• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I've already done research on removing/ repositioning insert. I have a small watch tool kit that was recommended here with a tool for removing the bezel. I just would hate to mess up a brand new watch.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I've already done research on removing/ repositioning insert. I have a small watch tool kit that was recommended here with a tool for removing the bezel. I just would hate to mess up a brand new watch.

Somewhere in this thread someone explained how to reposition the insert with a hairdryer. Lume looks good to me.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Cool, thanks for the lume comment. The picture is so bright I wasn't sure if it was just masking the yellow lume or what.

I've seen a few threads about fixing the insert. I'm pretty confident I could get the bezel off with out fat fingering it, I'm just not sure what's happening under there and am nervous to put it back correctly without special press and what not.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Cool, thanks for the lume comment. The picture is so bright I wasn't sure if it was just masking the yellow lume or what.

I've seen a few threads about fixing the insert. I'm pretty confident I could get the bezel off with out fat fingering it, I'm just not sure what's happening under there and am nervous to put it back correctly without special press and what not.

the hairdryer method works without removing the bezel if I recall correctly. Its just to soften the glue under the insert so you can reposition it into place and then keep it there until its settled. Less risk of breaking anything.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Oh cool....that would be perfect. I'll have to look that up. I've read this whole thread (I'm on vacation in the mountains, lol) and I didn't remember seeing that- maybe I need to start again:p

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Not sure, it could have been in the NTTD thread, but I recall it being about this 300m model as I made n mental note cause my blue ons is also like that. But in real life it doesnt bother me, even though i thought it would

watchcollector9989

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
3/3/19
Dears
Below is my 2nd QC pics. Still there is over spit lume at 6 oclock marker.
Should i reject again or it wont be obvious in reall.
I need expert help

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Dears
Below is my 2nd QC pics. Still there is over spit lume at 6 oclock marker.
Should i reject again or it wont be obvious in reall.
I need expert help

Seems like it's becoming a disappointing norm for VSF Omegas to have lume spill on their markers. I don't remember it happening so often in the past. Looks like their attentions have been diverted to the more profitable Rolex range. I recently acquired a Seamster Nekton with multiple lume spills on the markers too. Having said that, yours looks ok imo. I'd GL that!

fauxtogo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/1/20
IMHO, you are being too picky about the pearl, they are often a bit off center. That is a very small shift to the right. I'd be more concerned about the hour markers. Are the 12h markers parallel and do the 9 and 3 stay level.

Overall, I think your QC photos look as good as any i've seen recently. There are a lot of things to screw up on this model, and none of the reps are going to be 100% perfect in every way. If you have a well aligned bezel, hour markers, and date wheel, I'd happily accept that pearl placement.

andriod

Horology Curious
26/8/20
I ordered the same watch as well, but had issues with the 12h markers, the 2 white vertical bars aren't parallel to each other: on first look I notice one of it to be slightly slanted. Also, one of the bar is higher than the other.
Requested for additional QC photos, and it isn't the sapphire glass playing tricks or reflection.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Pic of a gen just to show the domed lume. It’s been mentioned before that the rep’s lume is domed too much. This looks exactly the same to me
ZsDRqK.jpg

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I also think that also has to do with the indices’ rims ons the gen is thicker than on the rep. So on the rep the ratio is off and it appears if there is more lume maybe

Reactions: Replisimio

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Is the YG/SS model discussed in this thread or is there another thread for that? Searched but cant find it... VSF just released it