• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very bad experience with Trustytime

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
The Trusted Dealer is not your concierge. They source the watch you want. Once they have it in hand they do basic checks which is what each and everyone one of you would do if this was a M2M sale. They have no control over production or assembly. Seems that in the last few years the coddling that many of you want is ridiculous. YOU should do your diligence and look locally to find someone that can assist with fixing minor issues that may arise. When I was a new member I had a sub arrive DOA. I didn't moan and groan like a school child. I went to a local watch maker and asked if they could help me. They were able to address my issue. Many of us have our own watchmakers that we have been using for years. If you're not savvy enough to figure that out on your own, there is a full list on RWI that gives you options no matter what part of the world you're. If you spent less time complaining and more time solving your issue, this thread would not be necessary as we already have dozens like it.

Last edited:

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
The Trusted Dealer is not you concierge. They source the watch you want. Once they have it in hand they do basic checks which is what each and everyone one of you would do if this was a M2M sale. They have no control over production or assembly. Seems that in the last few years the coddling that many of you want is ridiculous. YOU should do your diligence and look locally to find someone that can assist with fixing minor issues that may arise. When I was a new member I had a sub arrive DOA. I didn't moan and groan like a school child. I went to a local watch maker and asked if they could help me. They were able to address my issue. Many of us have our own watchmakers that we have been using for years. If you're not savvy enough to figure that out on your own, there is a full list on RWI that gives you options no matter what part of the world you're. If you spent less time complaining and more time solving your issue, this thread would not be necessary as we already have dozens like it.
The last sentence says it all - The soapbox approach when something goes wrong rather than using this energy towards a way to actually solve the issue

Calamar19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
17/1/24
Yes you did - further up in this thread.

That is true. But sometimes things happen and they don't arrive in perfect condition.

There is no such rule. And even less so when it involves the purchase of counterfeit goods.

Another common misconception, along with 'the right to receive a replica watch in perfect condition'. It is not up to forum staff to tell a dealer how to run his business. If his/her T&C's do not include a reship after a Customs seizure then that so be it. If the T&C's state no returns & refunds then so be it.
Each dealer on the forum is free to run his business as he wishes, each customer is free to read the T & C's of the dealer before making a purchase, they are equally free to spend some time looking at customer feedback for that specific dealer before making a purchase.
The 'Trusted' part of TD means that the dealer will send you the watch you ordered, it does not mean that the dealer has attained some sort of stamp of approval regarding after sales service, or the speed of his replies to your emails, or anything else - it means you can trust him to ship you the item you ordered.

Seems to be the most logical doesn't - judging the whole experience rather than singling out one part that you don't like and focusing on it obsessively ?

More nonsense. You've been on reddit, I can tell.

No misjudgment. Charging 200 euros labor to dismantle the keyless works and reassemble it is nonsense, 100 euros would have been more than enough - it's at the very most a 45 minute job.
Andrews record as a dealer goes back over 15 years, he's never scammed or been justifiably been accused of scamming.

My feelings so far, based on this thread is that you made very little effort to look at this specific dealers reputation/feedback. Andrew has been a TD on several fora for many years, his customer service is 'old school'. He's not going to make you a cup of chamomile tea and offer soothing words when you have issues with a watch from him.

Let me know when you've read Andrews T & C regarding lost parcels and Custom seizures - I'm not going to rewrite his T&C's for him, but if he doesn't respect what he wrote himself then I will encourage him to do so.
That's the extent of my possible, future interventions.
Also, let me know when you'll be paying to become a Supporter, instead of sitting there with your hand out, expecting something for nothing, like some street urchin.

Getting criticized by 'senior members' usually happen when someone complains about how long it's taking to get their watch repaired in China.

Try and find a seller in M2M who will reship in case of a Customs seizure - almost all TDs will. Try to find a seller who will accept to repair the watch at his expense as long as you ship it back to him at your expense - that is in the T&Cs of almost all TDs.
You'll also find that almost all watches for sale in M2M are used watches, which is not the case with TDs.

90% of all Helpdesk tickets pertaining to watches that arrive with issues are from purchases made in M2M.
If as I said, for example two years ago I bought a Tudor GMT that had problems with the date, it took me 3 months for the watch to be repaired because they sent it to Switzerland to change the movement ... and that is a generation ... buying a replica implies in many cases fucking you because you know what you are buying or that it goes well and enjoying a watch similar to the one you like for a minimal part of the value ... if you do not always have Brands for less than 600 dollars such as swatch, Alpina, oris, Tag used etc ... but human beings always want more than we can pay or for pleasure or to show that you can ..

Then you have to fuck yourself for having paid 600 dollars for a watch that is a copy that is made in China without any quality control Or visible faces ... That's the moral ... if you had bought a Swatch you could complain in the boutique and they change it

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If as I said, for example two years ago I bought a Tudor GMT that had problems with the date, it took me 3 months for the watch to be repaired because they sent it to Switzerland to change the movement ... and that is a generation ... buying a replica implies in many cases fucking you because you know what you are buying or that it goes well and enjoying a watch similar to the one you like for a minimal part of the value ... if you do not always have Brands for less than 600 dollars such as swatch, Alpina, oris, Tag used etc ... but human beings always want more than we can pay or for pleasure or to show that you can ..

Then you have to fuck yourself for having paid 600 dollars for a watch that is a copy that is made in China without any quality control Or visible faces ... That's the moral ... if you had bought a Swatch you could complain in the boutique and they change it
Have you ever sent a watch into an AD for service ? It's not exactly taken care of overnight. If you're paying $600 for a replica of a watch that costs 20 times as much, you should be realistic with your expectations.

USA IN STOCK

Hello, I'm Melissa
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
USA

Should have kept it and bought a VR3235 for $100, movement swap for $50, and ask for $150 discount or refund part of that cost from Trusty.....

I've had DOA watches and the only one I sent back was the 1055 Panerai P900 clone movement which had 0 spare parts - and that one took 4.5 months for it to come back to me.

I don't understand why most people don't do this. This is a really good solution.

kalantz

Horology Curious
8/12/17
Yes you did - further up in this thread.

That is true. But sometimes things happen and they don't arrive in perfect condition.

There is no such rule. And even less so when it involves the purchase of counterfeit goods.

Another common misconception, along with 'the right to receive a replica watch in perfect condition'. It is not up to forum staff to tell a dealer how to run his business. If his/her T&C's do not include a reship after a Customs seizure then that so be it. If the T&C's state no returns & refunds then so be it.
Each dealer on the forum is free to run his business as he wishes, each customer is free to read the T & C's of the dealer before making a purchase, they are equally free to spend some time looking at customer feedback for that specific dealer before making a purchase.
The 'Trusted' part of TD means that the dealer will send you the watch you ordered, it does not mean that the dealer has attained some sort of stamp of approval regarding after sales service, or the speed of his replies to your emails, or anything else - it means you can trust him to ship you the item you ordered.

Seems to be the most logical doesn't - judging the whole experience rather than singling out one part that you don't like and focusing on it obsessively ?

More nonsense. You've been on reddit, I can tell.

No misjudgment. Charging 200 euros labor to dismantle the keyless works and reassemble it is nonsense, 100 euros would have been more than enough - it's at the very most a 45 minute job.
Andrews record as a dealer goes back over 15 years, he's never scammed or been justifiably been accused of scamming.

My feelings so far, based on this thread is that you made very little effort to look at this specific dealers reputation/feedback. Andrew has been a TD on several fora for many years, his customer service is 'old school'. He's not going to make you a cup of chamomile tea and offer soothing words when you have issues with a watch from him.

Let me know when you've read Andrews T & C regarding lost parcels and Custom seizures - I'm not going to rewrite his T&C's for him, but if he doesn't respect what he wrote himself then I will encourage him to do so.
That's the extent of my possible, future interventions.
Also, let me know when you'll be paying to become a Supporter, instead of sitting there with your hand out, expecting something for nothing, like some street urchin.

Getting criticized by 'senior members' usually happen when someone complains about how long it's taking to get their watch repaired in China.

Try and find a seller in M2M who will reship in case of a Customs seizure - almost all TDs will. Try to find a seller who will accept to repair the watch at his expense as long as you ship it back to him at your expense - that is in the T&Cs of almost all TDs.
You'll also find that almost all watches for sale in M2M are used watches, which is not the case with TDs.

90% of all Helpdesk tickets pertaining to watches that arrive with issues are from purchases made in M2M.
I see where this is going. Starting with the fact that you insist that I asked for intervention, which I never did. I sense that you need financial support to be polite and fair with your judgment when it comes to members that are having a bad experience with a seller, even though their case could be indeed an exception to the rule. Your problem is that I have not been an active member since my registration and I have not read every little thread in the forum. If I was more active maybe I would know that I should not send the watch to China. Maybe I would know that it is better to suck it up and pay from my pocket to repair it even if it was not my fault that it arrived broken. Maybe I would have developed the technical skills to know how much a setting lever pin replacement costs. Maybe I could have become a watch expert and fix it myself. I apologise but I also have a life. Next time I'll ask for advise directly from you since you probably know many repair shops in Greece that would happily take the responsibility to repair replicas at reasonable prices without knowing what's inside and where to find parts.

Calamar19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
17/1/24
Have you ever sent a watch into an AD for service ? It's not exactly taken care of overnight. If you're paying $600 for a replica of a watch that costs 20 times as much, you should be realistic with your expectations.
That's what I said... a Rolex service puts it for a 14060 delay from the time you leave it in the AD until it comes back to you 45/60 days depending on the time of the year, because in the US you can no longer go to the CSR to leave it in person... you get 750 dollars...

We have to be clear that what we buy here is shit and we pay what comes out of a watch that has production standards.... I would like to see sometime how these watches are made and the conditions in the places where they are made...

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I sense that you need financial support to be polite and fair with your judgment when it comes to members that are having a bad experience with a seller, even though their case could be indeed an exception to the rule.

I don't get paid to do this, none of the staff do. My point is that you expect me to deal with an issue, on my own time, for free, and you have contributed nothing to the forum that I and other staff help moderate.

kalantz

Horology Curious
8/12/17
I don't get paid to do this, none of the staff do. My point is that you expect me to deal with an issue, on my own time, for free, and you have contributed nothing to the forum that I and other staff help moderate.
My words, exactly.

My friend, I never asked from you or any other stuff member to deal with my issue. I simply reported my complaint for other members to know. If (I hope not) Andrew doesn't send the watch back repaired, or doesn't keep his word on the things we agreed on, I'll then ask for help providing all the evidence needed. Is it clear this time?

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
DE
My words, exactly.

My friend, I never asked from you or any other stuff member to deal with my issue. I simply reported my complaint for other members to know. If (I hope not) Andrew doesn't send the watch back repaired, or doesn't keep his word on the things we agreed on, I'll then ask for help providing all the evidence needed. Is it clear this time?
So this thread is a pure retribution? You don't do what I tell you and I will pee in your dining room? That's quite clear to me.

You are not looking for help or a solution, you just want to draw blood.

kalantz

Horology Curious
8/12/17
You are not looking for help or a solution, you just want to draw blood.
If you think that sharing a bad experience derives from a need to draw blood, maybe you should look at your mirror. It is definitely your way to see things. Not mine. I always leave reviews, good or bad when I have pleasant or unpleasant experiences..

You should have better told me from the very beginning that sharing my experience here is not allowed. I understand that you are not on my side and I see why. But please, no more nonsense.

kalantz

Horology Curious
8/12/17

Should have kept it and bought a VR3235 for $100, movement swap for $50, and ask for $150 discount or refund part of that cost from Trusty.....

I've had DOA watches and the only one I sent back was the 1055 Panerai P900 clone movement which had 0 spare parts - and that one took 4.5 months for it to come back to me.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The TA has had a shitty experience with a TD and hopefully, the moderators can resolve things.

vNCJOg.gif

I never asked from you or any other stuff member to deal with my issue.

Reactions: TESLA760

kalantz

Horology Curious
8/12/17

Why shoud I replace the VS3235 with a VR3235 when VS3235 was my choice? The whole forum screams that VS3235 is a better caliber. I could have better ordered an ARF SeaDweller which is cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain, have more accurate cyclops and its caliber (2824-2) is probably more reliable. Besides, Trustytime would only cover $30 if I decided to repair it myself.

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Why shoud I replace the VS3235 with a VR3235 when VS3235 was my choice? The whole forum screams that VS3235 is a better caliber. I could have better ordered an ARF SeaDweller which is cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain, have more accurate cyclops and its caliber (2824-2) is probably more reliable. Besides, Trustytime would only cover $30 if I decided to repair it myself.

Or, you could have kept the stickers and get a righteous replacement. But you got rid of them, invalidating the warranty.