• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Yup. The 25€ Borealis strap is by far the best rubber out there. The buckle looks brand new after 2 years of use. Those VSF rubber straps for Omega PO don't come anywhere near quality wise.
​​​​​​
IMG-20190413-100918.jpg

lol nice Tuna buddy! I have the exact same one, but I have it on different strap & not oem either.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Back on point....
I just got mine yesterday afternoon & this one is the bomb! I might have to get it in blue too as it is so nice. I have not had time to adjust the bracelet other then to just inspect it and figure out how the micro adjust works so I just threw it on a nice leather strap I already had. It'll go back on the bracelet soon as it is really nice, The micro adjust is a thing of beauty. It lets you adjust the bracelet in 6 different positions each of which is about 1.5mm different than the next for a total adjustment of nearly 1cm. I also took the liberty of photographing the back and comparing it to the pic on the Omega website. I am not an movement expert, but DANG without a loop this thing is really hard to distinguish from the gen and even then you would really have to know what to look for. More pics to come....

Reactions: vcappp

Scoobiedooo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/19
Uk
Ive been close to pulling the trigger on a gen for a while, struggling to decide between black or blue. Looks like I can have both now for a fraction of the cost.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
lol nice Tuna buddy! I have the exact same one, but I have it on different strap & not oem either.

Thanks man, my favorite watch :) Only the SMP has stolen this much wrist time, others don't come close..
As a Tuna owner you can surely appreciate a well built watch - wouldn't you say that the SMP rep is outstandingly well built compared to the Tuna? In my eyes it feels just as solid - and the Tuna's build quality is pretty damn amazing.

colorao01

10/3/10
Hi I have dude choose blue or black, at the end the Blue color is like the gen ? or it's not the same

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
My pleasure mate, I'm sure you will absolutely love it :)

I've gone through the last ten pages but didn't find mentioned (whether you did or not), which td did you use?
I've seen loads of misaligned 12 hour marker qcs, (especially from one particular td) but you seem to have been either very lucky, have rejected a lot of watches or got a good picker from your td :D

Pyknic

24/10/17
I've gone through the last ten pages but didn't find mentioned (whether you did or not), which td did you use?
I've seen loads of misaligned 12 hour marker qcs, (especially from one particular td) but you seem to have been either very lucky, have rejected a lot of watches or got a good picker from your td :D

I've uploaded some pics of mine in here, and i used Sead. I told him to make sure date and markers are all as perfect as possible and to take his time.

This is what i like about the smaller TDs.. a bit more of a personal service.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13

It's all about the relationship you have with your TD. They pay much more attention after I bought loads of watches from them and I give them very particular instructions on what details they should focus. Their QC team is very responsive and cooperative, but they do make poor QC photos. I just ask for more if I'm not 100%sure. My TD is Intime.

Devious21

Horology Curious
27/1/19
Make some friends. Special friends. Special online friends. Then you can PM them the pics. I don't mind taking a look at these for you if you like. But don't think that this makes us special friends ;)

I just got my QC pics after a long wait and want to make sure I do a sanity check before I say yes. If there's anyone interested in taking a look, I'll PM them over.

Thanks

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
It's all about the relationship you have with your TD. They pay much more attention after I bought loads of watches from them and I give them very particular instructions on what details they should focus. Their QC team is very responsive and cooperative, but they do make poor QC photos. I just ask for more if I'm not 100%sure. My TD is Intime.

It's correct that a TD would pick better pieces for trusted clients which already bought a lot from them, although i gotta say that I think they are pushing way too much defective pieces to the new buyers..
Anyway, good thing is that with a little patience you can actually find pretty good pieces just like yours, waaay too many bad ones just a couple months ago

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
It's correct that a TD would pick better pieces for trusted clients which already bought a lot from them, although i gotta say that I think they are pushing way too much defective pieces to the new buyers..
Anyway, good thing is that with a little patience you can actually find pretty good pieces just like yours, waaay too many bad ones just a couple months ago

I had a fair share of crappy ones over the years too and I thought it was my fault for not noticing the flaws. Then I saw that my TD got watches, which had the exact flaws I asked him to avoid at all cost. Then I realized I have to find another TD :) Like Joseph Paul Watson would say:"Some TDs are better than others". :)
I tried every single TD that offers triangle shipping and Ryan has proven to offer the best service. I hope it stays this way.

Reactions: leo6929

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
I had a fair share of crappy ones over the years too and I thought it was my fault for not noticing the flaws. Then I saw that my TD got watches, which had the exact flaws I asked him to avoid at all cost. Then I realized I have to find another TD :) Like Joseph Paul Watson would say:"Some TDs are better than others". :)
I tried every single TD that offers triangle shipping and Ryan has proven to offer the best service. I hope it stays this way.

After spending thousands of dollars with Toro, I thought I had a decent relationship with him/them/whatever. I ordered in early March; 5 weeks, 4 rejected watches and a refund later, I'm going with Intime. There are indeed alot of badly placed pearls and mis-aligned 12 markers just waiting for an unsuspecting customer.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Finally said OK to the third grey one my dealer mary offered me, plus I got bored waiting as it had been 8 weeks since I paid.

I complained on the first about the high position of the date wheel in the window. Funny thing is, when I saw this afterwards on ebay. I felt bad for moaning

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Sea...EAAOSwylBcPwu1

Seems omega arnt that bothered about getting it nicely centered either... Or is it a rep :)

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Finally said OK to the third grey one my dealer mary offered me, plus I got bored waiting as it had been 8 weeks since I paid.

I complained on the first about the high position of the date wheel in the window. Funny thing is, when I saw this afterwards on ebay. I felt bad for moaning

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Sea...EAAOSwylBcPwu1

Seems omega arnt that bothered about getting it nicely centered either... Or is it a rep :)

Looks rep to me - it's got the prototype (too big) pearl, and the 12 markers don't look quite right - although they're much better than anything I was seeing in my QC pics. But, the seller looks reputable (why the private feedback tho), so maybe that's just me being picky. Looking more, I just don't know. Somebody does, tho.

Last edited:

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16

Yes, I agree. I gave Ryan specific instructions that the bezel on my SMP had to be symmetrical, otherwise my OCD tendencies would drive me insane :woo:

I got this beauty on the first QC.
VcGdVr.jpg

Got the crystal upgrade from @rnrprof

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Yes, I agree. I gave Ryan specific instructions that the bezel on my SMP had to be symmetrical, otherwise my OCD tendencies would drive me insane :woo:

I got this beauty on the first QC.
VcGdVr.jpg

Got the crystal upgrade from @rnrprof

Looks like your 3 marker fell off?

Reactions: vcappp

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Thanks man, my favorite watch :) Only the SMP has stolen this much wrist time, others don't come close..
As a Tuna owner you can surely appreciate a well built watch - wouldn't you say that the SMP rep is outstandingly well built compared to the Tuna? In my eyes it feels just as solid - and the Tuna's build quality is pretty damn amazing.

I think my Tuna is my favorite watch at the moment too. Here is mine at the beach in FL last week. The Tuna is one heck of a watch. It is considerably more expensive than the 2018 smp rep as I guess most nice watches are. For $1000 I don't think you can find anything that is built any better than the Tuna and this 2018 smp is 1/3 the cost and holds up really well to the Tuna quality wise. The AR on the crystal is outstanding and the Dial is just mesmorizing. I wore my new 2018 smp rep today all day and frequently caught myself glancing at the time just to look at the beauty of the watch.

My Tuna says hi to your Tuna:

Devious21

Horology Curious
27/1/19
For those that have received theirs, what's needed to resize the bracelet? Is it tiny screw drivers like gen? Is there loctite?