• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Has anyone tried a gen xtal yet? Although this xtal is very close to gen..

Space Taco

Horology Curious
9/1/21
USA
Recent pic before sending it off to oascom for a service. Miss it already.

Z48w3I.jpg

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Lift angle should be 55 not 59.

So your amplitude of 294 is falsely high. True amplitude is around 270 - 280 which is fine.

Post 2825

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-72-hours-power-reserve?p=9735768#post9735768

I have talk to some watchsmiths in town and also did some search and i got told that the rolex technical documentation has been revised to show lift angle of 53°. The angles in this new escapement are completely new. The angle of the pallet fork arm and the pallet stones are new design. there are now, two angles on the escape wheel teeth.

In absence of any official confirmation and a non-believe of 53 of 55 degrees, we can use the following information:
Lift angle 53 -> amplitude = X degrees
Lift angle 54 -> amplitude = X+6 degrees
Lift angle 55 -> amplitude = X+12 degrees

If one measures with 55 but the movement has a lift angle of 53 degrees, then the timegrapher result for the amplitude is 12 degrees too high. I'm still wonder why vsf shared a completely different information wonder if their vs3235 has some sort modifications.

Richarris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/2/21
I'd like to rotate the crown on mine so the logo faces upwards. Anyone got a quick guide to removing the crown, and can I simply pop out, rotate 45 degrees and push back in?

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
I'd like to rotate the crown on mine so the logo faces upwards. Anyone got a quick guide to removing the crown, and can I simply pop out, rotate 45 degrees and push back in?

You can’t do that
It all depends of the threads on tube and crown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

So I'm finally interested in trying this model out but these date windows look really low. Does anyone have a 126610 model where the number's 20 and up are centered? I've been told that they're all like this at the moment. Not sure if it's always been like this or if the most recent batch VSF put out is lower oriented in the 20+ number range for their dates?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Received my LV.
8707-B5-E2-F829-4-E8-A-ADF7-B2-A87-F939948.jpg

There are slight differences when comparing it to my LN that ordered after New Year and before CNY:

edges are smoother,

better sel

crystal and cyclops is slightly clearer,

cyclops has better halo,

movement seems less solid - it’s louder than on my LV.
on my LV I can barely hear rotor and when it spins it sound very solid,

cyclops distort date when date is close to the edge, my LV doesn’t distort date,
A52-DE030-F6-CD-4-EAB-80-A3-335-E772-E2-A27.jpg

clasp is more accurate, has better click but in my opinion it feels slightly less solid than older clasp on my LN.

both are cracking reps, very gen like. No need to franken!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I have talk to some watchsmiths in town and also did some search and i got told that the rolex technical documentation has been revised to show lift angle of 53°. The angles in this new escapement are completely new. The angle of the pallet fork arm and the pallet stones are new design. there are now, two angles on the escape wheel teeth.

In absence of any official confirmation and a non-believe of 53 of 55 degrees, we can use the following information:
Lift angle 53 -> amplitude = X degrees
Lift angle 54 -> amplitude = X+6 degrees
Lift angle 55 -> amplitude = X+12 degrees

If one measures with 55 but the movement has a lift angle of 53 degrees, then the timegrapher result for the amplitude is 12 degrees too high. I'm still wonder why vsf shared a completely different information wonder if their vs3235 has some sort modifications.

Interesting info bro, thanks for posting.

I would think that the new lift angle of 53 would apply only if a tested movement had both a gen escape wheel and pallet fork though (and probably a gen balance assembly as well). The VS3235 did not replicate the escape wheel or pallet fork but used a non-perforated escape wheel and a normal (thicker pallet stone) pallet fork. IDK if the arc on the rep impulse pin is the same as the gen.

So for the VSF reps, I believe 55 should still be used for the lift angle, as I measured that angle manually.

If a gen escape wheel and pallet fork (and maybe the balance assembly also) are installed, then based on your information a lift angle of 53 looks appropriate.

I will have to manually measure mine again, as I did install a gen escape wheel and pallet fork (but not a gen balance assembly yet).

Zk1fuY.jpg

Zk1Rns.jpg

Z44cLI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I also measured manually the lift angle on a VS3235 I was servicing and I personally confirm what [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] says.

It’s correct at 55º, regardless what VSF may say.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
sorry for the trivial question, but the only difference between LV and LN is the color of the insert?