• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

Fusible

5/5/22
Definitely need more photos of dial so that the Daytona dudes of the world can educate us on the dirty details.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Yeah. I was thinking of the black 12 but could not make myself spend the asking price of the CF

If they make a Le Mans, I am 100% getting it, I don’t care if there are small flaws if the movement does not risk exploding on me

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Can you swap out the DD movement for the SL if the former breaks?
Yes. An SL-4801 is a drop in replacement for either a dd4130 or an SH4130.

But you can also buy a dd4130 for around $320 USD on AliExpress these days:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$430.68 | dandong made 4130 watch movement super quality 100% new without logo chronograph best edition

So it’s not as hard as it used to be to find spare movements and parts for the 4130.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Wasn't around 2000rmb from non TD? If yes I can't say this is a good deal 😀
For those that buy from TDs…

Cheapest non TD I’ve seen is 2400

Reactions: SHB

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Wasn't around 2000rmb from non TD? If yes I can't say this is a good deal 😀
You got the privilegues from buying at TDs, so its your choice what you want.
I will never get that. I mean, when buying vegetables, oder toilet paper, the exact same product is never same price, depending on which store you buy. (the ony which warranty and where the sales people have big boobs, or the "other" place) :D

• Haha
Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
You got the privilegues from buying at TDs, so its your choice what you want.
I will never get that. I mean, when buying vegetables, oder toilet paper, the exact same product is never same price, depending on which store you buy. (the ony which warranty and where the sales people have big boobs, or the "other" place) :D
I just bought my last watch from a TD and paid premium and received an empty package, sometimes I wonder who I can trust 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I just bought my last watch from a TD and paid premium and received an empty package, sometimes I wonder who I can trust 😂
When you got an empty package I can tell you a non TD would not be so easy as it is buying from a TD to get another watch or a refund.

Reactions: Reaps

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
When you got an empty package I can tell you a non TD would not be so easy as it is buying from a TD to get another watch or a refund.
No issue so far with non td as for now, they are well know and don't like when guys like us makes bad reviews 😉 but there's a risk and that's normal, it's not amazon and we buy counterfeit goods :)

Reactions: vanzhulik and aHero

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The TD system is awesome. i would never have bought my first reps without it.

Since then I have bought mostly parts from non-TD, albeit from DHG would count as watches.

For a watch <300€, I will probably give a non TD a shot to dip my toe in.

I am also glad that the mods brought Andiot in as TD. His prices are great and with TD status

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
..And while I refresh the page to look for new information on this Daytona, here I am witnessing the fight between TDs and non-TDs...but what the fuck do I care? 🫶🏼

Last edited:

Fusible

5/5/22
VSF arguably has too thin of lugs. Side profile of the case geometry looks pretty solid. Clean has improved significantly in the crystal game but we can still likely agree VSF is superior. However, I doubt a crystal is responsible for the white difference. That’s pretty apparent.