• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
046675d6814617ed62551afc3e6110c9.jpg

Well, I just baught one. Even though I'm not a Rolex guy, this one will probably get sold out and be hard to get, so, adding it to the collection.

Reactions: eazye

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Well, I just baught one. Even though I'm not a Rolex guy, this one will probably get sold out and be hard to get, so, adding it to the collection.

why should it get sold out? vsf already sells 3 subs 116, they have cases bracelets and movements en masse, or do you think they will stop producing black inserts and dials ?

Reactions: ColumnWheel

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
why should it get sold out? vsf already sells 3 subs 116, they have cases bracelets and movements en masse, or do you think they will stop producing black inserts and dials ?

VSF has a front legitimate business making watches so I think they will we on the game for a while that being said in the rep world nothing is assured, imagine if they get raided then you will have to wait a long time to get your hands on one or you don't if the case will be as good as it is now.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
VSF has a front legitimate business making watches so I think they will we on the game for a while that being said in the rep world nothing is assured, imagine if they get raided then you will have to wait a long time to get your hands on one or you don't if the case will be as good as it is now.

ah sure, you're right same happened to noob last year iirc.. now you made me scared, think I'll pull the trigger :D

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
For anyone interested, a macro comparison of VSF "fat" hour hand vs Gen. Other than the finishing being superior on the Gen the only difference in shape I see is the bottom of the triangle. Gen is flat, VSF is curved like the Star Trek Space Force Logo.

Good pics, you can make
Out the boarders all around the vsf are slightly thicker it’s minimal but makes that difference visually when not under macro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
The only slight error i see on this as said before is the R on the rehaut does this affect you guys or do you think its ok

sincron

Horology Curious
23/10/20
Good pics, you can make
Out the boarders all around the vsf are slightly thicker it’s minimal but makes that difference visually when not under macro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the photos.
Here we can see the VSF hand (translucent in clear) superimposed on the original
If the macro is taken at exactly the same distance, the hour hand is a little longer, you can see that the point of the triangle is longer if you superimpose one photo over another.
But as I say, if there is a difference in distance in the macro, it could even be almost exact, except for the appreciation you make at the base of the white triangle

Reactions: BobMartian

SS72

WTB 2201.50.00
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Other way around you can tell by the dial variation vsf made theirs based on. Left is vsf and right is gen. Looks like the Gen is either from 2012 or 2016. Vsf did an amazing job. I'm really happy with mine.

Yep. Scary that we have to go to these lengths to identify a gen from a fake, especially if you're buying a gen online. As soon as people start swapping in a free sprung balance (which I believe has been confirmed as compatible), it's going to be very scary.

The gen is 2010.

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
Hi,

I ordered 2 VSF 116610 and I have just look at my QC pictures and the Clasp Codes.

One seems 7QJ and the other SQ9

Can someone please help me confirm that these are both actually from VSF factory? Would really appreciate it.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Hi,

I ordered 2 VSF 116610 and I have just look at my QC pictures and the Clasp Codes.

One seems 7QJ and the other SQ9

Can someone please help me confirm that these are both actually from VSF factory? Would really appreciate it.

You order a 116610ln and a 116619LB not the same watch. Hence why you have different clasp serials, they are both from vsf, smurf is different clasp serial because of the extra engraving the smurf comes with.

Reactions: Tete and federik91

petethai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/20
You order a 116610ln and a 116619LB not the same watch. Hence why you have different clasp serials, they are both from vsf, smurf is different clasp serial because of the extra engraving the smurf comes with.

Hi, Super thanks for the reply. Sorry for asking, but how can you see they are both from VSF?? The clasp number??