• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Green light. I’m very impressed!! It’s stunning. Rehaut is acceptable, nice black hole, DW looks gen, nice SEL’s, nice crystal and look at the genuine-like crown guards! Lovely bezel and recess as well. This was worth the wait.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Does indeed look great. Curious now as to how the bracelet stacks up.

That will be important for you guys, but for me it matters little because if it does not blow me away (and I don't expect it to) I have a really great replacement ready to go.

(an amazing ARF 116610 E5N bracelet that has has some finishing work to the edges and has been lubricated, I can hand on heart say that (clasp aside) it feels 95% as good as and as weighted as the genuine 116610 I have here, granted it has 2yr daily wear so it feels mega, I think that's where the last 5% is).

This watch looks like a great basis for your franken, the case is stunning, and all else it really good too (bracelet to be confirmed).

Reactions: Jayalvin777

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
hmmm....the qc pics seem to indicate that this VSF hulk is not that bad. But ZZF v3 is probably using the same insert as this one (both from CF)? And as such, there might not be much difference in terms of quality diff between this and the ZZF v3. The one thing I do notice is that the crystal looks like really top notch with the black hole effect..... very nice crystal.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
hmmm....the qc pics seem to indicate that this VSF hulk is not that bad. But ZZF v3 is probably using the same insert as this one (both from CF)? And as such, there might not be much difference in terms of quality diff between this and the ZZF v3. The one thing I do notice is that the crystal looks like really top notch with the black hole effect..... very nice crystal.

Yes, the crystal seems superior, as do the crown guards. I wonder if this is actual 904L steel too as advertised.

Reactions: Rel

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
01aa8556471596183d44c55abe78607d.jpg

Vsf is almost perfect but I have a problem with the fat mercedes sign on hour hand.

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
01aa8556471596183d44c55abe78607d.jpg

Vsf is almost perfect but I have a problem with the fat mercedes sign on hour hand.

THE bigger problem on the VSF LV and all other factorys will be the dial color and sunburst, its to bright ( but depents on the light condition you look at. It can look like gen in some light condition but not in direct sunlight).
True hour Hand is a little fat but won t be that notice IRL.

Reactions: Rel and Tete

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
THE bigger problem on the VSF LV and all other factorys will be the dial color and sunburst, its to bright ( but depents on the light condition you look at. It can look like gen in some light condition but not in direct sunlight).
True hour Hand is a little fat but won t be that notice IRL.

Who currently has the most accurate dial in your opinion?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
[=trustytime;n9388139]

Hey Andrew is this CF v 1-10 the same used on the zzf v3 or does vsf does the extra work after getting the bezel from CF?

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Lugs clearly not as angles at the tips as gen or the vsf v1

CJS57

7/9/20
Hope the lower right lower lug to SEL doesn't have a noticeable gap like is showing in Andrew's picture. My VSF came through with gap there as well. Could not see it in the QC pics.

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
Who currently has the most accurate dial in your opinion?

Can t say for sure. I only saw the zzf v3 with gen side by side. They all look almost the same from pics. I Need to see ZZf v3, VSF, ZF and gen side by side in direct sunlight to judge, wich is the most accurate.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

It's not the same insert..

VSF explanation on why the engraving on the bezel insert looks thicker. Translated.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Lugs look way to thick on this hulk vsf compared to that new tt gen bluesy lugs shape hopefully it's an illusion
as for some gen insert having thicker font I've never seen that .I've seen hundreds and they all have the same inserts

Last edited:
Reactions: 7five7