• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

madbill71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
USA
I've read that genuine Omega bracelets can be a pain in the ass to resize, can anyone who owns one of these reps comment on what it's like to remove the links? How much frustration should I expect?

I had to take the small half link out of mine (a 45.5mm version). I found a tiny screw driver and three of the screws came out easily but the fourth was a nightmare and wouldn't budge. I tried a trick on the Omega forum to soak it in boiling water but that didn't help and I was starting to ruin the screw. I left it and was able to take out one whole link else where on the strap but that was too tight so it had to be the half link. Going through all my tools I found a small screwdriver with a really long handle, I tried that and success, it came undone, I therefore put the whole link in and took the half link out, It's always the case there is always one screw that's a problem.

Reactions: vcappp

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I had to take the small half link out of mine (a 45.5mm version). I found a tiny screw driver and three of the screws came out easily but the fourth was a nightmare and wouldn't budge. I tried a trick on the Omega forum to soak it in boiling water but that didn't help and I was starting to ruin the screw. I left it and was able to take out one whole link else where on the strap but that was too tight so it had to be the half link. Going through all my tools I found a small screwdriver with a really long handle, I tried that and success, it came undone, I therefore put the whole link in and took the half link out, It's always the case there is always one screw that's a problem.

I hear you, had the same problem with my VSF and of course it was the last screw that was the p in the a.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Yeah my bracelet was the same, removed 2 links the first one no problem at all the second one I just couldn’t get the second screw to budge.

Hair dryer treatment didn’t help.

Even put the rubber on as had given up, but didn’t like it.

Then realised you can remove the pin with only removing the screw on one side.

I’ve put a scratch on one link and mangled a screw or 2 but not noticeable.

I need to invest in some quality screwdrivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bokthoi

4/9/17
I used penetrating fluid on my noob bracelet to get the screws nice and loose if they had siezed or had grime in the threads. Something similar like a little squirt of wd40 would have the same effect I imagine saves knackering the screw heads

1848Bochum

29/6/16
Fyi: actual silver batch is sold out again. Chazingtime is waiting for a new factory delivery

Sent from the RWI App

fatasian

Horology Curious
4/6/15
just got mine last night - very happy. i'd echo the same bracelet resizing issues, but aside from that it's excellent.

madbill71

12/9/18
USA
I have had my VSF (45.5mm with silver markers) for a short while now and have to admit I love it and haven't worn any of my other watches since. It looks great and appears to keep fantastic time, It loses just over 2 mins a week, the most the watch has been off my wrist is 36 hours although it didn't stop in that time so I'm not sure what the reserve is like. The glass on it has to be the best glass out of all my watches, its so clear and its anti-reflective properties are amazing. I love the quick hour set as well.

The main reason for this post is that yesterday a manager at work , who has a genuine Omega Seamaster 300, spotted it and commented, "Wow, nice watch". followed by an inquisitive sounding, "Can I have a look?" as he said he had been looking at them (the gen ones) when he got his 300. So I handed it to him about to confess it was a rep. He held it, turned it over, commented on how "fab" the back looked and after looking at the face again handed it back saying, "That is really nice, it must have cost you a bit". I was coy and just said, "Enough", So I have to be honest and report that I didn't mention it was a rep and let him think what ever he thought. If I'm ever asked directly if its a rep, I'll be honest about it, but if people don't ask. why not let them think what they think :)

I really hope that one day you can get a Seamaster 300 rep of the same quality,

Last edited:
Reactions: csthe and Watchbro

Watchbro

Horology Curious
7/5/18
Hi Madbill, may I know which dealer you got your rep from? Finally gonna pull the trigger on a rep watch and I'd like for it to be of the best quality (ie. a dealer that can get a watch with the least amount of flaws).

If anyone else can chime in on a dealer who has a good eye for detail do let me know. Was planning on getting the Noob LMPOV4 but looks like the VSF 8500 CRPO is it.

I have had my VSF (45.5mm with silver markers) for a short while now and have to admit I love it and haven't worn any of my other watches since. It looks great and appears to keep fantastic time, It loses just over 2 mins a week, the most the watch has been off my wrist is 36 hours although it didn't stop in that time so I'm not sure what the reserve is like. The glass on it has to be the best glass out of all my watches, its so clear and its anti-reflective properties are amazing. I love the quick hour set as well.

The main reason for this post is that yesterday a manager at work , who has a genuine Omega Seamaster 300, spotted it and commented, "Wow, nice watch". followed by an inquisitive sounding, "Can I have a look?" as he said he had been looking at them (the gen ones) when he got his 300. So I handed it to him about to confess it was a rep. He held it, turned it over, commented on how "fab" the back looked and after looking at the face again handed it back saying, "That is really nice, it must have cost you a bit". I was coy and just said, "Enough", So I have to be honest and report that I didn't mention it was a rep and let him think what ever he thought. If I'm ever asked directly if its a rep, I'll be honest about it, but if people don't ask. why not let them think what they think :)

Stuntman81

23/3/16

Sounds like your manager has good taste. If I was your manager or colleague I wouldn't call out your rep, unless I knew you well enough on a personal level, otherwise that's just poor form. Not saying he recognised it as a rep, just saying that if he did he may have chose not to mention it. Still a hell of a rep and well worth the money. :D

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Hi Madbill, may I know which dealer you got your rep from? Finally gonna pull the trigger on a rep watch and I'd like for it to be of the best quality (ie. a dealer that can get a watch with the least amount of flaws).

If anyone else can chime in on a dealer who has a good eye for detail do let me know. Was planning on getting the Noob LMPOV4 but looks like the VSF 8500 CRPO is it.

EVERY single TD gets the SAME watches. TDs don't make watches, they only sell them. It's like asking which authorized dealer can get you the best Rolex watch or THE best Toyota..

It's you who has to be careful with your QC pics. Dealers don't give two shits if they sell you one with flaws or defects, they just pick the first watch they get their hands on and hope you don't notice anything. Trust me, I've bought hundreds so far.

Some TDs are more careful than others though. I'd recommend Sead from Supermirrors.

madbill71

12/9/18
USA

I got it from Puretime but ...

EVERY single TD gets the SAME watches. TDs don't make watches, they only sell them. It's like asking which authorized dealer can get you the best Rolex watch or THE best Toyota..

as Therion666 states I imagine they do get them all from the same place. I did have to reject the first one as the 2 on the 12 was at quite an angle. Luckily on the second one its spot on and everything else appears to be as well. I'm really pleased with it.

Sounds like your manager has good taste. If I was your manager or colleague I wouldn't call out your rep, unless I knew you well enough on a personal level, otherwise that's just poor form. Not saying he recognised it as a rep, just saying that if he did he may have chose not to mention it. Still a hell of a rep and well worth the money. :D

The manager in question knows me fairly well although trust me, if he had the slightest notion it was a rep it would have been broadcast from the tallest building - which is one reason I was about to fess up before he made the observation. He's very much a look at me and the things I have type person and is sadly happy to knock others down. I can't help but think that he wasnt expecting to see the glass back and rep movement, when he saw that his reaction changed as he said how "fab" it looked and that he had been looking at them prior to getting his Seamaster 300. :)

Stuntman81

23/3/16
The manager in question knows me fairly well although trust me, if he had the slightest notion it was a rep it would have been broadcast from the tallest building - which is one reason I was about to fess up before he made the observation. He's very much a look at me and the things I have type person and is sadly happy to knock others down. I can't help but think that he wasnt expecting to see the glass back and rep movement, when he saw that his reaction changed as he said how "fab" it looked and that he had been looking at them prior to getting his Seamaster 300. :)

Haha Fair one - good to know it passed the test in that case! :D

I'm fairly convinced that unless you really know your reps as well as your gens then you'd really struggle to tell them apart.

The only person who's ever asked to see my watch is a friend who has a passing interest in watches - he spotted the planet ocean right away. When I passed it to him I let him examine it for a few minutes before telling him it was a rep (I was sure he knew already) he said he had no idea and asked me what the differences were! This is a guy who could tell an omega from arms length - but couldn't spot the flaws in an old v6f decorated miyota - I guess to most people the intricacies of the movement and tiny differences in bezels, clasps etc. really aren't that important!

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
V6f 42PO vs v6f 43.5PO GMT
d95c8a0127694072243a2e7cfdf9dca3.jpg

You might have already posted it here, but this is a very long thread;)

I am considering the same V6F 42PO. When compared to Noob CrPO - how is the lume? and how is "12" marker (any difference in a shine between 1 and 2), Thx

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
You might have already posted it here, but this is a very long thread;)

I am considering the same V6F 42PO. When compared to Noob CrPO - how is the lume? and how is "12" marker (any difference in a shine between 1 and 2), Thx

I really like these VSF PO releases. I have a GMT w/ silver markers and one 42mm PO w/ orange markers; two 45mm POs, one w/ silver markers, other orange. On every one of them the "1" and "2" markers in the "12" are applied in different planes. By that I mean they're not perfectly level with one another, and the light hits them differently. When one is reflecting light, the other is either not, or is barely. So, much different shine between the "1" and "2" markers in the "12". It's really only noticeable when light is directly shining on the dial, and IMO it's more noticeable on the matte dial PO vs the shiny dial GMT. And it's obviously not a deal killer for me, or I wouldn't have bought so many. Great watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: k4jun

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I really like these VSF PO releases. I have a GMT w/ silver markers and one 42mm PO w/ orange markers; two 45mm POs, one w/ silver markers, other orange. On every one of them the "1" and "2" markers in the "12" are applied in different planes. By that I mean they're not perfectly level with one another, and the light hits them differently. When one is reflecting light, the other is either not, or is barely. So, much different shine between the "1" and "2" markers in the "12". It's really only noticeable when light is directly shining on the dial, and IMO it's more noticeable on the matte dial PO vs the shiny dial GMT. And it's obviously not a deal killer for me, or I wouldn't have bought so many. Great watch.

Cheers mate. What do you think about a longevity of a lume??

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia

nice one! any chance you can take a photo of all of them side by side?

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Cheers mate. What do you think about a longevity of a lume??

the lume is crazy good, still legible in middle of the night. I think it's comparable to gen Breitlings and Fortis - but have only been wearing the PO lately, so will try to verify that in next day or so.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I have just opened the parcel from my TD and here's the content :)
IMG-20181106-121454.jpg

First impressions : crazy AR, bezel action on the stiffer side, but sounds more "hollow" than Rolex reps, crown a little wobbly when fully unscrewed. Overall a well made watch, but it looks a bit bland to me, so not sure if it's a keeper.
How does one set the date on this watch? The hour hand is jumping where you set the date on other watches. I feel like a knob.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I have just opened the parcel from my TD and here's the content :)
IMG-20181106-121454.jpg

First impressions : crazy AR, bezel action on the stiffer side, but sounds more "hollow" than Rolex reps, crown a little wobbly when fully unscrewed. Overall a well made watch, but it looks a bit bland to me, so not sure if it's a keeper.
How does one set the date on this watch? The hour hand is jumping where you set the date on other watches. I feel like a knob.

You just quickset the hour hand 24 hours to move the date. Same as gen but not the best .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk