• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
the watch looks awful, it looks like a fake and everyone knows it all over the room. you should sell me a watch for half price ....

But then you will be stuck with that awful rep, so you buy from him at half price and ill do you a solid and buy it off you for half of the half :eek:hgoon:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I received my QC last night. Happy with it but I noticed that that the LEC seems to be misaligned. Thoughts?

I’m probably going to accept the watch because this is minor but wanted to point it out if other VSFs have this as well.

The right side of the watch is closer to the camera so that the date window will look centered in the cyclops. This angle alters the apparent positions of the LEC and the bezel triangle/pearl too. These two pics taken a second apart show the apparent triangle shift, nothing is different but the right side of the watch is slightly closer than the left. Also note what that does to the date window view, which is why it's done.

BgLp8.jpg

BgAaR.jpg

You can see this easily on one of your own watches with a visible LEC. Use max phone camera zoom in bright light, focus on the LEC and move the right side of the watch forward and back. The LEC will appear to move back and forth.

Subdued

20/11/19
Hand finish looks rough? Not nit-picking and it can’t be seen IRL. But typical VSF hand finish I guess.

sasquatch951

Supporter
Certified
28/11/18
The right side of the watch is closer to the camera so that the date window will look centered in the cyclops. This angle alters the apparent positions of the LEC and the bezel triangle/pearl too. These two pics taken a second apart show the apparent triangle shift, nothing is different but the right side of the watch is slightly closer than the left. Also note what that does to the date window view, which is why it's done.

You can see this easily on one of your own watches with a visible LEC. Use max phone camera zoom in bright light, focus on the LEC and move the right side of the watch forward and back. The LEC will appear to move back and forth.

Thanks for the helpful explanation as always.

Hand finish looks rough? Not nit-picking and it can’t be seen IRL. But typical VSF hand finish I guess.

I noticed this as well along with the bezel alignment. I asked my TD if the bezel is one click to the left so we’ll see about that. As for the hands... I think it seems pretty standard on these VSFs... probably not going to be too picky here.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Does anyone notice the dial is not OFFICIALL Y anymore in those latest QC pics?? or is it just me tripping

Subdued

20/11/19
I noticed this as well along with the bezel alignment. I asked my TD if the bezel is one click to the left so we’ll see about that. As for the hands... I think it seems pretty standard on these VSFs... probably not going to be too picky here.
[/QUOTE]

The watch seems good. The bezel alignment is good. Bezel pip is sitting higher than dial thus the discrepancy. Nice watch.

Subdued

20/11/19
I have question about do VSF do the polish edge on hands? my VSF omega seamaster hands edge is not smooth. I wonder do VSF will do better on those rolex?
has anyone has the watch can show any detail about it?

Look at the QC :)

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I received my QC last night. Happy with it but I noticed that that the LEC seems to be misaligned. Thoughts?

Don't worry - unless they did something wrong, you barely notice the LEC, even up close. The cyclops is perfectly aligned which is far more important!

Reactions: Grfranco

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
I am waiting for true 904L with individual serials and great finishing and quality to make a last 40 maxi case super Franken.

ARF did not disappoint me until now when using as a franken base ..

maybe they could just polish the rehout and change the claps code lugs shape a tiny bit and they made me supere happy:D

Do you reckon waiting for the ARF V4 release is a good idea for the start of a franken project? Looking to go fully gen everything in the long run but start bit by bit, so wait for new ARF release or just go with the new VSF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Every one of the QC photos of the VSF (with the VS3135) that I have seen (including mine) starts with S91Vxxxx. The last 4 digits seem to be random.

Indeed including mine vsf has the best lugs and movement in the game so far got my qc pics yesterday.
not recieved anything about my zzf v3 yet

Last edited:

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Indeed including mine vsf has the best lugs and movement in the game so far got my qc pics yesterday.
not recieved anything about my zzf v3 yet

Same here...waiting for ZZF V3.

This VSF looks promising...here's my approved QC:)