• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Thanks for this. Did your watchmaker happen to say why it's still recommended to change the reversing wheels? Is it because they're painted and may flake, or some other reason?
They are painted so the paint might come off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Thanks for this. Did your watchmaker happen to say why it's still recommended to change the reversing wheels? Is it because they're painted and may flake, or some other reason?

Are they painted on other movements like the VR?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Are they painted on other movements like the VR?

I'm sure I recall seeing a photo of the reversing wheel on a VR 3135 with signs of paint flaking off. I think it was actually a photo of the movement on a TD's site, and one of the more experienced members here commented on what looked like flaking paint. I've been searching for the post for ages and buggered if I can find it.

Eseips

5/4/16
I'm sure I recall seeing a photo of the reversing wheel on a VR 3135 with signs of paint flaking off. I think it was actually a photo of the movement on a TD's site, and one of the more experienced members here commented on what looked like flaking paint. I've been searching for the post for ages and buggered if I can find it.

Just a thought, but Wouldn´t it be an option to just dip them in acetone for a while, just strip them of all the paint and continue using rep parts? Would be cheaper alternative if the quality of the rep parts is fine, like everyone says...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I knew i had seen the color of the cyclops before:

IMG_5482_zpss78a1afw.jpg

IMG_5987_zpsm7ulwcl6.jpg

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/b...clops.4711845/

Its 1:1 like on my QC pictures, seems like VSF copied even the blue/greenish tint of the cyclops lol and i thought it was a "flaw"

Last edited:

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Does anyone know if the RXF version still has a darker bezel or if they're pretty much the same? I want the VSF but I don't see a reason for a clone movement with a close caseback, an ETA replica is so much better imo..

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany

I recall that flaking on TD pictures but it was on a SH movement iirc.. never saw or heard of a VR with flaking reversing wheels, they are really good coated and not just painted

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Tell us once you have green lighted it, then we'll give our opinion. That is how it rolls here.

Remix

Horology Curious
15/1/19
Sorry guys I’m new here - rules rules. I saw others posting qc photos 100 pages back and figured it was okay. I just wanted to share and see if anything jumped out to anyone. It looks good from where I’m sitting.

rhis is the shit that makes people not want to be part of these forums lol

IM SORRYYYYYY FORUM GODS ;)

Reactions: Snil

watchski

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/06
Once you approve/green light it, the forum members can comment. I have a few thoughts but waiting on your greenlight and your thoughts first.

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
rhis is the shit that makes people not want to be part of these forums lol

IM SORRYYYYYY FORUM GODS ;)

It's hard to have any sympathy for your position when you make comments like that. Great first post, btw

Remix

Horology Curious
15/1/19
Once you approve/green light it, the forum members can comment. I have a few thoughts but waiting on your greenlight and your thoughts first.

Overall I think it looks quite good. The end link gap looks a tiny bit large on one side but that may just be that it’s not evenly spaced when not on its side. Not noticing anything else jumping out at me. Crown isn’t perfect but i knew that with this version.

thanks everyone!