• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

Rookstar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/14
Australia
Hi all,

Apology if my question isn't related although its talking about the same Datejust model. I Hope someone can help me out abit.

I am looking for a replica oyster bracelet for a Datejust 126334 41mm with lug width of 21mm. Anyone know which factory will have one that will fit? I am guessing all the Datejust lug width for 126334 should be the same at 21mm. But when I checked with one of the dealer, he couldn't guarantee it will fit. Thanks in advance.

Al
Jtime has ARF Oyster Bracelets available currently. They come off a CF as they come standard with ARF Oyster. I am in the process of getting on for my VSF DJ41.

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Jtime has ARF Oyster Bracelets available currently. They come off a CF as they come standard with ARF Oyster. I am in the process of getting on for my VSF DJ41.
You know that the newest VSF Datejusts are also equipped with braclets from the same supplier as ARF braclets right?

There is zero need (in case you got a relevant new VSF Datejust batch) to order additional ARF braclets.

I‘m talking about Jubilee btw.

Rookstar

4/3/14
Australia
You know that the newest VSF Datejusts are also equipped with braclets from the same supplier as ARF braclets right?

There is zero need (in case you got a relevant new VSF Datejust batch) to order additional ARF braclets.

I‘m talking about Jubilee btw.

I personally have VSF on a Jubilee right now, but I am creating a Franken 126300 (Gen smooth bezel, Dial, hands) and I want like the Oyster, hence why I am getting the bracelet only from Jtime.

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I personally have VSF on a Jubilee right now, but I am creating a Franken 126300 (Gen smooth bezel, Dial, hands) and I want like the Oyster, hence why I am getting the bracelet only from Jtime.
I see buddy. You need an additional Oyster. Good choice.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Gentlemen, recently purchased two VSF DJ 41 with oyster bracelets. Was looking forward to wear the new timepiece after the long wait, but unfortunately they don’t fit my wrist and will require one additional link on each watch. (Note- the easylink is extended)

Does anyone have two spare links that I can purchase? I will cover the shipping as well. If so, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
I too am hoping VSF will begin making a 36mm.
Hope so too. There’s a really big market for the 36 mm just as the 41 mm. And women will also be part of it.

I’m guessing the big difference in small size of the movement parts makes it’s harder to put together and work with which is why the 41 mm is more common. Just my two cents.

Reactions: ZBrink

Rookstar

4/3/14
Australia
Gentlemen, recently purchased two VSF DJ 41 with oyster bracelets. Was looking forward to wear the new timepiece after the long wait, but unfortunately they don’t fit my wrist and will require one additional link on each watch. (Note- the easylink is extended)

Does anyone have two spare links that I can purchase? I will cover the shipping as well. If so, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.
If you decide to sell an Oyster Bracelet as they don't fit, let me know. I have been searching for Bracelet only for some time.

taktloss

22/12/19
Hey guys,

what's your opinion about servicing? I had a VSF Datejust bought 1 1/2 years ago which first had some issues with a spare part and my watchsmith changed it after I bought the spare part for him at ebay (original one). The watch was fine for about a year and then the crown tube broke. My watchsmith said it would cost to much to repair it so I ordered a new Datejust.

Some people say servicing is important, some say don't do anything as long as it works. My watchsmith said he will not give it a service, since he thinks he could damage it. As long as it works he recommends not to do anything.

Servicing would cost about 200-300 Euros and I had to send it to a watchsmith and it takes about 3 monts to get it back. I actually think it would be smarter to order the same watch twice to have spare parts just in case and save the money for servicing ... also because there's no guarantee, that servicing will increase life period of a watch.

What's your opinition? Is the VSF Movement good enough to not service it (my watchsmith said it's the best rep movement he saw).

Regards

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Every single rep movement should be serviced prior to use. I service them, and 90% come filthy, or dry, or both. After hundreds of “brand new” watches being disgusting I won’t wear anything until it’s serviced (I’m fortunate to do my own and am equipped with the tools to do so, so there is no cost incurred unless it’s a tool I don’t yet have. Which just benefits more as time goes on)

If I had to pay 200 bucks on top of every watch to get serviced I’d do so in a heartbeat. I’ll show you pix of a brand new VSF movement, standby…

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Brand new, VSF PAM, P.9001 or 10 (it’s been a while) notice the pallet jewels are bone dry and escape wheel has black gunk? This was preventing this movement from running: the gunk was like sticky silly putty. This is not a unique experience, it was just one I documented for the TD who sent it to me for repair. Brand new, from the factory.

Again not unique, just one I happened to document.

taktloss

22/12/19
Thank you very much for your answer.

If you had to give a recommendation to someone who doesn't want to pay that much and who has a watchsmith who just wants to do the "minimum", what steps do you recommend? Full Service seems to be impossible where I live, but maybe my watchsmith agrees to do some steps of the service procedure at least. What is the most important to do? :)

taktloss

22/12/19

Thanks in advance.

Have you found one yet? Where do you live?