• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It looks fine. This whole fat hand thing, they look fat or thin in different lighting. Upon looking at both of mine with a loupe, the Y inside the hour hand is the same width as the border around it.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Thanks for this review, great info and beautiful 116610 pictures from you all.
I’m not sure if I miss this, but does anyone mention something about the vsf case shape, basically lugs size and lug angle curvature compared to Gen?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks for this review, great info and beautiful 116610 pictures from you all.
I’m not sure if I miss this, but does anyone mention something about the vsf case shape, basically lugs size and lug angle curvature compared to Gen?

Did you miss the pictures just three posts above?

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Did you miss the pictures just three posts above?

yes i noticed, but for some reason my post came below yours, now is more clear how close to Gen this case is, considering cg are very well shaped too. This is a huge improvement from those noob and arf cases.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Nice ! Can you say a bit about the tube change ? Was the case countersunk/counterbored ? Did you have to retap ? Thanks in advance !!

gen tube is not necessary imo. I fitted just the crown and fitted well with vsf tube. I think he got it as a set so might as well install it together

Reactions: BiH855

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Is franken-ing really necessary for VSF you guys think? If I could swap out the rehaut somehow, I think it might (and I really mean "might") be worthwhile, but other than the hands (which btw are fricken ridiculously expensive) I just don't see much added value for swapping other parts out to gen. DW may be too I guess... but VSF looks pretty close.

Blackswan54

Horology Curious
17/12/19
Is franken-ing really necessary for VSF you guys think? If I could swap out the rehaut somehow, I think it might (and I really mean "might") be worthwhile, but other than the hands (which btw are fricken ridiculously expensive) I just don't see much added value for swapping other parts out to gen. DW may be too I guess... but VSF looks pretty close.

I am as interested as you are!

My 2 cents (based on the 3 Gen parts I have lol):

Xtal- First impression is perhaps the xtal is slightly better but definitely not worth the 300 odd quid (which doubles the cost of the watch!!!) in my very inexperienced opinion.

Hands- TBH, it’s super tough for me to tell any difference with the hands unless I am splitting hairs. Maybe the gens are slightly - but ever so slightly - more 3D. Again not worth doubling the cost for perhaps a 1% improvement!

DW - For me, the DW is probably something (only a if you were looking for differences, again) that some numbers, more than others are every so slightly different.

Going to take the Gen DW, Hands and Xtal off my ZZF and swap to the VSF only cos I have the parts. Will try take some before and after pics on the VSF, although caveat that I don’t have a macro lens. Will try do it next week if I get some time.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
gen tube is not necessary imo. I fitted just the crown and fitted well with vsf tube. I think he got it as a set so might as well install it together

I have the parts ready but will most likely not change the tube if the case is not already counterbored, so nice to hear the crown fits the vsf tube well !

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
Tube fits without drilling. Fits plug&play. Gen crystal with gen crystal gasket, gen tube and crown, gen case gasket and my watch is waterproof to 10atm. This is why I changed the tube.

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18

Here you can see it...

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
The only thing is the insert pearl. The colour is greyish as compared to gen pearl. I feel gen insert is necessary, imo

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
We’ve come along way.

2019 VRF Max lool
7ccf0fdd8cdfb460a63668c89236e87a.jpg

2019 Noob v9
8a01b8227236ca48e2dae2e0414b7311.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: De Kev

BlackIceBob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/14
No, not that bad at the time. The sa3135 was a time bomb and parts were scarce. The insert was so dark that we had to resort to sharpie mods :p

Still loving my new VSF :)

So just how many Sub reps do you own, Raban? ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk