• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust Prices? $700? $800? Just say no. HELL no.

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Were lucky enough to receive the watch we ordered.
That's just ridiculous. I pay my money to a vendor for whatever fake watch, and I expect to receive that fake watch. That's a pretty reasonable basic expectation.
It's a simple Supply and Demand issue that you are not grasping.
I understand supply and demand very well. I think it's you who doesn't understand what price gouging is.

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
That's just ridiculous. I pay my money to a vendor for whatever fake watch, and I expect to receive that fake watch. That's a pretty reasonable basic expectation.

I understand supply and demand very well. I think it's you who doesn't understand what price gouging is.

I trade in a product that is currently at 300% of what the 10 years price average is... does the consumer whine? For sure... but the price is as such cause there are people paying for it....

Who are the ones to determine whether its "price gouging" or not? If the market doesnt support such price, it will come down, lets take it easy and let the market decide...

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Why don't you try another td? Plenty tds listing datejust much lower.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

"No." You very clearly don't lmao.... Now take a deep breath and think this out.... You are buying illegal/counterfeit goods. You are not buying a pair of socks from Walmart. You are dealing with a whole different world where you have zero rights to any expectations.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
There isnt much to debate about it, frankly everything else is going up in price globally.

If demand drops, they will drop prices, if prices stays high then there are someone out there who is paying. There are alot more customer base out there other than RWI

It's funny how he's saying it's not a supply and demand issue but.... wants us to not buy it, which in doing so would bring down the DEMAND and eventually the price.

There is no universal standard as to what constitutes price gouging and there is no rule for what qualifies as price gouging.

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Price adjusted to $588 now, justified to buy yet?
BTW, how accurate is the VSF DJ41? Personally not too familiar with is model

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I love these threads by people who haven't been in the game long. What do you think of WM9 prices in the mid 2000's ? Frankly, you're still getting a bargain considering the accuracy of the pieces. If this affects you so much financially, then you can't afford the gen and you have no business having this on your wrist. many of us have Franken watches with thousands of dollars invested in them. Might be time for you to shop the Canal Street aisle.

Reactions: Yogibear and QueTip

watchdogg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/10
United States
If Cronos and San Martin can make a very high-quality Homage with a PT5000 movement for $275, this is all you need to know.

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
I love these threads by people who haven't been in the game long. What do you think of WM9 prices in the mid 2000's ? Frankly, you're still getting a bargain considering the accuracy of the pieces. If this affects you so much financially, then you can't afford the gen and you have no business having this on your wrist. many of us have Franken watches with thousands of dollars invested in them. Might be time for you to shop the Canal Street aisle.
You're missing the mark here. I have many dozens of named-factory quality reps. And I find this kind of inflation objectionable. Do you not?

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
I'm currently in the market for (another) one of these. Hont is selling them for $498. Local Dealer (non TD) is ordering from factory for me at the same price. Used prices sit at around $450. So I feel like the prices are in line with most of the other VSF and CF popular offerings right now. There are certainly dealers selling these things for a lot more but there's cheaper options if you shop around. I've also noticed a lot more for sale in various M2Ms so hopefully the price will continue to soften.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If Cronos and San Martin can make a very high-quality Homage with a PT5000 movement for $275, this is all you need to know.

Prices go up exponentially when the parts are illegal. It’s like comparing aspirin production to cocaine production.

Try and get a big factory to print a dial with Rolex on it and see if they offer homage prices.

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Prices stabilize at what the market will bear. And everything in the supply chain is going up, so end product prices go up. And people are continuing to buy at inflated prices (albeit perhaps attenuated a bit) so prices stay high. When people slow their buying activities then prices will fall.

If you don't like today's prices, don't buy the product. But you can't blame 'price gouging' when others continue to buy the product at a price you deem too high.

And as others have pointed out, the issues of economics within an illegal market throws a whole other set of parameters into the discussion.

Last edited:

reclaiimer

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/4/22
I am fairly certain these new VSF's are hybrids to be honest.

Just a weird feel with the post raid one I have compared to the pre raid I had

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Here's a graph for all of the dimwitted people who keep spouting off about how the inflation we are seeing is because of "supply chain issues" or "supply and demand". It is no different for the illegal counterfeit watches we love. As some people here said, some watch dealers are apparently selling these watches for under $500, while many others are trying to rape us up the ass for a couple extra hundred.
https://www.epi.org/blog/corporate-...to-inflation-how-should-policymakers-respond/

Reactions: watchdogg

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Still cheaper than the original…. Which is what this hobby of ours is all about. I was browsing for an AP ROO Dark knight and the rep prices for those have also skyrocketed. Good quality Rep hobby is no longer the poor man’s domain. Low prices are now for the AAA second rate replica domain. Ce la vie….

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
I am fairly certain these new VSF's are hybrids to be honest.

Just a weird feel with the post raid one I have compared to the pre raid I had

Maybe but maybe not. I looked myself like my life depended on it and was unable to spot even the slightest variation. In or outside…

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Here's a graph for all of the dimwitted people who keep spouting off about how the inflation we are seeing is because of "supply chain issues" or "supply and demand".

Ah yes, the extremely left biased EPA. Certainly a fair arbiter there but only for the dimwitted people who keep spouting off how the inflation we are seeing is NOT partially because of supply chain/supply & demand issues. For every quasi-statistic that they posit an equal and opposite statistic can be posited by the other side that refutes the EPA findings. The reason(s) for inflation is a combination of numerous economic factors, but saying that SC/S&D issues is/are not part of those factors is to ignore the obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan