• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Rose gold? I'm thinking that the rose gold borders help hide any off white color cast.

Also having a hard time deciding between black and rose gold or blue and rose gold. Yellow gold seems too sporty for me.

This is the yellow gold. The rose is noticeably more red color.

I leave whether it looks good or bad and let the pictures do the talking on the issue of lume.

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
FINALLY. HOOO BOY.

That was a lot of reading. 173 pages of discussion on just this one family of watches!

I'm interested in the black dial version https://puretimewatch.io/2018-seama...ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

Tl;dr from reading an insane number of posts in this thread / my takeaways / summary:
V1 had wrong color balance wheel. Nobody should be selling ones with wrong balance wheels by now.
Frediiii did a really cool swap with a geniune sellita movement
The decoration appears to be glued on the rotor/back of the movement. This means you can't get access the regulator to adjust the watch :(
Check for midlinks on the bracelet (v2 bracelet should have skinnier/longer midlinks which match gen) see: post #2158
OMF vs VSF: check the jewel on the shock protection system, OMF jewel is the wrong color, VSF is right see: post #24 (also some people saying bezel pip is wrong on OMF but I'm not sure of this)
Some early VSF didn't have red gasket under the helium crown, by now all should have but also, who's actually messing with the helium crown on a rep watch?
whole discussion over whether the lume is too yellow. No consensus, but probably just a lighting issue, maybe bad later batch?

GENneral should put (maybe this) summary / a better summary in the first post in the thread so that more impatient people don't have to spend literal hours of their lives reading 173 pages of posts... The signal to noise ratio is high

Big thank yous to the following people for their helpful posts in this thread:

QC:
Therion666
k4jun
kobe24

modding:
frediiii
JMK

now I'm gonna do something more productive with my life

markrubyred

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/19
FINALLY. HOOO BOY.

That was a lot of reading. 173 pages of discussion on just this one family of watches!

I'm interested in the black dial version https://puretimewatch.io/2018-seama...ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

Tl;dr from reading an insane number of posts in this thread / my takeaways / summary:
V1 had wrong color balance wheel. Nobody should be selling ones with wrong balance wheels by now.
The decoration appears to be glued on the rotor/back of the movement. This means you can't get access the regulator to adjust the watch :(
Check for midlinks on the bracelet (v2 bracelet should have skinnier/longer midlinks which match gen) see: post #2158
OMF vs VSF: check the jewel on the shock protection system, OMF jewel is the wrong color, VSF is right see: post #24 (also some people saying bezel pip is wrong on OMF but I'm not sure of this)
Some early VSF didn't have red gasket under the helium crown, by now all should have but also, who's actually messing with the helium crown on a rep watch?
whole discussion over whether the lume is too yellow. No consensus, but probably just a lighting issue, maybe bad later batch?

GENneral should put (maybe this) summary / a better summary in the first post in the thread so that more impatient people don't have to spend literal hours of their lives reading 173 pages of posts... The signal to noise ratio is high

Big thank yous to the following people for their helpful posts in this thread:

QC:
Therion666
k4jun
kobe24

modding:
frediiii
JMK

now I'm gonna do something more productive with my life

I read the same thread before I pulled the trigger on the same Omega SM diver 300 VSF 1:1 on SS bracelet (later edition) you are interested in and all I can say is go for it. It looks and feels so much better then Puretimes pics (no video???) I have some shots OTW and the red Seamaster and second hand marker contrast and really pop on the black wave dial perfectly. I have the correct bracelet with the wider center links, and the decorated 8800 is spot on with the black balance wheel. I was not even aware of the red O-Ring on the HRV, but don't want to mess with it. The decorated 2824 keeps excellent time (much better then my gen's) and have no complaints. DW is perfectly centered and lume markers are excellent as well. Good luck with the purchase.

kiori

Looking Around
18/10/19
Anyone who hates the lume on their Seamasters, PM me and I'll buy it off you :)

I ordered and approved QC of the gray dial on bracelet (pics will follow a few days later), and am more than happy to add the black dial rose gold bezel (on rubber strap or the SS bracelet (not the dual tone bracelet) / black dial black bezel to my collection :)

Subdued

20/11/19
Hi guys. It is possible to source just the dial only of this watch? If I need to change into a new dial color?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

I don't think so. Katt worked on mine. At first he said he might not be able to get the rotor off to get at the regulator etc, but somehow he figured it out and wound replacing a few parts and servicing my entire watch. I know he regulated it as well so it is possible to get it apart.

Reactions: rabl253

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I have this watch and think it's fantastic. No one is ever going to notice it has a deco bridge on ETA movement...no one is ever going to notice the bracelet is wrong. The watch is beautiful.

edwinkx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/12
yea this new VSF is already updated with the new bracelet... it just looks.... GOOD. went to an AD checked out the GEN and TBH the issues with the lume many pointed out.. it just isn't there.. (not sure abt the white dial.. but i am holding onto the blue dial one and it just looks spot on if you scrutinize it like a normal person instead of an AD with a lupe you honestly can't spot stuff with a glance.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Can you replace the dial?

Even if you could do it, it seems to me that it wouldn't be a good idea for a whole bunch of reasons.

Ok, so first of all why would you want to? Im assuming because of all the chatter about lume. Something else?

Lume is not nearly as bad as some here would have you believe & even if it was or if it bothered you so much that you just have to do something then replacing the dial is NOT going to be my 1st option. My reasoning is that if you were to replace the dial with a gen it would be super EXPENSIVE.

If I really wanted to do something about it I would just have the dial re-lumed which would be a relatively easy thing for anyone that knows how to do this sort of thing

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Even if you could do it, it seems to me that it wouldn't be a good idea for a whole bunch of reasons.

Ok, so first of all why would you want to? Im assuming because of all the chatter about lume. Something else?

Lume is not nearly as bad as some here would have you believe & even if it was or if it bothered you so much that you just have to do something then replacing the dial is NOT going to be my 1st option. My reasoning is that if you were to replace the dial with a gen it would be super EXPENSIVE.

If I really wanted to do something about it I would just have the dial re-lumed which would be a relatively easy thing for anyone that knows how to do this sort of thing

Yep. Send that watch to Natas78 and you will have a super pro working on your watch. Bye bye lume problem (although I don't see it as an issue)

Subdued

20/11/19

Thanks for the response sir. Actually I wanna replace since 2 of the hour makers are flat not “bumpy” and it is noticeable in certain angles. Do you have any solution on this? Im not bothered with the lume. Hope you can help. Thanks.