• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig bthntnkn

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Since the majority is quite confident, the system seems to have worked reliably so far. I am just wondering that most scammers landing in the brig are so dumb and e.g. have made previous orders here with real adress and name. Most likely smart scammers would not come to a forum and spend countless hours just to get a few hundred dollars.

There are "scammers" and "scammers". You will find some professional scammers here like Lewis Collins and dumb hobby scammers. Yes, the "system" here works thanks to the Mods and the Admin-Team quite good but nevertheless it is you in the end who takes the responsibility. If you buy a watch from a new member without any selling history you always have a higher risk. Just use your mind. It is always hard and ungrateful to put "partial blame" on the victim. But it should not be completely ignored.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ok, am new to the forum and don't know what methods for identification of scammers being used.

We don't ID scammers, Proxyserv is not a staffer here, he's an Anon who adopted RWI and is our anti-scammer guardian. I have NFI who Proxy is but it is obvious that he has access to info that mear mortals do not, he is never wrong with publically released info.

Having said that, I think that;'s enough emails to the employer guys, we don't want to mail bomb them and I think they have the message.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
There are "scammers" and "scammers". You will find some professional scammers here like Lewis Collins and dumb hobby scammers. Yes, the "system" here works thanks to the Mods and the Admin-Team quite good but nevertheless it is you in the end who takes the responsibility. If you buy a watch from a new member without any selling history you always have a higher risk. Just use your mind. It is always hard and ungrateful to put "partial blame" on the victim. But it should not be completely ignored.

I agree on that, every man is the architect of his own fortune. Still, we can cut some slack to a chap that had a hard day.
Bottom line, be on the lookout, make your due diligence or accept the risks.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I wish Turkey was nearer...
Call the Turkish police tell them he said Kurdistan deserves independence.

speaking stan marsh GIF by South Park

• Haha
Reactions: irishjohn and Feefo

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
There ought to be tougher rules for certain countries, before they can put up a sale.

And no, I’m not being discriminating or racist against people from turkey or Morocco or such.

My point is just - I live in Scandinavia - we can’t scam people. Because the legal system is so developed that crime seldom pays. You will get caught.

But there are countries where the legal system is weak and corruption is high. These individuals will be more susceptible to scam others.

There should be stricter rules for countries that have a weak legal system, like for example Turkey or Morocco and such.
The data scientist in me wonders if there's certain nationalities are over-represented in the Brig when normalized against the general membership of RWI (as determined by IP address). It would be interesting to see if there's a measurable (i.e. statistically significant) difference between the chances of an RWI member from Sweden or Morocco being a scammer? The data in all here, albeit hard to collate, and some data (i.e. IP addresses for the general membership) are only known to admins.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Could be interesting to see. unfortunately there is on Southern European country also that would be over presented if such a data analysis was done.
I know... Denmark... Those filthy continent touchers can't be trusted.

/jokes...

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
There are good people and bad people in each and every country. Not only that, some of the most active and respected members in this community, have ended up in the brig after scamming. You can't fault a country for a bad egg. A country with better law enforcement just makes a better criminal. People are going to do what they want, and the staff here have gone about it in the most professional manner I've seen in any hobby forum I've come across.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Never overestimate the brain function of an extremist or nationalist...;)
"What?" - J. Caesar
There ought to be tougher rules for certain countries, before they can put up a sale.

And no, I’m not being discriminating or racist against people from turkey or Morocco or such.

My point is just - I live in Scandinavia - we can’t scam people. Because the legal system is so developed that crime seldom pays. You will get caught.

But there are countries where the legal system is weak and corruption is high. These individuals will be more susceptible to scam others.

There should be stricter rules for countries that have a weak legal system, like for example Turkey or Morocco and such.
Turkey or Morocco?

You mean like Germany and Portugal?

Those two have nothing in common except being Muslim countries. Fuck are you saying?

Reactions: rakman and RX7GP

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
guys stop fighting over petty shit, anyone can be a scammer, there is no race or nationality when it comes to this.

let’s get back on topic for this scumbag that is now scamming on reddit

Reactions: RDRoss and P..DR..D

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Curious as to what kind of rules you would like to implement here ?

Last edited:
Reactions: KushBandit

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Guys. I don't want to over react here but this type of rhetoric has got to end this second and never expressed here again.

These comments go way too far over the line. It ends now please.

Thank you