• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 IWC MK XX first impressions

Caboose

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
I am purchasing one at the moment and my QC photos show a misaligned date. As the dial does not locate into the movement, and instead the movement spacer, shouldn't it be relatively simple to slightly twist the dial for alignment purposes? I'm going through a TD who is notoriously difficult with QC criticisms, so if this is likely an easily fixed issue I would rather just approve. If it would require dissassembly and resetting of the date wheel or more, I will attempt to get another piece. For those who are more familiar with these things, I appreciate the help.
I could be wrong but typically the datewheel is actually a glued overlay on the actual datewheel, so it could be as easy as removing the dial, hands, and then re-gluing correctly.

Caboose

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
I am purchasing one at the moment and my QC photos show a misaligned date. As the dial does not locate into the movement, and instead the movement spacer, shouldn't it be relatively simple to slightly twist the dial for alignment purposes? I'm going through a TD who is notoriously difficult with QC criticisms, so if this is likely an easily fixed issue I would rather just approve. If it would require dissassembly and resetting of the date wheel or more, I will attempt to get another piece. For those who are more familiar with these things, I appreciate the help.
I could be wrong but typically the datewheel is actually a glued overlay on the actual datewheel, so it could be as easy as removing the dial, hands, and then re-gluing correctly.

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US
Yeah, that's definitely a couple steps I would wish to avoid on a new watch. Thanks

Reactions: Caboose

WatchGuy>IT

14/5/12
guys, anyone knows if the V7F Mark XX steel bracelet will fit in a ZF Mark XX? I have a green dial ZF and I'd like to get the rep steel bracelet. thanks in advance

MangoSlush

Looking Around
26/4/24
I bought the original V7F strap version. Anyone knows if I can order the bracelet separately? Will it fit? Did the case change between strap and bracelet version?

Mkempes

and now into vintage
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
EU
I bought the original V7F strap version. Anyone knows if I can order the bracelet separately? Will it fit? Did the case change between strap and bracelet version?
It should fit. You may post your search in the WTB section.

I know that there are members that bought it with bracelet and swapped it for an aftermarket strap. I did that too. Perhaps someone is willing to sell the bracelet.