• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig, martinlee.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Never had dealings with the fellow, and no intention to.
But just reading through the last posts, it seems that both mods and established RWI service providers have a very low opinion of the fellow.
By curiosity and nothing more, is there a reason why he is still allowed an account on RWI?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeta7

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Never has dealings with the fellow, and no intention to.
But just reading through the last posts, it seems that both mods and established RWI service providers have a very low opinion of the fellow.
By curiosity and nothing more, is there a reason why he is still allowed an account on RWI?
Being undesirable isn't a bannable offense

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Never has dealings with the fellow, and no intention to.
Like you I’ve had the good fortune not to have any experience with him personally. I suspect he’s still allowed here because of a combination of reasons. He reimburses the members before the moderator's get involved here. People are unaware they were hosed long enough for him to slither out of being held accountable. Additionally he probably doesn’t pull as much shit on RWI members. It’s a small world and he probably protects his RWI membership so he can point to it and say I’m trusted on rwi so he can burn people on the other sites. The people on other sites often have some misconceptions about members here. Just my guess.

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
Being undesirable isn't a bannable offense
I vote for no ban. His levels of dillusion are hilarious to me.

I'm a simple modder as a hobby and I would never liken myself to a watchmaker (I actually respect that term,) and yet, I know for a fact that my setup is more organized than his (I've never serviced a movement from the bathroom lol)

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I vote for no ban. His levels of dillusion are hilarious to me.

I'm a simple modder as a hobby and I would never liken myself to a watchmaker (I actually respect that term,) and yet, I know for a fact that my setup is more organized than his (I've never serviced a movement from the bathroom lol)

Spot on

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Imma take a shot in the dark that you've had less complaints about your plating in 10 years than him
I’ve always said, people complain and you can’t be liked by everyone. Shit happens, mistakes happens. But damn if shit and mistakes happens and you keep saying it’s the customer’s fault and you’re the very best number one bla bla bla.. If anyone says I’m good at anything let it be someone else, not me.
A bit of fucking humbleness….

drleospaceman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
29/12/23
USA
And I also bought a few watches from Aseem. He was actually really good to deal with.

But I got a watch that was supposedly serviced and arrived in really bad shape. This was not from shipping, either. Had scratches on the case and movement was dead.

Took it to a local watchmaker. $200 later, it’s great. To be fair, Aseem offered to make it right and handle the repair. I didn’t want to ship it so he refunded my mini service $ immediately, but I don’t know if I’ll buy from him again.

I question what was actually done on the other watches I bought. I don’t fault Aseem, but call me skeptical of Flandad. Feel like I may have overpaid by at least $500 for services that I have no proof were done.

Flan, if you’re reading this, I’m not running around badmouthing you, but it would help if you would show some evidence of service with each transaction. Or show your plating setup and process in detail.

You could dispel a lot of things if you’d do this. Just my 2¢ man, it’s worth nothing more than that

Reactions: Flandadcash

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
Flan, if you’re reading this, I’m not running around badmouthing you, but it would help if you would show some evidence of service with each transaction. Or show your plating setup and process in detail.
He did this before, used to put videos up on his "techniques" and got (rightfully) flammed for such things like putting greese on the rotor bearings to silence it.

Same for the plating, showcasing dirty jars, power Supply, all from his bathroom sink top.

For his other services, I can't speak for sure because I'm far from an expert, however other watch makers on here don't seem too thrilled by him.

Last edited:

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Why ban somebody who can serve as such a great example of what not to do or how to act? This dude is a teachable moment in action. I would suggest changing his forum if to scamdad. This guy is the gift that keeps on giving… us things to take the piss out of and laugh at. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

CF_Stan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
(I've never serviced a movement from the bathroom lol)
Reading this made me think of this
Kshu7p.gif

Multitaskings not for everyone 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
IsMartin Lee Flandad or has the focus switched somehow.

Should FD get his own cell if he isn't Martin Lee?

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
Nah if you read this thread and others you'll see that he hasn't actually scammed someone, he is just incompetent and presents himself as top notch.

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
I mean yeah but I was just referring to something that I read, that he refunds those who are unsatisfied with his "work" or something along those lines.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Nah if you read this thread and others you'll see that he hasn't actually scammed someone, he is just incompetent and presents himself as top notch.
Hell we’re all guilty of a little bit of that. My wife says I’m totally incompetent but I tell her and her friends that I’m a real Casanova. As long as you don’t take anyone’s money you’re good. The problems arise when you take someone’s money and won’t give it back to them.