• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 2018 Seamaster 300M Blue

auskip07

18/9/14
I know this is a topic about 2018 version... but as i am quite new in this game i have got so many lacks of knowledge... i am very curious has anyone ever made an older seamaster which was a super rep? (Date at 3oclock)

some are close but none hit the mark. The heart of the issue is they are semi affordable in the world of gen's you can get a new non dealer (black market) for around 2500- 3k usd which is a deal Ceramic 3 oclock date. Just gotta have a guy in japan to get it for you

Reactions: vcappp

bajamaja

Known Member
17/10/13
OMG0562 - Seamaster 300m Basel 2018 SS/SS Black VSF Asia 8800 [OMG0562] - $358.00 : Trusty Time Online Store, Your Trusty Watch Shop

Ok i've been only looking for Rolex until now, I saw this and I fell in love, for me its looks very good. But you guys who know Omega better than I do, is this version good or does it have any major flaws that I should know or watch out for? thanks
smiley.gif

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
OMG0562 - Seamaster 300m Basel 2018 SS/SS Black VSF Asia 8800 [OMG0562] - $358.00 : Trusty Time Online Store, Your Trusty Watch Shop

Ok i've been only looking for Rolex until now, I saw this and I fell in love, for me its looks very good. But you guys who know Omega better than I do, is this version good or does it have any major flaws that I should know or watch out for? thanks
smiley.gif

I have ordered a blue dial that is currently out of stock. Black is in stock. The only major flaw is the bracelet. The middle link is not correct. You will find all the details at the beginning of this thread.

Train1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
I have ordered a blue dial that is currently out of stock. Black is in stock. The only major flaw is the bracelet. The middle link is not correct. You will find all the details at the beginning of this thread.

After seeing that Watchbox vid I don't think the current reps come come close to the domed lume on the hour markers but its hard to tell from the pics available on dealer sites.

Last edited:

SantaChrist

Have you been good this year?
Supporter
Certified
25/8/18
USA
After seeing that Watchbox vid I don't think the current reps come come close to the domed lume on the markers but its hard to tell from the pics available on dealer sites.

I had the same thought, especially considering this rep came out before the gen did so although it looks accurate enough I’m not sure about the small details like the domed lume.

Train1

28/8/07
I had the same thought, especially considering this rep came out before the gen did so although it looks accurate enough I’m not sure about the small details like the domed lume.

Those hour markers are so over the top as well as the raised lettering on 'Seamaster' that'd be the first thing I looked for as an insta-tell.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The hour markers are indeed "domed" but oddly enough two hour markers in the dial of mine are just plain flat. Maybe they´re mixing old and new parts? Doesn't bother me since you really have to look hard into it to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Train1

28/8/07
The hour markers are indeed "domed" but oddly enough two hour markers in the dial of mine are just plain flat. Maybe they´re mixing old and new parts? Doesn't bother me since you really have to look hard into it to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe Omega is sourcing parts from VSF now? :)

Reactions: leo6929

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
some are close but none hit the mark. The heart of the issue is they are semi affordable in the world of gen's you can get a new non dealer (black market) for around 2500- 3k usd which is a deal Ceramic 3 oclock date. Just gotta have a guy in japan to get it for you

just curious, is there any particular reason why Omega is so popular in Japan than the other countries and its brand image is well placed in Japan? please share if anyone knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tkingjr

Hoender

23/3/15
Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on the blue or wait for the grey. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Do we know if they are even working on the grey, anyone heard any whispers?