• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Just noticed a small 3 sticker on the back of mine, I'm assuming this is for V3 ?
326dd2954a4e8b2d92adfbb65eddddc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: chentepilot

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Just noticed a small 3 sticker on the back of mine, I'm assuming this is for V3 ?
326dd2954a4e8b2d92adfbb65eddddc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not sure it means that as vsf have different numbered stickers on other watches too. They have certainly been upgrading this as time has gone on though. It’s probably 18 months since I last had one and see a lot of change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Not sure it means that as vsf have different numbered stickers on other watches too. They have certainly been upgrading this as time has gone on though. It’s probably 18 months since I last had one and see a lot of change.

wonder what they mean, must have some meaning for the factory otherwise pointless to put them on

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I think those are just quality control tags. Not sure, though.

Reactions: sukwonee

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Oh hmm.... Mine is just hard to turn but the clicks seem good.
There might be more to it than this, but I believe that the shape of the bezel has a lot to do with how difficult it is to turn. This has always been an issue for me, but apparently must not bother too many people because the Seamaster has been an extremely popular watch for Omega over the years.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Flat lumes are better? I thought gens are domed?

Yeah rep lumes are too domed.

Basically the 3 main flaws of the "old" V2 are 1. Lume color being too green/yellow 2. Marker lume being too domed 3. CG shape or Crown sticking too far out from the CG.

Looks like this new batch of V2 addressed all 3 plus they redid the endlinks on the metal bracelet to be more flat.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
There might be more to it than this, but I believe that the shape of the bezel has a lot to do with how difficult it is to turn. This has always been an issue for me, but apparently must not bother too many people because the Seamaster has been an extremely popular watch for Omega over the years.

Probably because 99% of owners will never use the bezel

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Wow. Looks like i’m gonna have to put in an order for this and the Nekton after their CNY holiday ends! Sold my previous piece cos the urine markers were too ugly to me. Well done, VSF!

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Yes the lume is good now.
My only bug on the watch now really is the bracelet polished strips. On the gen they have a small amount of roundness to the edges of each piece where’s vsf’s are practically flat in profile. You notice this the most when you look at the sel and first link. Sel is much improved and pretty close to gen but not the bracelet.
First pic vsf and second is gen. rep actually looks better in the photo but on the wrist they can look flat if you know what I mean.
589c34b52030b24b18ddb8cc30e08d99.jpg

bc914f64c12b7cde733e0e970f75dc60.png

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Yeah i can see the difference. But not gonna make much difference to me since i only wear these bad boys on the rubber strap.

Reactions: Replisimio

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Replisimio

What's interesting about that is I think the previous V2 bracelet's polished strips were too rounded lol. I still think these flat polished strips are an improvement over the previous version (tbh I much prefer the rubber strap on SMP personally anyway lol)

I hope we see these upgrades on the other color dials after CNY.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Replisimio

What's interesting about that is I think the previous V2 bracelet's polished strips were too rounded lol. I still think these flat polished strips are an improvement over the previous version (tbh I much prefer the rubber strap on SMP personally anyway lol)

I hope we see these upgrades on the other color dials after CNY.

I think a lot of it is down to qc as well on these. Might get a rubber strap for mine at some point.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
ZCHltb.jpg

I must say that the lume on the Gen isnt really less domed than on my older version.

I will try to find the thread that showed side by side comparison on the markers (I saw it here on RWI).

But assuming that your pic above is Gen, then my version of VSF looks pretty darn close to gen, even the lume colors too :)

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
thanx, I will check that thead out again. I am pretty sure that is a gen. The bit of the bracelet you can see is definitely gen though.

That pic is very obviously gen! Some earlier vsf had very domed lume but they are now only slightly domed like gen and of course whiter too.