• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very bad experience from Nikz

MfHA

Horology Curious
22/8/22
Hi,

If I'm in wrong section, please move this post, thank in advance Mods!

I'm still trying to understand the situation and process it myself of what happened.
I'll try to keep it short, in case anyone wants full context it will be provided in the pastebin link: Pastebin Link
I've posted a WTB post (116610LV Items) and Nikz messaged me privately that he has one in great condition, the pictures he gave showed bezel in great condition.
Checked with my watchmaker and seems that Nikz is well known and has mostly good reviews. So I knew I could trust this person.

After checking the pictures he sent me, I've agreed that I will buy it from him.
The pictures shown looked like the Bezel was in great condition and not polished, Niz did not provide any additional info.
Only problem was I could not send bank wire in 1 go, I was not familiar on how to but I've managed to send the money eventually which took some time.
Do note, I've removed personal information from the full chat to Avoid any sensitive information.

My watchmaker received the parcel on Friday, 15th of September and started inspecting the bezel and noticed something strange, he mentioned it might have been polished/buffed and needs a second opinion.
Meanwhile I wrote to Nikz, asking if that was the case.

He responded that it was in very good condition (not great as mentioned) and that it was the cheapest bezel worldwide and that If I don't want it despite having seen the pics he has no problem taking it back.
I've messaged: "That its ok and ill take it" (15:07). I might have jumped the gun, however after 2-3 hours I got a second opinion and information that it was polished in order to show it's in good condition.
The pearl was damaged on the sides, there's a cut on the bezel and it's been polished specifically to make sure it looks good on normal pictures.

After discussing and thinking to myself, I've decided that I don't want to accept this bezel as it was not in good faith from his side keeping any of these details.
I feel he should've disclosed any information and be transparent on the condition of the bezel. Would that mean ,buying an expensive part solely based on pictures and not inspecting afterwards would be crazy.
When I messaged Nikz 7 hours later (22:30) asking that I want to return it because it was not as expected it started fine but then quickly turned into a shit show.
I've provided the pictures I got from my watchmaker and fast forward he said he will check with his supplier. Do mind this all happened 1 day after receiving and inspecting the bezel.

I got a message today that his not willing to refund and accept return.
I've even offered 15% from the deal due to taxes that he payed and his still refusing the refund.
What even more upsets me is the following he mentioned: "That aint the thing - RWI isn't amazon. We as TD's don't have a refund policy".

Is it not common to inspect the item when receiving it ? I was expecting bezel in great condition but it was tampered to make it look like.
What do you think ? Asking for your suggestions as I'm lost and have no idea what to do. I feel ashamed and tricked.
P.S He did not share with me any listing he had or other information besides pictures.

Images given by Nikz:

zrOVmY.jpg

zrOgSk.jpg
zrYZeo.jpg
zrOcPD.jpg
zrYjrJ.jpg
zrYzEP.jpg

Below are the images from my watchmaker:

zrYeP8.jpg

zrYLmR.jpg
zrYLmR.jpg

zrYh4Q.jpg

zrY2gL.jpg

zrYWev.jpg

zrYat1.jpg

zrY50K.jpg

MfHA

Horology Curious
22/8/22
It would be better if you used a tunneling electron microscope to show some of the imperfections.
You're right :) Wish we all had such tools.
With that said, isn't it common to check item properly after receiving it ?

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
wow, I am speechless.... you are looking at imagines, from ... a microscope of your bezel?

in case you did not notice, everyone is making fun of you...

did you see anything yourself? no? how come....or do you think everyone runs around with a microscope to check your watch? :ROFLMAO:
wear it during autum/winter and any watch will have marks....holy moly....

you do realize, that even if you buy a brand new one, it can have flaws...?

Shame on you Nik, next time you should take pictures with NASA like "hubble" telescopes.......
If that is not great condition, I dont know what is...I guess he never said its new and unused.....just great condition.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Crazy. Just to add context- I’ve been kind enough to ask my supplier if he could get it back. I even offered him help to resell the bezel- yet besides HAVING SEEN the listing (that’s where he saw the pics of the bezel, and even asked additional ones so that “his watchmaker could check and confirm”) he complains (on a stated NOT NEW, but in VERY GOOD CONDITIONS bezel) “defects” visible on a MICROSCOPE.

Beware when you deal with new members- I’ve learnt the hard way.

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
Just to add one more thing to everyone reading this BS

Nik is currently doing a franken for me (116508) and EVEN got his hands on a gen bezel that he was kind enough to offer me.

I took it and he went on....2 days ago, he messaged me and said his gold polisher messed up and damaged the bezel (with picture).
He will take care of it, free of charge and when I pick up my second bag of watches (I have some planned with him) he will swap the BTF for the gen.

I dont know, but this shows to me what kind of person he is.

So this post from OP is just BS....

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
"Pictures look good with condition however when under microscope there are flaws which I can't bear to have."

Better not buy a gen Rolex then OP, as even brand new it will be far from measuring up to these fucking crazy expectations. I recommend for you a Lange, or maybe a Patek Grand Complications. Even then you will want to pre inspect.

MfHA

Horology Curious
22/8/22
I was ready to be bashed but never have I wondered it would be this way.
You're completely missing the point, I'm complaining here the fact it was polished and not mentioned or given any information from Nikz.
He did not send me his listing via PM or whatsapp.

So what If I'm a new member, is it wrong to inspect Item I purchase after arrival?
Have you ever purchased item and did not examine it later?

Experience varies from person to person, I do inspect items with tools available.
In this rare occasion, where we buy the seller and not the watch I feel the seller has not given proper information.
On listing it says "great" condition, here he says very good condition.

If bezel wouldn't be polished, would it be "great" condition? No. Because it would be visible to the eye, correct?
The point is, bezel was worked on to make it look good on pictures and that information was not given from seller.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
If bezel wouldn't be polished, would it be "great" condition? No. Because it would be visible to the eye, correct?
The point is, bezel was worked on to make it look good on pictures and that information was not given from seller.
Even in your published message thread (in which Nikz is far more patient with your buyer's remorse bullshit than he has any need to be) you concede that you need a microscope to spot the flaws you "cannot bear". You bought a USED item, not mint, which is what you received.

Everyone with half an eyeball can see the condition is exactly as described. The fact you lied about a "damaged" pearl only serves to further disintegrate any case for actual misrepresentation you may have had. Suggest you request this thread be closed, pay for a supporter status and resell the bezel in the parts thread for what you paid. It'll sell in a day. Your reputation may take longer to recoup than your cash.

MfHA

Horology Curious
22/8/22
Even in your published message thread (in which Nikz is far more patient with your buyer's remorse bullshit than he has any need to be) you concede that you need a microscope to spot the flaws you "cannot bear". You bought a USED item, not mint, which is what you received.

Everyone with half an eyeball can see the condition is exactly as described. The fact you lied about a "damaged" pearl only serves to further disintegrate any case for actual misrepresentation you may have had. Suggest you request this thread be closed, pay for a supporter status and resell the bezel in the parts thread for what you paid. It'll sell in a day. Your reputation may take longer to recoup than your cash.
Where did I lie? Do you not see the pictures? The sides have small hits...
My issue is not buyer remorse or stuff like that. My issue is he did not give full information.

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Demand for talented watchmakers, especially someone of Nikz19’s caliber, far exceeds the supply — this game / hobby requires patience, some agree of risk tolerance, and most of all….realistic expectations. I’ve done work with Nikz19 and can vouch for his integrity.

Reactions: mclarendude

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
My issue is not buyer remorse or stuff like that. My issue is he did not give full information.

I think YOU are missing the point, that I tried multiple times to explain: you didn’t bought a new bezel and you’ve not been charged for a new bezel.
You just asked side pics and had your watchmaker confirm it.
Listing wasn’t misleading at all- never mentioned a brand new item, nor mentioned unpolished. If it was so important to get a never polished bezel you could have A) asked it yourself in the first place and B) buy a blistered brand new one. And pray it has no microscopical X50 visible issues

Reactions: mclarendude

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
After checking the pictures he sent me, I've agreed that I will buy it from him.
The pictures shown looked like the Bezel was in great condition and not polished,

I didn't need to look at your watchmakers pics to see the bezel has been polished to remove scratches and dings.

My watchmaker received the parcel on Friday, 15th of September and started inspecting the bezel and noticed something strange, he mentioned it might have been polished/buffed and needs a second opinion.

I don't really expect you to know what you're looking at, but if you didn't show those pics to your watchmaker before purchasing then that's your mistake.
If your watchmaker needs an electron microscope and a second opinion before he can decide if the bezel ring has been polished then he too doesn't know what he's looking at.

however after 2-3 hours I got a second opinion and information that it was polished in order to show it's in good condition.

It's a used part, they frequently get polished. If you were told it was new, unused and then received something that's been polished to remove scratches that would be a different story.

I feel he should've disclosed any information and be transparent on the condition of the bezel. Would that mean ,buying an expensive part solely based on pictures and not inspecting afterwards would be crazy.

He sent you multiple pics to check, from different angles, and in good light. Nothing was hidden from you.

This is how items are sold everyday on sites like eBay - you look at the pics and send payment.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK

I see nothing inconsistent against a heavily magnified brand new pearl. If you think these are perfect to a subatomic scale you are totally incorrect. If you think brand new factory rolex parts are flawless under a microscope you are also totally incorrect. He did give full information. It is your post-purchase evaluation that is unreasonable and the sooner you realise this the quicker you will stop digging your own hole.

shovel digging GIF by Hunter Gatherer