• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Hey community, so I decided to upgrade my DJ and bought a gen rhodium dial off a seller on Ebay with a 100% rating, just to be sure...

But my watchmaker installed it today on my VSF and he told me it was a direct swap, no mods at all. This led him to think it is not the real deal. I took his opinion with a grain of salt cause he isn't super knowledgeable, but what do you guys think? Have I been duped?

Thanks for your input gang!

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Why wouldn't it be a
direct swap?

Hey community, so I decided to upgrade my DJ and bought a gen rhodium dial off a seller on Ebay with a 100% rating, just to be sure...

But my watchmaker installed it today on my VSF and he told me it was a direct swap, no mods at all. This led him to think it is not the real deal. I took his opinion with a grain of salt cause he isn't super knowledgeable, but what do you guys think? Have I been duped?

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK

Wow! - beautiful pics. I love a smooth bezel with jubilee. A gen dial is a direct swap.

Reactions: leo6929

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified

This dial is genuine

Reactions: leo6929

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
After reading up and seeing so many reviews and pics of all the DJ41 reps I pulled the trigger recently on a 126334 blue dial / jubilee - VS3235

Received the watch yesterday and was not disappointed. Well made, all alignment is good and date changes instantly at 12 midnight ( good hand alignment )

1st time jubilee wearer - have 3 other oysters and I can say it’s super comfortable and noticeably lighter.

Only issue with the VSF jubilee are the sharp edges in the centre links. This is noticeable when you run your fingers side to side over the bracelet. Rubbing the bracelet over your jeans or t shirt you can feel it catching the material. This is perhaps the biggest blight on an otherwise impressive rep.

I haven’t tested the extended power reserve but so far OOTB it’s running @ 15 secs per day fast.

In the meantime I’m really enjoying this one:

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
As a RWI member, it is my duty to share a picture of those new pre raid batches.
Pros:
- Excellent and very GEN-like dial
- VS3235 (at +6s/d OOTB) within COSC 😎
- Bracelet satin finishing looks high-end
- Smooth bezel is very similar to GEN
- Clasp action is perfect
Cons:
- Bracelet feels subpar, despite looking gen. It’s not dramatic but an ARF would feel more solid. Even on newer batches (clasp 7XX)
- Case luge are slightly rounder/less sharp than Clean and gen, I personally don’t care and can’t see the flaw, it’s marginal but it’s a fact.
- Resistance when winding the watch above 50-70% of the PR - might very well be a recurrence in GEN as well but this VS movement has few documented issues relative to winding.

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
And I forgot to mention an important detail.
Cyclop is awesome, no need for frankening.
Sharp Blackhole effect and very clear.

VSF corrected the « distortion effect » flaw. It is also the case for newer sub in production.

Hope it brings some clarity to the topic ! ✌️

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Unfortunately my DJ has cyclop distortion effect 🙁 I’ll try to source a new one from latest batches

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Unfortunately my DJ has cyclop distortion effect 🙁 I’ll try to source a new one from latest batches
I have early and late VS cases here (Z66 and Z80 serial numbers) and the CFv2 (among others) and their respective crystals etc. All have some distortion compared to a gen crystal. It’s getting better and better though, so none of these rep DJ’s should be slept on. They all rock! (VS and CF anyway)

The phrase above “gen like dial”is true also, the early and later VS 126334 in blue and CFv2 126334 in blue is here, next to my gen 126334 blue dial.

but honestly it is difficult to discern unless you look closer than normal (like microscope)or have a gen crystal above both, because all rep crystals (aside from DF) do not show the dial as well as a gen crystal.

Just my thoughts, while having all 4 (dials and crystals, VS Z66 and Z80, CFv2 and Gen) on hand.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
And I forgot to mention an important detail.
Cyclop is awesome, no need for frankening.
Sharp Blackhole effect and very clear.

VSF corrected the « distortion effect » flaw. It is also the case for newer sub in production.

Hope it brings some clarity to the topic ! ✌️
Ok interesting…..I can’t tell on mine whether it has or does not have the distortion you are referring to. I’ve not seen the comparison side by side to be able to discern the difference. I also have no way of knowing if the DJ I just received is the newer or older batch.

In comparing to your pictures my date window does not look as crisp or non distorted ? so I can only assume it has this distortion ? In any case it’s not really that noticeable to be honest.

On my example ( jubilee ) I also had to slightly adjust the clasp by ever so slightly bending the top clasp lever to ensure that it has a more positive click on engaging. The clasp on my ARF Milgaus definitely feels better and more tactile.

Anyways…. Pic of my cyclops below.