• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig - Papa Legba

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ya know, when the guy who runs the place tells you to stop being rude to people it's an idea to do so. You can stay in here until you learn that.
Also, your entire attitude stinks, "You need to buy Rolex not Tudor because Rolex has more prestige" is the statement of a stuck-up, self-important, pretentious wanna-be.
To be honest I'm not sure if you are 14 years old or a troll. It has to be one or the other.

For those who came in late: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-general-discussion/10886013-rep-tudor-why

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Naaaah. Should not be this way. The fella asked legit question, although rubbed against the grain.

Initial question was unclear - but later clarified. I will paraphrase, "assuming 100% 1:1 reps, a rep being indistinguishable from a gen, costing $500 per rep irrespective of brand, why will a buyer buy a tudor rep as opposed to a rolex rep?"

I will not buy a tudor rep. Maybe only one exception, the bronzo. I have purchased multiple rolex reps, although in my opinion, "rolex is fake" irrespective of $500 rep, $5k franken, $50k gen. As I see, every rolex is a fake.

I will purchase $500 reps of omega, AP, PP, ofcourse Rolex. I accept fakeness. But I will not purchase a RM. Only caveat, if a RM is like 99% indistinguishable from gen, for $500, I will purchase, just to see.

TB, this fella doesnt deserve to be in the brig.

Feefo

Using vans and stuff like a beached starfish
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
His whole attitude was one of arrogance the whole time. First question was not just unclear, but pretentious and opinionated. Then, a most impressive chain of self-righteousness of a person who's only purpose is to just show off, no intention to contribute or learn, demonstrated by the YouTube example.
The discussion on watches in itself could have had some merit, but leading it by reproaching other members in that tone was a no no, in my view, the more so as a newcomer. You know, he could have made a step back and continue a relaxed discussion, like :"sorry guys, I may have put this the wrong way and come across as a cockwomble, but what I really wanted to express was...". Never thought a second to do that, instead, he's the Bible, everything he says is law, all the rest of the world knows nothing and no alternative views are accepted. Not once did he try to change perspective, step back, think first then act.
​​​The brig gives him that opportunity.

Reactions: JimmyD750

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Well that escalated quickly.

I am surprised to see this guy here for sounding like a bit of a twat. About 50% of the members responding in his thread didn't seem to understand what he was getting at when he asked his initial question, so the level of misunderstanding and misconstruing in that thread was high. It seemed to me like he was being accused of making assertions that he really wasn't.

Plus he introduced us all to Super Clone Grade replicas...

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Bottom line is respect. If we let members treat other members, staff and even the owner of the forum in such a rude manner, even after a warning, then we become a different forum and not RWI. This stuff goes on other fora where they just delete the offending posts or staff do not address it and it turns into the Wild West and people come on for entertainment not to discuss watches. I have seen on some fora that you get likes/upvotes etc for arguing with staff. That is not how it works on RWI.

RWI is about information on Rep watches and indeed gen watches. It is not a free for all to abuse each other. If people are out of order they will be dealt with.

Side note: Sales men in those videos, I watch loads of them, are constantly telling us fakes are so good. They have been doing that for years. It is just marketing. The subtext is that you need to buy from them in order to avoid being scammed. It is scare mongering. Yes they are experts on Genuine watches but believe me they probably come here to learn the tells. The rep community tends to be far more informed in general than the gen community. Most people on here have learned that all reps are flawed in some way. A lot of people on here can tell you exact flaws of different models. The 1:1, AAA, "SCG" terms are all marketing bullshit. Reps have come a long way in the last 15 years but they are still not gens and do not provide the same experience. They have come a long way because the quality of parts suppliers have increased not because a new version of the same watch has come out to improve on the last one.

To avoid being scammed when buying privately you can do all the research you need on fora like this. That is actually why I came to RWI. It was the sense of community and respect that kept me here. (oh an an addiction to shiny things).

Papa Legba I can only recommend that you learn your lesson in here and then you will be able to return to the forum and enjoy it for what it is. Honestly there is a wealth of information out there if you are willing to learn it. You have demonstrated adequately that you are willing to partake in discussion, you may just need a slight adjustment to how you interact on here in order to learn from the community. I can only hope that in the future you become a fine contributing member to the forum.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Just a technical question. How can he achieve this when he is brigged? ;-)

100% ACK to the rest of your post.

I suspect it would start with an apology.

People make mistakes, he just made the mistake of kicking off against the Bossman, so kinda inevitable he ended up here tbh.

He thought he knew more than everyone else, when in fact he didn't even know what QC was.

Reactions: Fergulator72

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I suspect it would start with an apology.

People make mistakes, he just made the mistake of kicking off against the Bossman, so kinda inevitable he ended up here tbh.

He thought he knew more than everyone else, when in fact he didn't even know what QC was.

Ah. So it is possible to get 'unbridgged'. I didnt knew that ;-)

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Ah. So it is possible to get 'unbridgged'. I didnt knew that ;-)

I could be completely wrong, don't hold me to it, but I thought I read before that it could be temporary, depending on the offence and there was that dude EnglishGent that spiraled out big time & is no longer an inmate :eek:hwell:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Just a technical question. How can he achieve this when he is brigged? ;-)

100% ACK to the rest of your post.

Of late the Brig has been the preserve for scammers. However this is not the Brigs only purpose. It is also for rehabilitation. Many members have seen the error of their ways in this section and a lot are still contributing members of RWI.

Feefo

Using vans and stuff like a beached starfish
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Yes. Also I believe he can post in here.(I maybe wrong, though)

Yes, can't wait for the excuses and self-righteous explanations/denials. Doubt he's capable of a sincere explanation or apology

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
He's been active recently and no doubt has read his Brig thread.

Doubtful he will have much to say, however, as stated, starting with an apology would go a long way.

Personally I'd like to hear from him and see him back out in the community - clearly he's has a lot to learn - and I mean that way in no derogatory way whatsoever. I am still a noob with lots to learn, pretty much all of us are!

Reactions: P..DR..D