• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
The number of comments and likes tell me this is more than just a hobby for you sir:) and I respect that.
It actually is. It's called DKHMD ( dopamine kick hunting mental disorder ). I hope they find a cure someday 🤗 But until then...oh well...😬

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Is the A2892 as used in this Ingy any good and reliable? Or an ETA2892 replacement is a better option?

TengaBlack

Looking Around
23/5/24
Some gen pictures for those who want a comparison. I can't say for certain as I've never seen any rep of this myself, but from the pictures posted here, the dial appears too 'green' and lacks the metallic texture. Again, this could be a lighting issue as it's hard to capture an accurate photo with all the reflections and light, but the blue is more intense from a distance or close-up shot, and extremely metallic.

As for the whites, they are bit too "white". Again, this could be a lighting issue as well, but my friend owns a white one and it's not as bright as the rep pics posted here. There's a tiny bit of a grey hue which makes it look more like silver with the metalic texture.

The black one looks pretty spot on, with the only flaw I see being the shape of the screw, which you wouldn't notice without a macro shot.(don't even know if such minor issue is even considered a flaw)

Overall, I think this rep is a killer and pretty darn good. I'm thinking of buying a black one myself.

montanari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/24
black is a safer buy
the dial of the aqua does not look like the gen, but maybe could be the light..

Coniuratus

Looking Around
8/11/22

QC Last Week, Delivery today.
What a good looking watch!
Please don't get me wrong: Is there a version 3? In my opinion, the Swiss Made lettering in the picture is now almost symmetrical around the six o'clock marker. Before, the Made was very far away or to the right. Am I wrong?

Jarken

15/5/23
black is a safer buy
the dial of the aqua does not look like the gen, but maybe could be the light..
If I meet someone with Gen Aqua and tell them mine is a rep... How do you think feels most embarrassed? Thats the big question.

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Looking good!
What's is your wrist circumference if I may ask? I have a rather narrow wrist (16.5cm), and was wondering if it would look too big.

17.5 - 18 cm.
The watch wears very Compact, light and easy, comparable to my Rolex 16570.

Spa day, soften the edges, next step oil bath

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Please don't get me wrong: Is there a version 3? In my opinion, the Swiss Made lettering in the picture is now almost symmetrical around the six o'clock marker. Before, the Made was very far away or to the right. Am I wrong?
Eagle eyed member , it seems youre right and they fixed the Swiss Made

icqmtl77

Known Member
19/7/09
Some gen pictures for those who want a comparison. I can't say for certain as I've never seen any rep of this myself, but from the pictures posted here, the dial appears too 'green' and lacks the metallic texture. Again, this could be a lighting issue as it's hard to capture an accurate photo with all the reflections and light, but the blue is more intense from a distance or close-up shot, and extremely metallic.

As for the whites, they are bit too "white". Again, this could be a lighting issue as well, but my friend owns a white one and it's not as bright as the rep pics posted here. There's a tiny bit of a grey hue which makes it look more like silver with the metalic texture.

The black one looks pretty spot on, with the only flaw I see being the shape of the screw, which you wouldn't notice without a macro shot.(don't even know if such minor issue is even considered a flaw)

Overall, I think this rep is a killer and pretty darn good. I'm thinking of buying a black one myself.

Wah... I think the rep definitely looking correct like the Gen
Thank you all for the help.
Ok will go for the Aqua.

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
In this comparison the aqua color looks very good, together with the black it is the most accurate, the white is more silvery in the rep

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Judging colors from Pictures is Always very random. Only Real Life is meaningful comparison.
From my Personal experience, almost all colors apart from black are difficult to replicate.

montanari

5/4/24
but from the pic is clear the bracelet is long like the gen..
thank you

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/16

I saw it in person. I think the dial is shinier and the pattern “pops” out more on the gen. And yeah the color is not quite the same for aqua, but I like the aqua rep so idgaf lol.

With the price of the gen for stainless steel the 95% the same rep is a no brainer and I truly do think this one is 95% the same outward appearance wise. Scratched the itch, no desire for gen unlike a lot of other reps I still want the gen for. Every v7f I have bought has fulfilled that, they really do pump out nwbig. I wear v7f 2-3 times a week if not more, mark xx, xviii and this one.

Last edited: