• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Do you reckon waiting for the ARF V4 release is a good idea for the start of a franken project? Looking to go fully gen everything in the long run but start bit by bit, so wait for new ARF release or just go with the new VSF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hé I have all parts gen parts ready,so waiting anyway to see which factory will suits my personal needs in the upcoming months.
I think ARF still will be the best base for franken route..

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
Hé I have all parts gen parts ready,so waiting anyway to see which factory will suits my personal needs in the upcoming months.
I think ARF still will be the best base for franken route..

You got everything gen? Nice bro. I’ve got prof xtal and gen datewheel for now. Gonna go with VSF so I can get it underway. Can always swap to ARF later on. This new movement looks promising so there’s always that.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Just a heads up, some of the VSF seems to have left justified DW. I rejected 2 and finally got one with a nicely centered date.

Beware it could be depending on dates ie singles are left only or twenties and so on.

ZZF V2 had singles to the right a bit always (not much though).

jfdupuis

14/5/10
How is the glidelock on the VSF? Any plastic parts?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
I saw a pic with the VSF submariners and there were diffrent models, not only the LN. Anyone knows when are they going to release the Hulk and Smurf?

Booonin

2/9/18
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think trusty compares 40mm model that have made with a new one 41mm...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
How is the glidelock on the VSF? Any plastic parts?

No idea but I'm not keen on the clasp in my qc pics not seeing the small gap with the rounded edges where you close the fliplock.but I'll wait and see

Last edited:
Reactions: jfdupuis

jfdupuis

14/5/10
No idea but I'm not keen on the clasp in my qc pics not seeing the small gap with the rounded edges where you close the fliplock.but I'll wait and see
Good to know! My last rep was the ARF sub. Haven't bought a new rep in a few years so I'm curious to see how far they've come.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Plastic parts? Has there been such a clasp made?

ZZF at some point used plastic rollers in their clasp. Not sure whats the situation on their latest watches.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
ZZF at some point used plastic rollers in their clasp. Not sure whats the situation on their latest watches.

V2S no-date as metal at least the one I have.

But metal is even more incorrect as gens supposed to use some kind of rubbery material which makes sense as metal against metal is not a good thing.

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Received my QC. I’m happy with it and shall approve once I get the photos of the movement I requested.

SEL’s look amazing, Rehaut alignment is spot on, lugs shape is gorgeous, insert color looks nice. Datewheel looks decent - more gen like than I expected. Only thing that appeared to be off was a part of the clasp. It might just be the lighting though. Overall it seems to be a very nicely done submariner replica by VSF. Excited to see them in the Rolex game!

cc2ce30b5db2d5721f8f118b36398b1e.jpg

b64922482a527496cb808365d0e6f52f.plist