• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VR3255 is finally out and in distribution, and EWF opens the chapter on a new era of Day-Dates

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
There will be no more need for Day-Dates to depend on 2836-based movements.

Friction-fit GEN dials will now drop in without modifications.

The combination of this new movement with weighted cases will make it possible for us to have Day-Dates that are closer to GEN than ever before.

HYPAQc.jpeg

HYPLfX.jpeg

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Interested. Looks like EWF has started to up its game recently with the Titanium YM and now continuing to find new products for us. Probably fed-up of being at the end of the chain GMF - BPF - EWF.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Well this is awesome. I've always wanted to drop a gen daydate dial in one.
Also liking the attractive bezels on an EWF DD compared with GMF's slightly sharp ones, super.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Oh yes! The movement picture is inside a gold model, but there are no gold models on the advert. Will rosegold or yellowgold models also be released please @jkrw247 ?

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
@McDuck888 bro the case in the pic is an 18K solid gold case, very very expensive and imo not practical for simple hobbyists

but don't worry, gold cases are a standard config for daydates and EWF should release them too. even if they don't, you can bet that GMF (1 of the best gold plating in the biz) will step up to fill the gap

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
@McDuck888 bro the case in the pic is an 18K solid gold case, very very expensive and imo not practical for simple hobbyists

but don't worry, gold cases are a standard config for daydates and EWF should release them too. even if they don't, you can bet that GMF (1 of the best gold plating in the biz) will step up to fill the gap
Fully agree.
The GMF plating / color / finish of the yellow gold Day-Date rep is really spot on.

Great news with the 3255 clone movement. Amazing!

jsp6dk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/23
Interesting news. I've been holding off on getting a rep Daydate because it still doesn't feel like there's a "go-to" gen-like option. Sounds like it might make sense to see what EWF can produce rather than jumping into the Tungsten GMT with gold plating.

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Ugh I already have three DD. Will wait for GMF to get these VR movements into their tungsten cases, though.