• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VR3255 is finally out and in distribution, and EWF opens the chapter on a new era of Day-Dates

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Nope, I’ve been watching this one. If you compare it to the ones in the thread you will see the difference.

I’m going to respectfully disagree.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I'm quite certain it is VR3255. But we can wait for more experienced members to comment and confirm.

There was another one for awhile, apparently I’m not watching it anymore, and it was certainly the A3155.

Looking at the microadjusters I’m inclined to agree with you now.

Might have to order one and look at it. I don’t want to mess with my DD40 until someone does it before me ;)

Reactions: jkrw247

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Top row, 3rd one from the left. What stone is that?
Interesting. I don't like that one because the transition or line or whatever is too straight.

I'm told it's Eisenkiesel but doesn't look like the Rolex Eisenkiesel. But I actually prefer it over the Rolex version lol

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Of course my follow-up question is what's Eisenkiesel? Google is a great tool: "Eisenkiesel is an iron-oxide, delicately veined quartz"

So it's not a rare stone like the Gibeon meteorite which is fine by me because in the end you can select whichever piece of stone that you like best knowing that it's not sourced from some rare source. Pretty cool looking actually.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
This is the one I was referring to. The more veins the better. My opinion anyway. At least if I were selecting stone for a counter top or floor.

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Of course my follow-up question is what's Eisenkiesel? Google is a great tool: "Eisenkiesel is an iron-oxide, delicately veined quartz"

So it's not a rare stone like the Gibeon meteorite which is fine by me because in the end you can select whichever piece of stone that you like best knowing that it's not sourced from some rare source. Pretty cool looking actually.

This is the Rolex Eisenkiesel dial, which I'm pretty sure what I'm after is nothing like it. But as I mentioned, I'm actually not a big fan of the Rolex version. Whatever my dealer sent me (not sure what it actually is), I like it better! haha

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
This is the one I was referring to. The more veins the better. My opinion anyway. At least if I were selecting stone for a counter top or floor.

Ohhh, that's not the one I thought you were referring to haha I can't count apparently

SniParr88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/17
I wish they put the new Vr3255 movement in the new Tungsten watch. It's well annoying. Il wait for this to happen, before pulling the trigger...

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Good morning,
Has anyone seen these at TD yet or possibly know when we can expect them?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
oh. now now.
you got me interested 👀
Take a look here, I did a short review in the past regarding the "older" GMF version of the Day-Date. ;)

Davidoff06

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
7/9/23
France
Cool to see the industry progress, but the reliable, easy-to-service, and easy-to-fix-or-replace 2836 movement is a major part of the reason why I love the current DayDates. More weight and better fluted bezels are the only real updates I'm interested in.
Hello. I have a problem with my day date. I purchased a 2836 Mouvement butfor the day and date discs i don’t no where can I buy it?
can you help me?

GG2019

Patron
Certified
23/12/19
Uk
Anyone tried to fit the vr3255 into gmf tungsten case yet? I’m itching to do it…