• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Overall I think it looks quite good. The end link gap looks a tiny bit large on one side but that may just be that it’s not evenly spaced when not on its side. Not noticing anything else jumping out at me. Crown isn’t perfect but i knew that with this version.

thanks everyone!

Looks good all-round to me. Time regulation is great too! Wish I had 3s/d on mine - lol.

Last edited:

Remix

Horology Curious
15/1/19
Looks good all-round to me. Time regulation is great too! Wish I had 3s/d on mine - lol.

One other thing - the engraving on the chapter ring shouldnt the rolex crown be centered at 12? Just noticed that now looking Thanks!

Last edited:

Remix

Horology Curious
15/1/19
What do you guys think of the 31 date. I know it's been mentioned here that the font is the 2014 "fat" date font but I'm having a hard time when comparing online.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That’s a real nice piece. It is going to make you very happy indeed. Start getting excited, you have more or less a watch there that looks, feels, winds, tastes and smells just like the real thing. It’s the best rep sub going on the market just now in my opinion, I got an LV, I was so blown away comparing it to my genuine watch that I had to buy an LN too. VSF is like getting a real Rolex for under £400.. without the same investment of course, but your wrist will look the part.

Reactions: diamant and Tete

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
What do you guys think of the 31 date. I know it's been mentioned here that the font is the 2014 "fat" date font but I'm having a hard time when comparing online.

The 31 looks a bit "marginal" indeed. And the timegrapher values are outside of Rolex Superlative Chronometer specs (+/-2s/d).

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
One other thing - the engraving on the chapter ring shouldnt the rolex crown be centered at 12? Just noticed that now looking Thanks!

Sometimes you can adjust the dial very slightly to resolve rehaut engraving alignment but you don't need to worry about it, even gens aren't all lined exactly.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
but I'm having a hard time when comparing online

Because you are overthinking it and there's nothing wrong with yours.

You've accepted the QC. Sit back and wait for it to arrive then enjoy it........... :D
It's an awesome watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
2269c3564059b3cb9f6f295c7b132a41.jpg

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I recall that flaking on TD pictures but it was on a SH movement iirc.. never saw or heard of a VR with flaking reversing wheels, they are really good coated and not just painted

Ah, okay. Thanks. The memory aint what it used to be.

Reactions: BiH855

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
You are welcome. Thanks. FYI, the crown @12 is not aligned on my genuine submariner either so don't worry about that, also, you'll hear a lot of folk go an about the rehaut having the 1st R a shade too far right.. that's all they have, they have nothing else to point at..and it's such a non-problem too, you just don't see this in real life. It's a great rep, you chose wisely.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
You are welcome. Thanks. FYI, the crown @12 is not aligned on my genuine submariner either so don't worry about that, also, you'll hear a lot of folk go an about the rehaut having the 1st R a shade too far right.. that's all they have, they have nothing else to point at..and it's such a non-problem too, you just don't see this in real life. It's a great rep, you chose wisely.

That’s not entirely true though is it? There there’s been 3 cases off the top of my head of the movement having issues (the same one), in addition to gears being painted and flaking. All are worrying, since they are happening in such a short span of time.

Reactions: saucin

Onoratoa54

Certified
29/1/19
I would have rejected that too, POLEX? Can’t even get the name right. Jokes aside, what’s wrong with that watch?

No good example.
looks the thick date,and the sel on bottom left.
the 'polex' is the second hand upon it....