• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust Prices? $700? $800? Just say no. HELL no.

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
I am after the same model too, it really looks stunning. Which TD did you get it from?

I purchased this from Andrew... I did reject the first QC photos due to a misaligned index; received this and it's perfect except for typical sharp case edges that I have started to work on.

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
You mean the underside of the case?

Yes... The rest of the watch is perfect, but all the way around the bottom edge of the case... you can almost shave with it. I don't know why they don't just smooth that edge so it's not so damn sharp! Same with my no date sub; sharp AF

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
I was just looking online to see what sort of new releases there are and I looked on the puretime site for example, where they've re listed VSF datejust 41 models at new, higher prices, in the $700-800 range.
It's not even a tourbillon or anything. WTF.

I will absolutely not support this kind of ridiculous price gouging and you shouldn't either.

This is the same way we got the inflation we're experiencing in the economy today. Corporations saw an opportunity where they could raise prices without facing a lot of retaliation from consumers because they could blame it on "the pandemic" or "supply chain issues" and because everybody else was doing it. But it's not like their costs went up a lot and they were just passing higher costs along to the consumers. Their costs went up a little, and they were also making record breaking profits.

Anyway, just say no to this price gouging. It's just wrong. Refuse to buy at these prices. Also, it is not just puretime. The prices are the same ridiculous prices at the other TDs like Trusty Time etc.
I heard Hont was selling at $528 not sure why these are so high. Naybe it's something I missed? ????‍♂️

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16
Bro. You Can’t compare 50£ beach reps with so called 1:1 quality reps. The quality is order of magnitude different and so is the price point.

Cost of finishing goes up exponentially with fit and finish enhancements. Clone movement vs 2813 movement also accounts for something like 100us difference. Top tier sapphire crystal also costs something like 100us more than the stuff you find on a 150us AAA rep.

Profits are high tho and I’m not justifying 700$ reps just saying that the machining costs alone go up significantly between low grade and top tier reps.
Disagree, I worked in luxury fashion for +9 years. I seen watches over $2,000 with less to offer than reps. I seen watches like from seiko's turtle +$300 that gives more value than reps. The numbers are false. Example, sapphire crystal is even used on the lense for iPhone cameras and many other items. I remember the sloppy manipulation Apple did when they started to use these crystals a few years back. They made me laugh!!! Seriously there's even suppliers on ebay selling sapphire crystal lenses for $15 for watches. The parts of all these things are cheap and so is the labor being a fraction of a fraction of what we see in Europe and the usa.

The only thing I can see that has value are the movements. On the contrary, my father has a $100 Patek Phillip Nautilus Fantasy watch for already +6 years and it still runs like a beast. So these +$600 reps are definitely price gouging.

EW vs VSF vs CLEAN; in this sense I see nearly $100 different on the prices for the same ass watch. EW is a 316L while the other two have 904L and slightly other spec differences. There is a tread here about the "BEST" Sub Hulk comparing about +8 factories. When the steel was tested...only ONE factory was telling the truth about being nearly fully 904L steel.

So boys be prepared that we are not getting exactly what we are told. And as we keep being very meticulous with the QC and removing part by part...we will see the truth if the black market that China has raised trillions on can finally be REAL & HONEST with their clients. China lies to the world devaluing their currency and never truly enforce counterfeiting laws because it brings alot of new money to their makers. They are playing both sides. The news is full of lies.

P.s. Has anyone seen a real RAID happen in China with these factories? I am sure the country full of corruption and these factories can simply pay people off to look the other way and find a new factory location down the block.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I heard Hont was selling at $528 not sure why these are so high. Naybe it's something I missed? ????*♂️

All VSF Rollies have high price tags. VSF is like a premium brand now in the rep world.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
So boys be prepared that we are not getting exactly what we are told.

Most of us know this, we are after all dealing with illegal, unregulated markets and products and lots of unscrupulous characters......
Its no surprise then that we get shafted from time to time and the prices for reps have skyrocketed recently.

Reactions: Yogibear

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Disagree, I worked in luxury fashion for +9 years. I seen watches over $2,000 with less to offer than reps.

Seriously there's even suppliers on ebay selling sapphire crystal lenses for $15 for watches.

You’d have to be an idiot to buy a 2k “gen” fashion watch lol.

Also I don’t think you appreciate quality if you think a $15 ebay sapphire crystal compares with a $150 sapphire crystal.

The cheap one will have a raised milky rim, will probably polarise the light reflected from the dial giving it a blue hue or whatever, won’t be machined flat to the same tolerance as the top tier item....it’ll basically look shit. You simply have to pay an order of magnitude more to get gen like quality on many parts (not all).

It’s the same with fit and finish, polishing and bevelling. Prices go up exponentially with enhanced machining - when you compare beach quality reps with so called 1:1 quality reps.

Fashion fashion industry workers don’t always appreciated the cost of engineering.

I’m not justifying the cost of 800us reps. All I am saying is that the quality difference between parts used on a 150us canal street rep and a 600us rep are an order of magnitude difference.

Radolux

Known Member
11/9/21

Also I don’t think you appreciate quality if you think a $15 ebay sapphire crystal compares with a $150 sapphire crystal.

The cheap one will have a raised milky rim, will probably polarise the light reflected from the dial giving it a blue hue or whatever, won’t be machined flat to the same tolerance as the top tier item....it’ll basically look shit. You simply have to pay an order of magnitude more to get gen like quality on many parts (not all).

It’s the same with fit and finish, polishing and bevelling. Prices go up exponentially with enhanced machining - when you compare beach quality reps with so called 1:1 quality reps.

Fashion fashion industry workers don’t always appreciated the cost of engineering.

I’m not justifying the cost of 800us reps. All I am saying is that the quality difference between parts used on a 150us canal street rep and a 600us rep are an order of magnitude difference.

Production costs canalstreet rep is a couple of bucks.
Production costs of an $800 rep is same ratio.
It’s just ridiculous.

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16

$2,000 on a fashion watch is insane yes. But atleast some are Swiss Made from white labeling companies like Gervill (ETA Movements too). The Gervill gold plating is elite by the way. One of the best on the market in my opinion for their top tier time pieces. You can see them on Versace watches (Not Versus Versace).

P.s. My $100 Seiko 5 Two Tone beater watch still has its plating as if it qas the same day I bought it...so still don't see the justification of very expensive reps. $300-$500 should be the range depending on movements, because we already proved and know they are jot saying the full truth regarding 904L steel nowadays.

My thing is I own a +$500 AP rep, and had my hands on canal street Rollie reps many times. I don't see the "major" differences your saying. Top it's about +5 slight differences from crown, pearls, hands, fonts, etc. I seen $100 canal street reps with correct polishing too.. Most of these details are so small many can't even tell. Why don't we just buy canal street reps and then install great Movements, and gen parts (bracelet, Dial, Hands, Bezel)??? The $500 could get you a gen dial, some hands, and/or movement. At that point you know what you are truly getting.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Why don't we just buy canal street reps and then install great Movements, and gen parts (bracelet, Dial, Hands, Bezel)??? The $500 could get you a gen dial, some hands, and/or movement. At that point you know what you are truly getting.
No one is stopping you. Once you’ve built your $600 Franken, pop some photos here to show us how it should be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
$2,000 on a fashion watch is insane yes. But atleast some are Swiss Made from white labeling companies like Gervill (ETA Movements too). The Gervill gold plating is elite by the way. One of the best on the market in my opinion for their top tier time pieces.

Next you’re going to be telling everybody to go buy a Steinhart

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
$2,000 on a fashion watch is insane yes. But atleast some are Swiss Made from white labeling companies like Gervill (ETA Movements too). The Gervill gold plating is elite by the way. One of the best on the market in my opinion for their top tier time pieces. You can see them on Versace watches (Not Versus Versace).

P.s. My $100 Seiko 5 Two Tone beater watch still has its plating as if it qas the same day I bought it...so still don't see the justification of very expensive reps. $300-$500 should be the range depending on movements, because we already proved and know they are jot saying the full truth regarding 904L steel nowadays.

My thing is I own a +$500 AP rep, and had my hands on canal street Rollie reps many times. I don't see the "major" differences your saying. Top it's about +5 slight differences from crown, pearls, hands, fonts, etc. I seen $100 canal street reps with correct polishing too.. Most of these details are so small many can't even tell. Why don't we just buy canal street reps and then install great Movements, and gen parts (bracelet, Dial, Hands, Bezel)??? The $500 could get you a gen dial, some hands, and/or movement. At that point you know what you are truly getting.

I don't understand the people that can't comprehend quality differences lol. Btw Gervill plating is PVD process. BP uses it too. Seiko started it.