity, and that depends on further discourse.

Changing topic, I thought the owner was TB. Talk of "owners" ?

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Last edited:

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
I remember a Frenchman who was in the brig some years ago, due to bad attitude. But he was released after he mellowed down and showed his talent in photography, right here in the brig.

This is a private forum, and a tightly run one. Underline tightly. Owner(s) can make the rules (within reason), so thats reasonable.

Papa Bear, you havent scammed anybody, and all your responses are measured and reasonably polite. I would say there wont be further escalation from the admin side. You could just walk away, never respond anymore. Or if you like the forum, you could work your way back in, with (as much as you see fit) dignity, and that depends on further discourse.

Here you go:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-brig/301364-welcome-to-the-brig-skyranger