• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Yachtmaster 226659 with Asian 3235 Movement

RH1

Known Member
Certified
10/5/13
Anyone seeing a delay in QC photos? TD told me they are waiting on a new batch from factory before Chinese New Year. Anyone else in the same bucket?

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
20210120-162302-Edit.jpg

My most used rep :)

Reactions: The Fixer and BOSSK

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
20210120-162302-Edit.jpg

My most used rep :)

So goooood! The polishing looks perfect, and while it’s not white gold, it looks like it would pass everything but a side by side test.

‘’This will be my next purchase as soon as the factory is back from holidays.

Reactions: Mille M

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I've posted plenty of wrist shots in this thread.

2020-11-21-04-03-16.jpg

The watch feels amazing.
Super comfortable on this rubber oyster flex.
The weight is good, although too light compared to the gen, because gen has a full gold case and this one is stainless steel.

Cheers

Time bandit

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/1/17
Uk
Going back a few years you could buy certain reps in white gold plating , shame! as these are nice but a big tell , too shiny but like most reps how looks that close

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

johnysub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
So goooood! The polishing looks perfect, and while it’s not white gold, it looks like it would pass everything but a side by side test.

‘’This will be my next purchase as soon as the factory is back from holidays.

but this model is originally from white gold... so side by side test shouldnt pass.. because white gold is more yellowish from steel

t3steve

Known Member
19/5/19
California, United States
Does this watch have Anti-reflective coating on the outside of the crystal? I'm thinking it would look better without the cyclops.
Follow up question, can it be removed with leaving a mark?

Last edited:

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
but this model is originally from white gold... so side by side test shouldnt pass.. because white gold is more yellowish from steel

Exactly. Which if you re read my post you’ll see I said ‘everything but a side by side. :p

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Hey Mille M can you comment on the quality of the oysterflex? Is it feeling good on the wrist - does it pick up much dirt and dust like some rep rubber straps?

Cheers! Looks great on you btw :)

It feels amazing on the wrist - super comfortable and doesn't pick much dirt (vulcanized rubber does not pick much debris).
But it scratches rather easily.
But, overall, really good and quality rubber strap.

Cheers

Reactions: Updog

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Mille M if you had to choose one between this or the vsf 41mm sub, which would it be ?
Does this wear much bigger than the 41mm sub ? Or is abt the same ?
Debating between this or the sub. And my wrist is a less less than 6.5 inches

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
The YM 42 wears noticeable bigger on the wrist...

20201125-162833-Edit.jpg

20210122-092152-01.jpg

The Submariner has the perfect size, even for me (17.8cm wrist or 7 inches).

The Yachtmaster wears really comfortable because of the rubber oysterflex.
I don't know, is up to you to decide wich one you love the most.

I love both, so I had to buy both :D
Can't choose yet, if I could only have one of them.
Maybe the Kermit, I don't know.

I love the big dial on the YM, and I love that bezel.
I love the green bezel also, on the sub, and the overall proportions (also, the metal bracelet goes with everything, casual or formal).

Tough decision...

Last edited:

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
Mille M if you had to choose one between this or the vsf 41mm sub, which would it be ?
Does this wear much bigger than the 41mm sub ? Or is abt the same ?
Debating between this or the sub. And my wrist is a less less than 6.5 inches

For your small wrist, I would go for the Sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
Did anyone notice that the area of the dial surrounding the center shaft which holds the hands, it curves down slightly? You need light reflection in order to notice it. Dial of this watch appears to be glossy. Otherwise, it would not reflect light and I wouldn't have been able to notice this.

It is too hard to capture it. So I enclose a picture illustrating what I am trying to say.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Did anyone notice that the area of the dial surrounding the center shaft which holds the hands, it curves down slightly? You need light reflection in order to notice it. Dial of this watch appears to be glossy. Otherwise, it would not reflect light and I wouldn't have been able to notice this.

It is too hard to capture it. So I enclose a picture illustrating what I am trying to say.

Yes, it's normal.
Maybe a little more pronounced than gen, but gens also do that.

Cheers