• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lugs look way to thick on this hulk vsf compared to that new tt gen bluesy lugs shape hopefully it's an illusion
as for some gen insert having thicker font I've never seen that .I've seen hundreds and they all have the same inserts

Is it because the applied silver now covers the edges (walls) of the cut outs rather than just the base (floor) making it seem thicker in pictures just like the genuine blue one beside it to illustrate the point? Certainly looks that way to me. Point 3 says ‘well applied’ with an arrow pointing to the wall. I bet it means ‘wall applied’ instead of ‘well applied’ as the first example only has the floor filled with material and the walls are bare.

..and that’s a 126613 with new style case (narrow lugs) beside it..

Last edited:

arpa90

2/11/18
modernclassic I think you might be totally right. For comparison here is a close up photo of a gen hulk insert.

Z5KsQE.jpg

Reactions: Rel and Jayalvin777

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Is it because the applied silver now covers the edges (walls) of the cut outs rather than just the base (floor) making it seem thicker in pictures just like the genuine blue one beside it to illustrate the point? Certainly looks that way to me. Point 3 says ‘well applied’ with an arrow pointing to the wall. I bet it means ‘wall applied’ instead of ‘well applied’ as the first example only has the floor filled with material and the walls are bare.

..and that’s a 126613 with new style case (narrow lugs) beside it..

The sides have always been coated, thats not a thing.

Reactions: saucin

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
f80e850baf035b9c75e8e65213db1463.jpg

I bought my Gen No Date Sub on July 3rd, 2020. I can confirm the bezel insert is thicker. Pic shows my two Gen no dates. The new one is on the left, the bezel thickness is considerably thicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info sharing! There is a significant difference. Thanks.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
f80e850baf035b9c75e8e65213db1463.jpg

I bought my Gen No Date Sub on July 3rd, 2020. I can confirm the bezel insert is thicker. Pic shows my two Gen no dates. The new one is on the left, the bezel thickness is considerably thicker.

I meant “the new one is on the right” Tried editing it a bunch of times but it didn’t stick.

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe

Wow, those new insert are BIG! And the new "Submariner" text.... First impression is that the old looks better, the new almost looks like a bad rep....

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Absolutely. My pleasure. This is another shot showing all of the bezel SxS, “Submariner” text is also noticeably bolder.

The one of the left was purchased in 2016

ca464d160c2a2364aaac1b5cde9ccc7f.jpg

A short ft and a long ft dial.

Reactions: Jayalvin777